Page 1476 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 476976137614261466147414751476147714781486152615761976 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,760 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    yes, there's literally about 10 people right now who I think would be as bad or worse than Trump in office...practically ANYONE else would be an improvement.

Just the number of corrupt people who have worked with Trump and realized just how stupid/insane he is and are turning against him because he's gone too far...there's a lot of them.

Anyway, trumps needs to be gone one way or another, but DNC really isn’t helping...

Having another New Yorker billionaire in the WH probably lead our nation down another wrong path...

Please God, if not Andrew, at least let it be Bernie... or just anybody else besides billionaires!!!!

Bernie's not first in Iowa and won't be a factor in S Carolina. There is no path forward that sees him winning.

And dudes been campaigning for four years!

There have been various bombs planted on public transport and in a hospital in HK.

Of course, the has been next to no reporting of this by international media.

Wtf?!? Why?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    There have been various bombs planted on public transport and in a hospital in HK.

Of course, the has been next to no reporting of this by international media.
    Has anybody taken responsibility?
    acket.

The 'rioters' because HK govt refused to close down its borders.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...tion-suspended

I've heard of the news of nurses planning on going on strike if they don't close the border, but Carrie Lam refused to completely shut down HK's borders. This bomb threat is news to me until YW mentioned it.

Anyway, it's clear that using bombs is way overboard, but I'm just glad that Taiwan has elected a president who's not pro-Beijing like Carrie Lam.

There are lockdowns within China, I don't understand why Lam can't lock HK down to give HK people a sense of security against this virus. If the medical professionals now go on strike, it'll make them look unprofessional, but can you really blame them? Right now I think it should be clear why there are 'rioters' in HK.

I have to admit they shouldn't cause violence, but when protesters protest on for this long and end up with little results, I'd probably end up resorting to violence too. I'd like to believe I can be as good as Martin Luther King or Ghandi-like peaceful, but I'm probably not.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 2nd, 2020 at 08:31 AM.

https://www.ft.com/content/5636f828-...2-000f4477fbca

Radical pro-democracy, Real IRA, UK, China.
    It doesn't add up.

Can’t read financial times without paying...

Anyway, I do want to point out that most HK protesters are peaceful. Just a few bad apples shouldn’t nullify their cause...

Plus, entire China is under lockdown, why must HK insist on partial lockdown, unwilling to listen to the will of the people and not even their own health professionals?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Has anybody taken responsibility?
    Yes, some accounts on Telegram channels popular with the protest movement have claimed that they were the start of an "anti-epidemic" protest.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; February 2nd, 2020 at 03:52 PM.