Page 1334 of 1676 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413321333133413351336134413841434 ... LastLast
Results 13,331 to 13,340 of 16760

Thread: Politics

  1. #13331
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I think that's a political statement from your part, Mo. In my mind you're an ardent Hillarist. So i can't quite reconcile what you say now with what you said before as a "shift" in position, I think you're overstretching the concept of truth there.

    As for Sanders not doing shit, I think that discussion is in need of evidence-backed arguments, I wouldn't believed he'd be ranked so highly by the ACLU if he was just a seat warmer. That link came from the govtrack URL you posted.
    I don't see any over stretching. You can go back and see my very strong inclination for Bernie long before the primary in 2016. I like a lot of his very liberal ideas (higher minimum wage, healthcare for all, free university, etc etc, I think those will help to solve a lot of society's issues (but the one that will make the biggest bang for the buck is free childcare- kindergarten, but I don't know if he even mentions it) in todays climate. I'd even say that university should come with a caveat that one "serves" for two years in thier chosen field in a depressed community. People would get to go to other parts of the country, see and experience a life unlike their own, maybe get to understand each other a little more, but I digress) However, he doesn't do shit. He's barely passed any legislation in nearly 40 years in Congress. The fucks he been doing? If he can't get legislation passed in decades and decades of "service" in Congress, how's he going to get legislation passed from the White House?

    You can call me a Hillarist, and I will gladly take on that mantle. Hillary is a wonderful woman who dutifully served her country for almost her entire working life, then got screwed over by fucking Bernie, the Russians who feared what her leadership would mean, a population so horrified by the presidency of a decent man BECAUSE HE WAS BLACK, that they chose an avowed racist to replace him, a dastardly combination of all of the above. And more.

    I will refer to myself as a pragmatist. We black people are politically pragmatic. We may want the pie in the sky ideals of but when it comes down to it, the system fucks us more than just about any other group, so we vote where we get hurt the least. Something Republicans don't understand. (oddly enough a lot of black people are politically conservative but we don't fuck with Republicans coz we see by their actions that they are racist.)

    Bernies biggest problem (this is my take) is that his answer to every. single. problem in society is "corporate greed is ... " (this is the part where we doze off, because the question was about black lives matter, or pipeline access through Native American lands, or the triumph of US womens soccer team at the World Cup (on the real though, they got a lot of help from the video AR, but they probably would have won anyway!) he could be asked about Trump's recent statements and he'd find a way to squeeze in "corporate greed" into the response. His solution for every problem is his corporate greed hammer.
    We get it. He'd raise corportate taxes and taxes on dividend income and close the fund manager loophole. Great. That won't end racism. That won't stop homophobia. That won't end nativism. Won't bring back harambe. Won't put less plastic in the sea. Wont save the whales.

    And the reason I don't fuck with him no more is mostly his fucking acolytes: see, billi. They're all like him; devoid of facts, disconnected from reality, and committed to the cause of St Bernard, no matter what logic and reason may dictate. that he lacks substance. His record getting legislation passed, example one. His Medicare for All lacks a funding mechanism. How do you get basics like that wrong? Ex 2. That after he was statistically out of the race, he decided to go all the way to the convention, then did the bare minimum, if even that. Ex 3. That he didn't fundraise (part of the bare minimum i guess) like he committed to. Ex 4. That he keeps running as a Democrat, then fucking over/ fighting Democrats more than the other party, who is the common enemy(?) Ex 5. There's a whole encylopedia of his fuckery. It's 2019, you can look it up yourself. Google is still free. Long story short; he can get fucked. Then get fucked some more. Then fuck off once he's done that.

  2. #13332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    No, not quite half of the country in that case.

    68% of Americans found Trump tweet offensive. 32% is way less than half. https://www.vox.com/2019/7/17/206977...-tweet-polling

    Further, even if all 32% of them are unamerican racists, what should be done to them if you have the power? If we can't send them back where they came from, then maybe lock them up in concentration camps or gas chambers?

    We don't have to sink to their same low levels. It'd be better to help raise them to a higher level. Legislations such as busing kids around town just won't help resolve any grown up issues. Need to find better ways to unfuck ourselves.


    If we parse out the roughly 30% of Americans that didn't vote we're back to 50%

  3. #13333
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    The point isnít about percentage. If we all go back to where we came from, this country will be empty.

