Page 1475 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 475975137514251465147314741475147614771485152515751975 ... LastLast
Results 14,741 to 14,750 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There's no checks and balances left for Trump, he can now do whatever he wants with barely any oversight. He basically owns the Senate and the Supreme Court. He can call on the military to remove any brown people he wants, he can make hit jobs like Putin on his political enemies and who is going to put him in check?

He's already talked about being a President for life and he never jokes about things...dude never laughs, you think he jokes when he says shit? He will try his hardest to manipulate the election or just claim that it's all rigged and not leave.

Ivanka Trump just got a deal with the Chinese for...VOTING MACHINES!!!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yeah, worst part of his government is the patrimonialism approach. You know, the total opposite of "We the people".
    acket.

I kinda doubt he can own the senate for long. Dems taking over the house is sufficient proof that most voters don’t want a king like him. I doubt dems won the house on merit. They didn’t do anything awesome to win the house, the won because push backs at trump. Of course Supreme Court is leaning right but there’s no reason to believe that they will cave to Trump on everything.

As for war powers... that kind of power was bestowed upon presidents by congress prior. Trump wasn’t specially given that power. Yes, there were lots of close calls but knock on wood, no new wars yet! That is about the one and only thing I like about Trump! I would prefer W assassinate Hussein over declaring bogus was on Iraq any time.

Now, will he refuse to leave the WH upon losing an election? If it’s gonna be a close election loss like Al Gore, I can see trouble brewing... but otherwise, I can’t believe he will be able to stay in the WH with congressional, Supreme Court and even military support.

Surely we’ll have a civil war before he becomes king. Americans are armed remember? Those crazy gun owners will fully embrace king trump? I kinda doubt it.

We suffered a political loss with W, but we bounced back with Obama. We will bounce back again.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 31st, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

We still have gerrymandering, hackable voting machines and an electoral college that favors the GOP....a looong way to fight for a fair and free election.

However, if we get enough of people who don't normally vote out there, we can definitely turn the tide on this as most people are not crazed right-wing loons

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    I kinda doubt he can own the senate for long. Dems taking over the house is sufficient proof that most voters don’t want a king like him. I doubt dems won the house on merit. They didn’t do anything awesome to win the house, the won because push backs at trump. Of course Supreme Court is leaning right but there’s no reason to believe that they will cave to Trump on everything.

As for war powers... that kind of power was bestowed upon presidents by congress prior. Trump wasn’t specially given that power. Yes, there were lots of close calls but knock on wood, no new wars yet! That is about the one and only thing I like about Trump! I would prefer W assassinate Hussein over declaring bogus was on Iraq any time.

Now, will he refuse to leave the WH upon losing an election? If it’s gonna be a close election loss like Al Gore, I can see trouble brewing... but otherwise, I can’t believe he will be able to stay in the WH with congressional, Supreme Court and even military support.

Surely we’ll have a civil war before he becomes king. Americans are armed remember? Those crazy gun owners will fully embrace king trump? I kinda doubt it.

We suffered a political loss with W, but we bounced back with Obama. We will bounce back again.
    This just shows you don't understand how the congress and Senate are elected. Which explains a lot.

And it's 20 bloody 20 and google is still free.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    We still have gerrymandering, hackable voting machines and an electoral college that favors the GOP....a looong way to fight for a fair and free election.

However, if we get enough of people who don't normally vote out there, we can definitely turn the tide on this as most people are not crazed right-wing loons
    A black man turned that tide once. It proved that most Americans judge people not by skin color anymore.

Of course hopefully after 3 years, some people have realized it’s also important to judge people by the content of their character too!

But of course dems also need to come up with an inspiring candidate too. I think another corporate centrist nominee will most likely return the WH back to Trump.

final vote won't come until Wednesday or Thursday....AFTER Trump has to deliver the State of the Union speech...that's gonna be awkward

DNC turned down bookers appeal for a rule change, but bent over backwards to change rules so that Bloomberg could now qualify for the next debate...

I originally promised myself that I would support the eventual nominee this time around, but if we end up with Bloomberg vs Trump, I’ll vote 3rd party again... or write down Andrew Yang....

so Billi is throwing his vote away again....let me put on my shocked face

Neanderthal is going to do it if Bernie wins, so it’s not just me!

Seriously though, do you really believe we should use a billionaire to fight against another billionaire? Well we’re assuming trump is really a billionaire, I kinda doubt that.

DNC needs to learn to return to the people for its namesake... otherwise might as well rename to plutocrats.