Page 1383 of 1676 FirstFirst ... 38388312831333137313811382138313841385139314331483 ... LastLast
Results 13,821 to 13,830 of 16759

Thread: Politics

  1. #13821
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wow. Hope you let off some steam?

    Best way to oust this president is by voting in somebody better. You can keep on blaming me or other 3rd party voters if you want. I’ll just continue to blame the DNC for insisting on Hillary and not capitalizing or at least consolidating on sanders momentum.


    Third party voters ARE to blame. Our presidential general election isn't the place or time to assuage your fee fees. There are two candidates who have a good chance of winning. Choosing anyone else is folly.
    Oh, and it wasn't "the DNC" that insisted on Hillary; 4 million more people voted for her in the primary. That you're still saying that just shows how much propaganda you consumed.
    Yes. The Russians perpetuated the "bernie was cheated lie" in the immediate aftermath of the primary.

    Spoiler:
    Hillary wasn’t the better candidate because I’m not sure if she had any real core values. She’s just a more politically correct trump, would say or be whatever voters or lobbyists want. The only dem candidate like that now is probably Harris. Used to be your favorite, is she still is?


    Keep telling yourself that as children are put in cages, Puerto Rico, etc. Keep comforting yourself with that lie.

    Spoiler:
    The only possible way for dem to lose my vote again is to nominate Harris as their candidate. I think the likelihood of that should be low.


    So, assuming Kamala wins, you're saying you're quite willing to burn down this country in order to ... prove what exactly? That blackmail tactic won't work; we've already got Trump. Y'all petulant third party voters shot the hostage when you voted the way you did last time around. You can't blackmail us with more Trump, and that's why you'll find there's a metric fuckton of pushback to that "my candidate or Trump" attitude.
    Then y'all have the nerve to also whine about how the left is divided.
    Like I said earlier, introspection is not your strong suit.

    Spoiler:
    This time around, pretty much every candidate is a type of Bernie Sanders.


    Only one serious candidate is a grifter; Sanders. None are a type of Sanders.

    Spoiler:
    Btw, how many times do you really need to remind me google is free? Do you really believe that I don’t know that? Come on dude, come up with better and new insults at least.


    It's not an insult, it's a fact. You seem unable to research basic information. I'm bringing that fact into your conscience; It's 2019, and google is still free.

    Spoiler:
    Lastly, you really need to stop warping twist other people's words and actions. Do you know me? No you don't. You don't even believe I can google. After I googled and found a 'white' psychologist... you can immediately tell by the color of his skin that his words are wrong.


    No. Your reading comprehension is quite shit too. Clearly.

    Quote Originally Posted by me
    And that is the bullshit i was talking about; the victims doing the emotional labor of others. Why shouldn't I get angry? Why can't I get angry? Policing my emotions is just another form of supremacy.

    The title and lede said it all. I literally stopped reading right there.
    And of course billi thinks that's not quite what it says. And did you notice that he didn't seem open to that interpretation, preferring to hug his version that says "racist won't change so fuck it."

    But he's trying to talk to me through the other side of his forked tongue saying "how can we reduce/ eliminate racism?' just a few posts ago. I wasn't foold then, and i'm not fooled when he posts trash think pieces that don't do anything to actually change his world view, but reinforce it.
    I clearly read the title, and read the lede. I said so right there. My conclusions and decision to stop were based on that. It told me enough. You may choose to entertain your mind with drivel, but I don't. I won't.


    Spoiler:
    Dude, you are a black/thought supremacist! Anyone who doesn't fit your 'dogma' is just fucking wrong, right?


    Examples. Show your work

    Spoiler:
    Why are you afraid to compare 'dogmas' and may the best dogma win?


    Casting pearls before swine. You're on most peoples ignore list because you argue in bad faith. You use strawman/ red herring arguments, reducio ad absurdum, fallacies, etc.

    Spoiler:
    Let's move the discussion forward dude.

    Which candidate do you support and why?

    I support Yang. Why? Because I think he has a better plan for everything than Warren. Only draw back is that he lacks political experience, but not sure if that's a bad thing.

    Hope you'll be able to respond with why your candidate is better and not just continue to mouth off Yang and Billi and other white people who disagree with you.

    Hope we can have meaningful discussions.


    Kamala/ Castro. That's the ticket I want to see.

    Both appeal to me at a basic level. As do, to a lesser extent, Booker, and Beto.

    I'm not troubled by their pasts.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 19th, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #13822
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    I guess we are really polar opposites. Iím not interested in the past anymore... so Iím gonna move on.