    Anyway, I think you just have issue with sanders leadership skillz. However, think about it... we now have a government being corrupted by corporate greed, why do you think a senator fighting against such corruption can do well in such environment?

    If we now have a govt freed from corporate lobbyists and sanders still canít get anything done then Iíll be with you.

    Just out of curiosity, which candidates are your top choices this time?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 11:57 AM.

  4. #13334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    The point isn’t about percentage. If we all go back to where we came from, this country will be empty.

    Anyway, I think you just have issue with sanders leadership skillz. However, think about it... we now have a government being corrupted by corporate greed, why do you think a senator fighting against such corruption can do well in such environment?

    If we now have a govt freed from corporate lobbyists and sanders still can’t get anything done then I’ll be with you.

    Just out of curiosity, which candidates are your top choices this time?


    Um, ... Native Americans. Or did you forget that they were already here before those three ships carrying political/ religious/ economic refugees from Europe?

    "Why do you think a senator fighting against such corruption can do well in such environment?"
    I don't understand this. I think you mean why do I think "a senator fighting blah blah blah CAN'T do well... blah blah blah." I don't know if you noticed but there wasn't a corruption problem in Obama's presidency. And almost all the candidates have spoken out about the corruption; he's NOT alone in saying he'll get rid of it.

    If we have a government without corporate lobbyists I STILL don't want Sanders near it.

    I want a Kamala Harris/ Julian Castro ticket. And I want all the other candidates to go run for Senate in their respective states. And I still want Bush and Cheney prosecuted for war crimes, corruption et al. And the entire Trump cabinet investigated and charged as neccesary. And the entire GOP.

  5. #13335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    Native Americans probably migrated over to the Americas from Asia, Australia and Melanesia according to DNA tests. https://www.latimes.com/science/scie...721-story.html They can all go back to their respective continents!

    With regard to corruption, I don't know how we ought to define it precisely, but I think it's safe to presume that Obama admin did not render corporate lobbyists useless. Old school dems achieved their power thru fundraising. Pelosi is up there simply because she's one of best fundraisers. Who funds her? Obviously not the regular Joes.

    People like Sanders... and now the SQUAD are there not because of corporate funds, but because of the voters! This is why Pelosi has a huge headache now... that she's powerless to control the SQUAD because they are not dependent on corporate money. And obviously Sanders won't be liked very well by other corporately funded senators as well.

    Fighting corruption won't be easy, but the 1st step is to at least not take money from big companies. Not very many congress persons can say that they are truly representing the people and not the big companies. Yeah, everybody can say that they'll fight corruption and pay lip service, but let me see you not take money from big companies 1st.

    In order for black lives to truly matter in this day and age, either black people need to get very rich or congress members gotta be truly serving the people in their district.

    Anyway, I don't know Castro enough to make up my mind, but I'm pretty sure I won't be voting for Harris. She reminds me of Hillary. I suppose that's probably why you like her!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.

  6. #13336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Native Americans probably migrated over to the Americas from Asia, Australia and Melanesia according to DNA tests. https://www.latimes.com/science/scie...721-story.html They can all go back to their respective continents!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post

    If that's the game we are playing why don't we go back to the paloelithic age when the continents probably hadn't separated from Africa yet? In which case there was no America. Why do you this? You stay saying stupid half thought out shit.

    Spoiler:
    With regard to corruption, I don't know how we ought to define it precisely, but I think it's safe to presume that Obama admin did not render corporate lobbyists useless. Old school dems achieved their power thru fundraising. Pelosi is up there simply because she's one of best fundraisers. Who funds her? Obviously not the regular Joes.


    I don't know if you noticed but elections are expensive, they mentioned a billion dollars, and you poors donating $27 at a time don't donate enough money to successfully beat out the Republicans who have no problem taking corporate money. It'd take 37 million of you to donate that much, at that rate. So yeah, i'll take corporate money if it gets us to the target, the White House, and overwhelming majorities in the senate and the Congress, where we can then make rules about corporate money in politics. But i'm not falling for the corporate money purity test; it's a recipe cooked up by those who want to keep us on the fringes of government, beholden to the corporate interests that currently run the government, and forever not having any actual access to power. By having less money in all our political races (in this political climate) we have fewer candidates, and less influence in the government.

    I used to believe that shit but i've seen how all it does is keep us sidelined, while billionaires fund their pet candidates. Gimme all the money.
    Again, you keep saying stuff that shows how little brainpower has actually been applied to what you've said.

