Page 1480 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 480980138014301470147814791480148114821490153015801980 ... LastLast
Results 14,791 to 14,800 of 21863

Thread: Politics

Biden hurts Biden, I don’t think the impeachment has really had an impact. When it comes down to it, he’s riding name recognition, and that’s about it. His policies aren’t too dissimilar from Buttigieg and Klobachar, yet the latter two are better at getting their message across clearly. I’m not some anti Biden zealot, I like the guy on a personal level, I don’t agree with all of his policies, but they are better than Trump’s... but he simply can’t stop putting his foot in his mouth. He’s basically the GWB of the Democratic Party right now, and a lot of left leaning folks aren’t really into that.

That being said, Iowa is one state, and he’ll likely perform very very well in South Carolina, so the hot takes will make a big swing there.

I just want it to be over with, the Democratic Party is too busy tearing itself apart, much to the delight of Trump and company. Bitching about relatively small differences in policy and demeanor while ignoring an authoritarian in training is dangerous.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think the problem with the Dems is the same as 2016...Hubris. They think that they can fight among themselves as much as they want because whoever comes out on top would still beat Trump, but that's not a great position.

Honestly none of the candidates inspire me as a "leader" the same way as Obama did, even if it was more inspiration than substance. Whoever gets the nomination REALLY needs to help get the rest of the races for house and senate seats to join as well, or else we'll end up with another Obama situation.

While I would never want to be president myself (in this environment) I really wish I could run myself.... to show the voters what a strong campaign really looks like with heavily defined goals and "roadmaps" of how to achieve them. I could do it....with enough funding and proper implementation.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

I think Warren and Buttigieg are the best candidates in terms of being “Presidential”. Sanders is too much of an “old man yells at sky”, and Biden is kind of a bumbler. That’s why my ideal candidate is Warren, since she’s both Presidential and has policies I largely agree with.

Not sure if “Presidential” matters much in the general election though. Hillary, while not inspirational, was fantastically “Presidential”, but in the end it didn’t really matter, because Trump brings everyone down to his level when it comes to discourse.

Since American people love reality TV star so much, maybe we should just do away with these primaries... and just do a presidential survivor debate show on TV! Yes, after every debate, each of them get to vote somebody off the show... or vote somebody in the show... whatever works best. Point is the lousier unpopular candidate gets eliminated after each round!

Just let the candidates battle it out themselves. No voter/russian interference whatsoever! And the entire process is transparent to all.

During the show, candidates will also have to problem solve... with detail plans of how to pay for medicare for all... or why they think it won't work... and then independent panel of judges can score their plans...

Only requirement for MR2 to participate in this game is that he'll have to provide a birth certificate, fully disclose his tax returns and sign a conflict of interest agreement... such that he and his immediately family members are not on the board or executive level at major corporations and they will immediately sell all of their stocks and real estate investments upon swearing into office and will never be allowed to own stocks and real estate investments again. Of course US government will take good care of ex-presidents after their service. After public office, you'll likely never be a billionaire again, but you'll never be homeless either.

Point is to make sure candidates have pure motives. If you have billions at stake and don't want to give them up... then don't run.

Maybe voters could still participate when there are only 2 or 3 candidates left standing...

And imagine, rather than spending all that money campaigning, this political survivor show could actually make money to help pay for the deficit.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2020 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think Warren and Buttigieg are the best candidates in terms of being “Presidential”. Sanders is too much of an “old man yells at sky”, and Biden is kind of a bumbler. That’s why my ideal candidate is Warren, since she’s both Presidential and has policies I largely agree with.

Not sure if “Presidential” matters much in the general election though. Hillary, while not inspirational, was fantastically “Presidential”, but in the end it didn’t really matter, because Trump brings everyone down to his level when it comes to discourse.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said... except that I think Trump will be able to tear Pocahontas into pieces in general election. As for Pete, I thought Warren has already torn Pete into pieces after the wine cave incident, but apparently plenty of plutocrats don't care about that.

Anyway, I pretty much came up with similar conclusion that's why I ended up going Andrew Yang, but I think even he isn't presidential enough.

To be honest, Bloomberg is.

However, if it's really going to come down between a plutocrat vs a replutorican, I'll just stay home and watch TV. Not worth my time to vote for either one.

Wealth gap should continue to widen... black lives will continue to not matter regardless of who's in charge... and my hope is that we can finally have a viable 3rd party who's more focused on the average americans.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So here's a coin toss for a delegate in Iowa....the most suspicious coin toss I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1224736815275315200
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

I don't think anyone there was suspecting anything... apparently they all knew the coin is going to pick Mayor Pete!

Yes, show your discontent in a "creative" and "inspiring" way by blowing up a disabled toilet!!! Billi loves this stuff!!
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; February 4th, 2020 at 04:56 PM.

Dude, donít be like Neanderthal and stuff words in my mouth. I donít approve of bombs, but I can understand why some might be frustrated enough to do that after such a long drawn out protest when Carrie Lam seems to care more about China than people of HK.

Your nurses and medical professionals are going on strikes to pressure Lam for a complete border shut down against WHO recommendations. Theyíre so silly, moronic and unprofessional, huh?

Show some understanding please.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 4th, 2020 at 05:25 PM.

Presidential medal of freedom for a hate monger.