Page 1376 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3768761276132613661374137513761377137813861426147618762376 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,760 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    "I had the second-tallest building in Manhattan, now I have the tallest." - some cunt on 9/11/01

Administrator
    A little torn on the John Bolton thing, since on the one hand he's a monster who wanted to get us into war in Iran but on the other hand apparently was the only person telling Trump that maybe becoming buddies with Kim Jong Un and the Taliban isn't a great idea. It's another one of those "Hey, great, a horrible person is ousted, but I can't even imagine the even-more-horrible person they've got teed up". Someone on Twitter suggested it might be the kids who came up with "Bumfights".

It’s like Jurassic park, Trump-rex eats up velociraptors and save the day... for now.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    no commentary needed:

President Trump: "The light bulb. People said what's with the light bulb. I said here's the story, and I looked at it. The bulb that we're being forced to use. Number one, to me, most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange. And so do you. The light is the worst."

No comments from last night's debate?

I really hate the format of the "debates." Anyway, i thought these were the best "performances," in order.

Booker.
    Beto.
    Castro.
    Harris.
    Warren.

Bernie, Biden, Yang don't really belong there anymore. Bernie never did; mr i'm only a democrat when i need the party infrastructure for a general election..

Buttiegig and Klobuchar are hanging on by a thread.

Yang is getting a lot of twitter support, partially because it seems like the mainstream media keeps forgetting to add his name to things like polls and debate schedules, even though he's there. It does seem a bit fishy.

Beyond that, I do like the idea that we need to focus on automation taking away jobs, but not sure if giving everyone $1,000 a month is feasible..I believe that's trillions of dollars a year it adds up to (not sure if he meant for every american?)

I’m a sucker for outsiders, that used to be Bernie, but he is really too old. Will he really be alive for the next 4-8 yrs? Or mentally fit? I still respect him, but I’d rather have somebody younger. Warren or Mayor Pete should be able to carry on his torch now...

Based on that portion that I saw, I thought Booker had the best performance of them all combining message and body language... he not only just looks presidential, but could stare you down and kick ass!

Still my personal favorite now is Yang. Endorsed by Elon Musk, and yes, universal means all over 18. (Unless you’re already receiving govt benefits. Your unemployment or welfare check won’t be bumped up by another $1k)

Yeah, not so sure about how we can really finance $1k for everyone, Amazon, apple, google, Facebook will have to pay a lot of taxes..., but the idea is a good one... to narrow that gap between rich and poor. Too bad they never give the Asian dude lots of talk time during the debate, but the guy really sounds pretty sharp and has good ideas. Even if he’s not elected, he knows he’s a long shot and shouldn’t last this long, but the fact that he’s gone this far proves that he has started something. Just like Bernie started something 4 years ago...

Going back to the old established way just won’t work anymore. MAGA or MATH? (Make Americans think harder!) Future is in our hands.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 13th, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

Over 18 is still 3 trillion dollars....a year.

253,000,000 population

1,000 a month =

12 months

Anyway, there's a few basic things that could really boost the economy IMO.

Increase minimum wage based on COLA (Cost of living adjustment) per region (though this may have to be done by each state/city, that's the tricky part)

Forgive student loan debt. College costs have skyrocketed in the past few decades, unnecessarily as people can't get jobs with those educations anyway.

Substantially increase fees on stock trades to pay for infrastructure, education/teachers etc. The richest people all use the stock market, so let's get some of that money back by charging fees for the trade of stocks.

I would also make very clear if I was a presidential candidate like Beto is doing that there are NO plans to take guns away from people, however handguns and shotguns should be the limit of what is available and there should be high priced buybacks of semi-auto weapons.