    Spoiler:
    People like Sanders... and now the SQUAD are there not because of corporate funds, but because of the voters! This is why Pelosi has a huge headache now... that she's powerless to control the SQUAD because they are not dependent on corporate money. And obviously Sanders won't be liked very well by other corporately funded senators as well.


    Bah humbug. They're all from blue if not solidly blue districts.

    Rep Sharice Davids, on the other hand, isnt. She is a freshman congresswoman. You don't see her twitter fingers writing checks the Democratic party has to cash. She's busy doing the work that needs to be done. Oh, and AOCs chief of staff said some really dubious/ intellectually dishonest things about her. He needs to apologise.
    Rep Katie Porter, another freshman, is busy kicking ass in the legislature and she too beat a Republican incumbent to get the position.
    Rep Lauren Underwood, also beat a GOP incumbent, has probably the best healthcare ideas out there, as a freshman congressperson, because she used to be a nurse. She also not spreading conspiracies on Twitter but busy kicking arse in Congress.
    Rep Lucy McBath is another dynamic freshman congressperson who unseated a Republican incumbent, you don't see her exercising her twitter fingers, but shes making real strides in the fight for gun control.

    It would behoove you to get your information from more than whatever leftist sites you get them from. It'll open your mind and prevent you from, again, spouting half baked shit.

    Spoiler:
    Fighting corruption won't be easy, but the 1st step is to at least not take money from big companies. Not very many congress persons can say that they are truly representing the people and not the big companies. Yeah, everybody can say that they'll fight corruption and pay lip service, but let me see you not take money from big companies 1st.


    This is a perfect example of what i'm talking about about your lack of forethought. The first step to fighting corruption is having control of the White House, Senate, and Congress. If you don't get the money, you don't win elections. If you don't win elections you can't effect change. Don't put the cart before the horse because you don't like looking at the horses ass as it pulls your cart.

    Spoiler:
    In order for black lives to truly matter in this day and age, either black people need to get very rich or congress members gotta be truly serving the people in their district.


    This is why I can't respect you; you stay saying stupid shit. You're anti getting money to win elections, and your champion is "anti corruption" then you say dumb shit like this. Black people have to get rich or get non corrupt officials. Really? Fuck off.

    Spoiler:
    Anyway, I don't know Castro enough to make up my mind, but I'm pretty sure I won't be voting for Harris. She reminds me of Hillary. I suppose that's probably why you like her!


    I guess if you don't know enough about Castro it's because you haven't bothered to research anything about him. It's 2019. Google is free.
    You don't like Kamala because she is a strong woman, like Hillary, you mean.

    I like Harris because there are 5, really, viable contenders for the Democratic nomination. In no particular order.
    Biden can fuck off. If he can't be prepared enough to defend/ apologise for his previous positions then he hasn't done the work. Which means he ain't serious, and we've got problems that need serious people.
    Bernie can fuck off. Because he can fuck off.
    Booker has problematic ties to big pharma.
    Warren was a Republican. All that shit in the 80s didn't open her eyes? Nah fam.

    Castro. I want him to run as Kamala's running mate.
    Buttigieg. Go fix your city. My cousin used to live in South bend. I've been there, it needs fixing.
    Gillibrand. Nothing against her, just better candidates.
    Klobuchar. Same as Gillibrand.
    deBlasio. Fix New York. Why ain't they charged Eric Garners killer? Sit down if you can't get that shit right.
    Beto. Shoulda taken that momentum and run, again, for Senate. Coryn may not be as reviled as Cruz but he is the closest to Trump by some metric; ... voting record? I don't remember.
    Hickenlooper. Go run for senate.
    The rest of the white men; go run for senate.
    Gabbard, and Williamson. Ha ha. No, for real; quit playing.
    Yang/ Messam. Not in 2020 my dudes. Go run for senate as well.

  7. #13337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,454
    Oh man, deBlasio. Why is he still buzzing around?

  8. #13338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh man, deBlasio. Why is he still buzzing around?
    With Trumps ascension to the Emperor With No Clothes, anybody can be Prez. I guess everybody is trying to be.

    I, secretly, think they are all onto Bernie's scam, and they're all mostly all running some form of that. Run for White House. Fail. End up with millions in donations. Launder that. How? Write some garbage book. Sell it to yourself/ staff/ contributors. Buy loads of it for your next campaign. Maybe you started a foundation or trust. In which case they buy it. Your kids are the directors of the foundation. They get paid to play words with friends. You shut down your foundation.

