Page 1423 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4239231323137314131421142214231424142514331473152319232423 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,230 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Party money isn't taxpayer money, right?

Anyway, there was news that the Union leaders were living it large with union money all the while GM workers were on strike living on couple of hundred bucks/week.

Concentration of power and wealth really need to be avoided due to human nature I guess... even if you started off with good intentions. Too much power and money often end up turning us into swindlers.

I really think thus far, only Bernie Sanders is most like Frodo... to be able to resist the power of the ring... and hopefully defeat Sauron!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 12th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    It is not human nature to be a swindler.
    I meant it’s human nature to be greedy when you have access to free money.

I meant not all humans are greedy.

Trudeau Trudeau, Cam.

Anyone else catch the marathon debate session yesterday? 14 hours of both sides repeating the same arguments over and over and over. It was fascinating for the most part, but became mind-numbing by the end. Not sure why Nadler pushed the final vote till today, it could’ve been taken care of last night. The loudmouth Republican next to him was pissed. Someone else shouted out “kangaroo court” and “Stalin-esque”. Kinda funny.

But I have to wonder what the point of it all really is, if everyone and their mother already knows the senate will 100% acquit Trump no matter what. Why waste so much time and money? You’ve already lived with Trump and his antics for three years, what’s another year? Let the voters decide next November instead of an impeachment that will clearly fall short of the desired removal from office.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Does the worst result for Labour since before WW2 coupled with the overwhelming mandate for SNP mean that our children will not see a united British isles?
    acket.

I don't know, when the choice is between a liar and a communist...

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Trudeau Trudeau, Cam.
    WTF does that mean?

RIP British Healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Trudeau Trudeau, Cam.

Anyone else catch the marathon debate session yesterday? 14 hours of both sides repeating the same arguments over and over and over. It was fascinating for the most part, but became mind-numbing by the end. Not sure why Nadler pushed the final vote till today, it could’ve been taken care of last night. The loudmouth Republican next to him was pissed. Someone else shouted out “kangaroo court” and “Stalin-esque”. Kinda funny.

But I have to wonder what the point of it all really is, if everyone and their mother already knows the senate will 100% acquit Trump no matter what. Why waste so much time and money? You’ve already lived with Trump and his antics for three years, what’s another year? Let the voters decide next November instead of an impeachment that will clearly fall short of the desired removal from office.

His crimes have to brought to light. The vote already told us who is basically co- conspiring, by failing to uphold their duty.
    And if the senators don't vote to impeach him, they can ousted in the same election you mention.

I hope November 2020 is a bloodbath for Republicans.

As Andrew Yang pointed out, every time we focus on Trump, whether it's grabbing pussies or impeaching him, we're giving him the attention he needs to win.

Any reasonable human being should know Trump needs to go, but any reasonable human being should also know that Congress doesn't have what it needs to remove Trump.

We really should be turning the attention of american voters on another more promising candidate to replace Trump and save the taxpayers some money. But I guess congressmen salaries are cheap... considering that they don't do much any way... plus considering the money we wasted in Afghanistan, impeachment cost is probably nothing. Still, the marathon hearings probably contributed to the heart issue of Ted Lieu. We really shouldn't be working our congressmen to death like this.

Makes one wonder why our fat and fast food loving orangutan never suffer a major heart attack and just kick he bucket? Could've saved us a lot of money and time...