Page 1373 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3738731273132313631371137213731374137513831423147318732373 ... LastLast
Results 13,721 to 13,730 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Ah, how resourceful!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Of the multitude of "jump the shark" moments of the Trump presidency, the hurricane map is definitely one of the most visible and obvious. The pettiness of it is truly extraordinary.

I think I'm slowly beginning to understand what Trump was defending... back when the forecast was about Dorian directly running over Florida, I guess he was probably concerned that Alabama might be hit as well? But of course forecast changed... or Dorian's path changed... so the original forecast isn't right anymore. Now the 'fake news media' is making a HUGE deal about him being wrong...

If only you could just let it go earlier on, the 'deal' would never become as big Mr. President!!!

Anyway, amazing comedic gold. I also freaking loved all the meme retweets that came out of this incident:https://www.buzzfeed.com/jonmichaelp...p-sharpie-meme

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    He said in a tweet specifically that Alabama was in danger which wasn't ever true. now he's backpedaling ever since to prove he wasn't wrong because it's impossible for him to be wrong.

Edit: the thing that most normal people would do, would be to reply with a follow-up explaining that you got mixed up and were incorrect, but I don't think he's ever done that once in his life
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; September 6th, 2019 at 02:19 PM.

Administrator
    Yeah, there was one point back on like August 29th where there was something like a 5-10% chance that one corner of one county in Alabama could get tropical storm force winds, but that was before Dorian took its northward turn and by September 1st it was clear that it was not going to get anywhere near Alabama. September 1st is when he said that they just found out that Alabama is in danger, which was incorrect. If he is referring to the few-days-old information as his "see, I was right!", he's basically admitting that he didn't pay a single bit of attention to the looming disaster from Dorian while he golfed that weekend, which isn't exactly better.

What's interesting is that in a conversation I was having with a Trump supporter maybe a year or so ago, there was an insistence that liberals were trying to make hurricanes sound more scary than they were in order to try to make people afraid of/believe in climate change, and now Trump himself is insisting that people that were not in danger of a hurricane actually were and trying to contradict the NWS who, presumably, issued the statement to keep people from suddenly panicking.

Anyway, I think it’s probably better to just laugh it off guys. What the hell else could we do?

2020 is just around the corner.

This was my favorite meme in the bunch too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post

Administrator
    Turns out he didn't make Melania walk in the rain either, stupid fake news.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Too hot for that fatass.
    acket.