  9. #13339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    Anyway Neanderthal, so what if warren was a republican? I was an atheist /Buddhist too! She also used to be Native American too, but not anymore!

    You know, what you are doing, is it really so much better than Trump? Go back to where you came from vs fuck off! Whatís the difference?

    Belittling Warren as Pocahontas vs Republican...

    Look, I dislike Hillary and Kamala enough to not vote for them but Iíd never tell them to fuck off. Likewise I wonít tell you to fuck off for voting for them. Hey, itís a free country!

    Donít you think we need more civility? Or we should all just fuck each other as hard as other people fucked us?

    And regarding foundations, surely the clintons run them the best? Bernie is probably only 2nd or 3rd rate...

    Iím seriously not smart enough to figure out how you end up seeing an ineffective senator Bernie as the devil and Wall Street darling president wanna be Hillary as the angel. My little brain just couldnít compute...

    Pragmatic choice sure, but no need to trump her up that much and put her opposition down that much too. Seriously, who has a bigger foundation? You have problems with Bernie foundation, but no issues with Clintonís? Or we absolutely need all the money we can get to beat the republicans?

    Anyway, win some lose some. At least Bill won thanks to Perot. At least Bernie did not run as 3rd party. Also, if Hillary could embrace a more progressive candidate as vp, she couldíve consolidated the left more.

    Stop blaming others for her lost. Hope you can chill out a bit... good luck with Kamala this time.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 17th, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

  10. #13340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway Neanderthal, so what if warren was a republican? I was an atheist /Buddhist too! She also used to be Native American too, but not anymore!

    You know, what you are doing, is it really so much better than Trump? Go back to where you came from vs fuck off! What’s the difference?

    Belittling Warren as Pocahontas vs Republican...

    Look, I dislike Hillary and Kamala enough to not vote for them but I’d never tell them to fuck off. Likewise I won’t tell you to fuck off for voting for them. Hey, it’s a free country!

    Don’t you think we need more civility? Or we should all just fuck each other as hard as other people fucked us?

    And regarding foundations, surely the clintons run them the best? Bernie is probably only 2nd or 3rd rate...

    I’m seriously not smart enough to figure out how you end up seeing an ineffective senator Bernie as the devil and Wall Street darling president wanna be Hillary as the angel. My little brain just couldn’t compute...

    Pragmatic choice sure, but no need to trump her up that much and put her opposition down that much too. Seriously, who has a bigger foundation? You have problems with Bernie foundation, but no issues with Clinton’s? Or we absolutely need all the money we can get to beat the republicans?

    Anyway, win some lose some. At least Bill won thanks to Perot. At least Bernie did not run as 3rd party. Also, if Hillary could embrace a more progressive candidate as vp, she could’ve consolidated the left more.

    Stop blaming others for her lost. Hope you can chill out a bit... good luck with Kamala this time.


    Hillary has been investigated more than anyone, I think. They've yet to find any malfeasance. Not one iota of wrongdoing. Same with the Clinton Foundation. Sure, its giant, but there has never been any malfeasance found in its activities. No corruption. No trickeration. No underhandedness. Nothing. Say what (baseless) things you want about Hillary or the Clinton Foundation; they're whistle clean.

    So what if Warren was a Republican? Well, lots of things happened while she was a republican, and she didn't bat an eyelid. Sure, she was busy raising her kids. But then suddenly "her eyes were opened?" Yeah, that bird don't fly. Conservatives have been shit political leaders for a longer time than her lifetime. She only started being a democrat in the mid 90s. So throughout the tumultous times of Reagan and Bush I she was GOP. That's a lot of shit to go through before coming to your senses.

    My fucks offs are well deserved. You, and Bernie, can both fuck off. You'll notice I use them sparingly, and mostly at Bernie. And his acolytes, like you.

    People who didn't vote for Hillary Clinton "fucked us." So, i'm ok on that front. Are you?


    You can't see how Bernie is the devil incarnate and the darling of Wall St, Hillary, was going to be our saviour? Did you read my previous post. You need money to win seats at every level. That takes money. When you control the White House, the Senate, and Congress, you can then enact change. And that is the only way you're going to disentangle corporate money from politics.
    Do you really think Bernies rants are going to change corporate influence on politics? Is that going to stop the lobbyists from having more access to members of the government than their voters? Really? Shouting at the clouds achieves nothing.

    Like I said, i'm a pragmatist.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •