Page 1461 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 4619611361141114511459146014611462146314711511156119612461 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,610 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    My idea on term limits:

11 years max with 2 year voting cycles. That way there is always an overlap of term with the 4 year presidential cycle, and there will almost always be some election in play. In the hopes that it will A: stir things up/keep fresh people around; B: by keeping an election for Congress person/senator nearly always active for someone in the country, you're keeping the discussion going. Senator from Nebraska being a douche? Perfect, their term ends next year, vote someone else in.

Sure, it may be chaotic, no more than the current system that's essentially "for life".

Oh, and fuck Mitch McConnell.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    That's noble, but a bit simplistic and ableist. What if someone is handicapped and can't labor?
    Don't worry, by being Emperor of the universe I can also make exceptionalism and whataboutism punishable offences.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    With all of these individual streaming services, we're practically getting A la carte without Cable companies soon, but it's a bit more expensive than I want to pay for each.
    Practically, but as far as I can tell I either have to subscribe to *every* *single* *channel* my cable provider has if I want to watch the channel with MotoGP, or else I have to pay $155 just to watch that one single sport online.

"Many Warren advisors and allies think the Sanders camp has long tolerated public attacks on her from his surrogates, and believe he is not running in divisive and in some cases sexist attacks against her."

Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Practically, but as far as I can tell I either have to subscribe to *every* *single* *channel* my cable provider has if I want to watch the channel with MotoGP, or else I have to pay $155 just to watch that one single sport online.

Fuck Trump. Fuck his voters. And fuck cable companies.
    I went from Time Warner to DirecTV to cutting the cord.

I pay for HBO, Amazon prime and Netflix now.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I mostly agree. You missed a crucial one though (IMO)- eliminate the social security cap. And a minor one; legalise weed.

Now this is how I prioritise it.

Edit Make Puerto Rico a state Make the District of Columbia a State.
    Cut Military spending. That frees up money in the budget.
    Tax stock trades as suggested.
    Tax ALL INCOME. Why should a wealthy person with multiple income streams be exempt from taxes on some of them. The tax needn't be that high (you want to encourage investment and entrepreneurship), but it needs to be taxed. That adds money to the budget as well.
    Completely eliminate the SS income cap. This shores up the SS fund.
    Increase taxes on companies where the pay disparity between the highest paid and lowest paid is more than 10X. Again money trickles into the budget, or workers have more disposable income.
    Legalise weed. Free/cut the sentences of anybody in jail because of it. Tax the fuck out of it and research the fuck out of it too. I use a CBD ointment on my back that works wonders.
    Pay incarcerated workers no less than the minimum wage. That's on the companies who source their labour from that pool of workers.

So far we've theoretically brought money into the budget. The spending part is tricky. You want to spend in a way that reaps rewards immediately and down the road.

Pay teachers more. Teaching should be an aspiration and a surefire way to climb up the economic ladder.
    Free daycare. This puts money in household budgets and time. Now you can pursue that extra accreditation to get that promotion.
    Make state college and vocational training for 4 years free. If you finish in three you get one more year free, etc. If you go private school the difference in expense is on you. Free education and state college in jails too.
    Environmental tech. Battery back ups in every home. Solar panels, wind turbines, geothermal, etc where applicable. Kinda goes hand in hand with ...
    Infrastructure spending. There's too many ways to attack this, I won't bother putting it all here. This is just the order I would do things.
    Justice system restructuring/ retraining. This doesn't really go in the back, but in the section with education.

Healthcare is the 800lb gorilla in the room. It won't be instant. Maybe a phasing in of everybody into Medicare and a gradual phasing out of private insurance? Start by lowering the age requirement. And increasing the wage level at which you qualify. Sum like dat. I'd let experts on healthcare like Charles Gabba (sp) run it.
    I agree with almost all of this. The main thing we need it to do is to fix the system, IMO. How many are just sitting on Mitch McConnel's desk right now? Add Ranked Choice voting. And get money out of politics. And hopefully most of the rest will sort itself out when the greed is gone.
    Clean energy needs to happen now. And oil companies need to help pay for it. They've been not only hiding it, but are still getting subsidies. That's fucking ridiculous.

If Democrats get all branches, no more tip-toeing around, they need to be bold and act fast. It's obvious that the other side isn't even going to try to negotiate.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    I agree with almost all of this. The main thing we need it to do is to fix the system, IMO. How many are just sitting on Mitch McConnel's desk right now? Add Ranked Choice voting. And get money out of politics. And hopefully most of the rest will sort itself out when the greed is gone.
    Clean energy needs to happen now. And oil companies need to help pay for it. They've been not only hiding it, but are still getting subsidies. That's fucking ridiculous.

If Democrats get all branches, no more tip-toeing around, they need to be bold and act fast. It's obvious that the other side isn't even going to try to negotiate.
    Yup.

Republicans will do all they can to stop/ block/ encumber anything and everything.

We've got to ramrod everything through. Even if it's only half fleshed out. Fix it down the road.

But ... there isn't a consensus "10 things we will do on day one" plan in place.

Sigh.

Sanders is scummy. The people who work for him are scummy as well.

Oh, and fuck Trump.

Bernie, rightfully asked if we should worry about his health (he DID just have a heart attack) completely clusterfucks his response to imply being gay or a woman is some sort of similar impediment.

almoverface

Yeah, after completing Swervo's policy platform test, I've discovered that Bernie Sanders is actually my least favorite candidate! He is also kinda old too... and Warren is a bit too girly, and Mayor Pete is a bit too gay, and Biden is also too old and too experienced in swimming in the swamp...

So this guy is our only hope:

Then again, maybe this guy is too asian.