Page 1422 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4229221322137214121420142114221423142414321472152219222422 ... LastLast
Results 14,211 to 14,220 of 24780

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Don't know why everyone's panicking about a white supremacist fascist signing an executive order calling Jews foreigners.
    https://twitter.com/sadmonsters/stat...99243543056384

Let’s be honest, it took longer than we all thought it would to get to “government order defining what a Jew is”
    https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1204592910420701184

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/10/u...ive-order.html
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 10th, 2019 at 08:47 PM.

I really don't give a Trump about Trump anymore. Impeach him, laugh at him... Tweeting BS... signing BS orders... whatever.

I'm just happy Andrew Yang Qualified for the next debate!!!

One thing I hate about Andrew Yang is that I constantly receive his emails asking for more money... I'm not made of money you know Andrew! I gave you my last $25! Now go kick Trump's ass! Prior to that, destroy the democratic establishment and bring the party back to the people!

[edit] It's kinda ironic that Andrew Yang barely made it onto the debate stage on the same day that a robo-semi truck successfully drove autonomously from coast to coast... https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/s...cross-country/
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 11th, 2019 at 01:55 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    How much damage this one man caused to our system of justice.
    2006-12

+95 % rise on the national homicide rate,
    laid off 57% of field personel from the General Attorney's office*,
    budget allocated to his office grew 4X from USD 456M to 2,111M (and it still had USD130M worth of debt when it was terminated this year).

* they were working for criminal organizations, obviously!
    acket.

Now we know how much damage...

But do we now know who are the ones doing damage on the US side yet?

What do you mean? in what context?

If you are referring to drug trade, most analyst think that contraband tends to be unofficially regulated by state agents, even in small or developing nations. Think of the British Empire and the Opium Wars, the Taliban and poppy production or the alleged CIA-Crack epidemic nexus. With that in mind, I think the U.S. as a national State has control over that industry, as you never hear of Druglord figures like Chapo Guzman or corruption in high levels of government; it's not that there are no druglords or corruption, it means that the cogs of the system are able to process them without damage to the other State functions, unlike in Mexico, for example. Take the case of HSBC-USA, the bak was fined over laundering drug money and business went uninterrumpted, the drug-trade causes no system-level damage.

Threats to the U.S, National system are elsewhere. If I were to point somewhere, I'd say that fighting of wars for profit is the big one. The externalities are huge, there are social costs associated with mobilizing so many able-bodied young people to (basically) subsidize the fossil fuel industry, and the level of funding that have to be diverted from other national services in order to pay for such a big military force are crippling domestic investments.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; December 12th, 2019 at 07:22 AM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Thompson View Post
    ProPublica has learned that Mexico's former security minister, Genaro Garcia Luna, has been indicted on corruption charges in NY and arrested in Grapevine, Tx. Source says Garcia Luna had "all kinds of pictures with US officials in his unassuming one bedroom."
    In your original post, you quoted this... so I was just wondering which US officials were caught. I couldn't find any info after a quick google. Maybe Neanderthal can help me search better...

Anyway, for sure it can't just be the folks on Mexico side making all the money. Especially now that this dude is living in the US. There must be Americans working with or for him...

No US officials have been arrested in connection with GL, AFAIK.

Meybe he just had an altar of his lay saints. I mean, what is known about it is that he was decorated by the DEA as late as 2012, then he became a big player in real estate in Miami; investigations only latched onto him as soon as he applied for naturalization.
    acket.

Andrew Scheer is resigning as the leader of the Canadian conservative party. Apparently, he used party money to pay for his kids’ schools.

He pigged out. Why politicians do that with taxpayer dollars, when they already earn a significant salary, is beyond me. It’s human nature I guess.

It is not human nature to be a swindler.