    I donít like Harris because I just donít get what core message sheís delivering... other than attacking trump and Biden. Fine, they suck, but what makes you a better leader? She needs to clarify that.

    Iím beginning to dislike Castro for the same reason. Do you have anything better to say other than attacking Biden? He served under the same Obama admin!!! You might as well attack Obama too?!? If you want to repent your sins, fine, but do you really need to attack your former bosses for your own gain? Too negative for me.

    Of course other candidates attacked Biden too, but at least they have more plans or didnít serve under the Obama admin directly...

    Itís interesting how I dislike your candidates the most and you probably like Yang the least because heís now my favorite!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 19th, 2019 at 05:48 PM.

  3. #13823
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    "Attacking Biden?" It's called being vetted. Biden has an awful history. He can be made to account for it, and he's doing so poorly, making him less electable.

  4. #13824
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,454
    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Oh com’on you guys give me much stronger vibes!


    No doubt we do, but you asked saying it was a "little GTX poll". I have never taken a poll that immediately told me my answer was wrong.

    "How satisfied were you with your customer support experience, with 1 being not satisfied and 10 being completely satisfied?" *writes in 3* "I'll have you know that we have the finest customer support in the land and that by answering three you just show that you're mired in the past and where are your ideas to make our customer support better and don't you know that if you're not satisfied that'll just mean that Comcast will buy us out and then you'll be stuck with them and how will you like that?!?"
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 19th, 2019 at 06:34 PM.

  5. #13825
    Senior Member Leon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,407
    Ding ding ding.

  6. #13826
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    I only asked a general question, you claimed to feel the vibe that Iím telling you that you are wrong. ( I didnít)

    If youíre convinced that you made the right choice, you probably wonít feel such vibe.

    Seriously, election choices are never right or wrong or black or white. Of all people, even I know such nuances. Okay, trump is as close to being wrong as one can be, but I wouldnít call everyone who elected him wrong. Itís their right.

  7. #13827
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    "Attacking Biden?" It's called being vetted. Biden has an awful history. He can be made to account for it, and he's doing so poorly, making him less electable.
    Castro did to Biden what Neanderthal does to Billi. Donít take my words for it.

    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...h-plan-falls-/

  8. #13828
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5,454
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I only asked a general question, you claimed to feel the vibe that I’m telling you that you are wrong. ( I didn’t)

    If you’re convinced that you made the right choice, you probably won’t feel such vibe.

    Seriously, election choices are never right or wrong or black or white. Of all people, even I know such nuances. Okay, trump is as close to being wrong as one can be, but I wouldn’t call everyone who elected him wrong. It’s their right.


    You are straight up gaslighting at this point. You did not ask a general question. You literally said "I know which candidate I like, but just wondering which ones you guys like so that we can conduct our own little GTX poll here." That is the only reason I answered, because I have no desire to enter into a debate with you because I know how you debate and I have no interest in doing that again.

    FFS, own it. Don't dance around it like a Trump press secretary. BTW, I also don't have any interest in debating this either. I answered because I thought you were genuinely curious about how people stood. It's clear that that wasn't the motivation, and I have zero desire to subject myself or anyone else in this thread to any more of it.

  9. #13829
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Castro did to Biden what Neanderthal does to Billi. Don’t take my words for it.

    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...h-plan-falls-/


    You mean call him out on his bull shit?

    Quote Originally Posted by your link
    Biden did say at several points before Castro challenged him that enrollment would be automatic — essentially a formality.

    Biden said that "anyone who can't afford it gets automatically enrolled in the Medicare-type option we have."

    He also said, "If you want Medicare, if you lose the job from your insurance — from your employer — you automatically can buy into this. No pre-existing condition can stop you from buying in. You get covered, period."

  10. #13830
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    6,951
    Swervo, where did I say that youíre wrong? Read my general questions below along with my other comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Yes, after we studied them, which democratic candidate do you think is the most appealing to the trump supporters?

    Most capable of bridging the wealth gap?

    Iím not attacking warren, I donít mind if she ended up winning, I just think thereís a better man for the job.

    Also, my earlier comments was meant to remind liberals to not focus too much on partisan politics but attention should be paid to actually fixing Americaís trouble road ahead... thereís no time for status quo and partisan politics
    Not going to own what I didnít say.
    Whatever vibrations you picked up, whatever misunderstandings, Iíd be happy to clear it up. If you want to insist you know billi better than I know billi, I guess I canít stop you, just not going to own that version of billi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •