Page 1379 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 3798791279132913691377137813791380138113891429147918792379 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Internet has vast amount of data,
    Yet I was able to get that information at a bar in two minutes, on my phone.

if you believe I’m ignorant or falsely interpreted info that I’ve learned, rather than continue to argue, I’d like to hear how you would propose we minimize racism?
    You're not interested in ending/ minimising racism. If you were you'd know that racism is not the same as bigotry. More to the point, if you were you'd listen rather than spout racist shit. And furthermore, if you were you'd do your own fucking research in 2019. When google is still free.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 15th, 2019 at 01:40 PM.

Not saying I can’t find stuff in vast amount of data. Just asking how we can draw conclusions based on all that data.

I know how to ask google, I’m asking you for your opinion regarding fight against racism.

Here's my opinion on that then; you can do better.

No shit!

You are already operating at maximum efficiency and can’t do any better? You da man! No wonder you don’t want to share your secrets and risk the rest of us copying you? Understood man. I’m just not worthy.

Btw, do you know what kind of -ist are you? Billist, right?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The California ban on straws? Noble in intent but ableist.
    I'd argue they actually did this right. As far as I know, straws are available upon request, not banned. I have yet to be at a restaurant in California where you can't get a straw if you just ask for it, and most of the time I'm in Santa Monica.

Anyway, Neanderthal, I personally find the following article about racism very agreeable, can you give some sort of comments about it? Since I agree with it... it must be all wrong?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ing-racism?amp

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, Neanderthal, I personally find the following article about racism very agreeable, can you give some sort of comments about it? Since I agree with it... it must be all wrong?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ing-racism?amp
    No. I read the title and closed the link.

It's not my job to change the racist. It's the racists job to change the racist.

I, and other black people, am sick and tired of doing the emotional labor for others.
    It's not the job of women to stop rape culture from being perpetuated. It's men's work. Just to give a corollary.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 15th, 2019 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd argue they actually did this right. As far as I know, straws are available upon request, not banned. I have yet to be at a restaurant in California where you can't get a straw if you just ask for it, and most of the time I'm in Santa Monica.
    Yeah.

I just wish they would have said paper cartons for milk and water, rather than straw ban. but either way, it's brought awareness of just how much one time use plastic utensils we use daily.

I no longer get a lid and straw if i'm at a fast food restaurant (my Honda dealer in Dallas is quite far from home and I sometimes go to Whataburger when i'm getting my bike serviced. I don't get fast food much, but, my bike was purchased early April with 1 mile, and now has 18XXX miles. I'm there a lot! I purchased a prepaid service contract with them and they're quite happy to do an oil change every 2k miles and a service every 4k miles. Me "OK, i'll see you once a month." They thought I was joking. I go there because they were the ones who were gullible enough to sell an unlimited milage service warranty for 3 years for $1900. And they're (service dept) open 6 days a week and open late.)

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    No. I read the title and closed the link.

It's not my job to change the racist. It's the racists job to change the racist.

I, and other black people, am sick and tired of doing the emotional labor for others.
    It's not the job of women to stop rape culture from being perpetuated. It's men's work. Just to give a corollary.
    I know it’s not your job, it’s not anyone’s job, but it’ll take some work from all of us to overcome racism.

Seriously, it’s a good read.

I skimmed it for you. In a nutshell it says the victims of racism should not respond with hate or anger. Instead, showing respect and love towards the racists oftentimes brings about profound changes in them.