Page 1399 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3998991299134913891397139813991400140114091449149918992399 ... LastLast
Results 13,981 to 13,990 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Lesser of evils indeed, sadly. Scheer is a piece of shit.

Would rather vote NDP but in this particular election it's basically pointless.

Administrator
    I was kinda surprised that a guy accosted my wife and I in Vancouver over our using the bikeshare bikes, ranting that the world needs oil and that he lost a parking space. I'm not sure if he really thought he was going to win over two people on bikeshare bikes that he should have more parking, but it felt like a particularly American moment.

We have plenty of them here, too.

Administrator
    The Republican party has chosen not to allow people registered as unaffiliated/independent from voting in their primary here in CA. I'm unclear from the article how often that's happened in the past, and too lazy to go look that all up. FWIW, the Democratic, Libertarian, and the American Independent parties will allow unaffiliated voters to vote in their primaries.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...h-2020-primary
    Last edited by Tom Servo; October 21st, 2019 at 03:12 PM.

That's lame.

Florida's primaries are closed as well to independents like myself.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Social unrest in Argentina, Ecuador and Chile. Bolivians went to the ballots and Evo was elected for a fourth time in the first round (he got a 10+ points on his closest rival). Argentina's election is on Sunday. It seems the continent is turning left.
    acket.

I'm waiting for US senators to fly to some other countries with riots for a one-day visit to declare that they are turning into police states, there is no evidence of violence, and to declare that they stand in solidarity with the protesters.

Also for riots to break out in their own states to see what they'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    For sure people can be hypocrites.

What's happening in the West is caused by their own failed policies. Police violence may contain the situation temporarily, sooner or later, people up top either need to change or expect a revolution coming.

If China can managed to keep the economy growing and feeds most Chinese, the regime may continue to last for a while. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time another Hong Kong will rise up... or another dictator will rise up to take Xi's place. Chinese history has repeated for thousands of years.

When time comes for unhappy Americans to start another revolution, at least we don't need foreign assistance for arms.[/b]
    Spoiler:

Anyway, point is governments need to keep its people happy. Having the police or army beating up people without negotiating at all will always end up badly... whatever standards you apply.
    So either you're an imperialist (start "revolutions" in other countries, like, say Vietnam, etc) or ammosexual (the feds can come take my gun over my dead body.)

Either is a bad look. The first because, well it'd mean you're just a cunt. The second meaning you're not a law abiding gun carrier if you're forcuing the government to come and take it. If it's illegal turn it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    With the exception of Trump, I kinda like all of our cute little russian spy candidates so far! Especially Tulsi! Look at how cute she is!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I also like the stuffs that she said..., but if only her policies were totally inline with Andrew Yangs, I think she has my vote for sure!!! I think Andrew's charisma is lacking a bit compared to Tulsi's... can't quite put my finger on it... but Tulsi has a much more seasoned stage presence than Andrew...

Anyway, post Iowa debate, I'm kinda surprised Mayor Pete's #s surged and all former frontrunners slipped... it's gonna be interesting which russian spy wins.
    This explains a lot. The fact that you're "siding" with a Russian agent, a Russian "useful idiot" out to undermine our democracy, our economy, our way of life, it says a lot.

It explains so much, ... you have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    China accuses West of double standards over Hong Kong protests

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...-kong-protests
    The west rarely acknowledges its sins. Glad to see China calling them out on the bullshittery emanating from the west.