Page 1499 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 499999139914491489149714981499150015011509154915991999 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 14,990 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Soooo, we’re still not going to talk about Trump normalizing racism and hate speech among kids, and the damage that’s going to do for generations?

Cool.
    No. Not cool.

This is what Trump had done: he's normalised abhorrent behaviour and lowered our standards of decency. This is the new normal.

In the days immediately after the election (maybe it was inauguration) I wrote a post about the experiences of a family member at college.

I have not forgotten. It's why I fight name and shame the dividers. Getting rid of Trump is/ should be our, collective, paramount goal.

But, we mustn't focus on that to the exclusion of Senate seats, house seats, governorships, local and state seats.

This is where i fear the divisions will get us: we win the white house but don't take back state legislatures, or worse, the Senate.

My methods are not the best methods. There are no best methods for doing what I'm doing: I'm trying to call out the sowers of division, and the are those who say just doing that is divisive. How then, do we? Because, to me, there isn't time to be gentle and caring in this mission. The need, the depravity, is too great. There's kids in cages for fuxsakes! We need immediate collective action and cause.

Then again, we are the country that has NOT reckoned with our own abhorrent past.

And there are those who will sit out the election if their pet cause/ politician isn't on the ballot, because it's consequences won't harm them. I can't coddle their feelings.

Fuck Trump. Fuck the GOP. Fuck their supporters.

[Edit] and fuck dividers like Bernie Sanders, Cenk, Bloomberg, et al

It's kind funny that the looney progressive left believe in conspiracy theories of establishment democrats use the mainstream media, rigged primary processes to deny the progressive candidates namely Bernie, Andrew and Tulsi.

It's even funnier when there are actually democrats who believe the progressives have enough power to influence the democratic primary process unfairly. If grass root support is bad, maybe it's time for the establishment to mow the lawn and make the grass even shorter and shut them up. Nobody really like these Russian assets anyway. Stop it with the opened primary and just kick them independents out. It's quite a simple solution really. Please don't pretend to be such an opened and diverse party when you are actually not. If you truly want to embrace openness and diversity, you need to embrace these progressive candidates. Then there'd be no need for those stupid Bernie Bros.

BTW, please also note that the DNC held its ground when it comes to debate rules earlier on... even when all other candidates signed a petition to alter rules a bit to allow for Booker to be on the debate stage.

And then when a rich white dude comes along... all of a sudden without any petitions, DNC decided to bend over backwards for Bloomberg.

Isn't it obvious? White rich lives matter more.

I think key to Obama's success was that he didn't really play any race cards and was still able to out perform the other white woman candidate.

I'm not really sure why Booker's bid failed so badly... I don't recall anybody attacking him nor did he attack anybody else like Kamala and Julian did. He also had lots of speaking time during debates. I think the only reason he dropped out was that he just didn't have enough grass root support... and he didn't have enough establishment support. Establishment money were used to bet on Biden and Pete. Had Booker held on like Amy did, maybe he could pull a surprise performance too? But since Biden needed black votes, it probably wasn't a good idea to keep him in the race... So, sorry Booker!

Anyway, I think one thing I'm glad to see is that I think liberals are now starting to dislike all the woke, cancel culture, identity politics. It was fine when Kamala used 'busing' to kick Biden's ass once. But when it becomes clear that's all Kamala has, without anything substantive, people got turned off by her. Likewise with Julian. He served with Biden in the Obama admin. What right does he have to be critical of Biden? Why not just emphasize on what you are planning to bring on the table? My guess is that Warren's demise was caused by the same thing. Trying to paint Bernie as a sexist and a liar. She should've just focus on her plans and beat Bernie with her better plans.

It's not all Bernie bros' fault. Voters are not stupid. As far as I know, Bernie never attacked his democratic 'friends' like that. He'd only debate on substance. Blaming Bernie because of Bernie Bro is like blaming Jesus Christ because of stupid Christians.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 14th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Dixon
    The year is 2020, and actual Nazis have been marching in the streets.

Who do you want leading the fight? A bunch of fragile whiners who can't handle a mean tweet or a Progressive Army of roughnecks who'll not only win the election but will get in the streets if we have to?
    ##
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's kind funny that the looney progressive left believe in conspiracy theories of establishment democrats use the mainstream media, rigged primary processes to deny the progressive candidates namely Bernie, Andrew and Tulsi.

It's even funnier when there are actually democrats who believe the progressives have enough power to influence the democratic primary process unfairly. If grass root support is bad, maybe it's time for the establishment to mow the lawn and make the grass even shorter and shut them up. Nobody really like these Russian assets anyway. Stop it with the opened primary and just kick them independents out. It's quite a simple solution really. Please don't pretend to be such an opened and diverse party when you are actually not. If you truly want to embrace openness and diversity, you need to embrace these progressive candidates. Then there'd be no need for those stupid Bernie Bros.

BTW, please also note that the DNC held its ground when it comes to debate rules earlier on... even when all other candidates signed a petition to alter rules a bit to allow for Booker to be on the debate stage.

And then when a rich white dude comes along... all of a sudden without any petitions, DNC decided to bend over backwards for Bloomberg.

Isn't it obvious? White rich lives matter more.

I think key to Obama's success was that he didn't really play any race cards and was still able to out perform the other white woman candidate.

I'm not really sure why Booker's bid failed so badly... I don't recall anybody attacking him nor did he attack anybody else like Kamala and Julian did. He also had lots of speaking time during debates. I think the only reason he dropped out was that he just didn't have enough grass root support... and he didn't have enough establishment support. Establishment money were used to bet on Biden and Pete. Had Booker held on like Amy did, maybe he could pull a surprise performance too? But since Biden needed black votes, it probably wasn't a good idea to keep him in the race... So, sorry Booker!

Anyway, I think one thing I'm glad to see is that I think liberals are now starting to dislike all the woke, cancel culture, identity politics. It was fine when Kamala used 'busing' to kick Biden's ass once. But when it becomes clear that's all Kamala has, without anything substantive, people got turned off by her. Likewise with Julian. He served with Biden in the Obama admin. What right does he have to be critical of Biden? Why not just emphasize on what you are planning to bring on the table? My guess is that Warren's demise was caused by the same thing. Trying to paint Bernie as a sexist and a liar. She should've just focus on her plans and beat Bernie with her better plans.

It's not all Bernie bros' fault. Voters are not stupid. As far as I know, Bernie never attacked his democratic 'friends' like that. He'd only debate on substance. Blaming Bernie because of Bernie Bro is like blaming Jesus Christ because of stupid Christians.
    bold. billi stays ignorant and indulges in it like a pig in a mudbath. I bet he never actually went to Kamala, Booker or Castro's websites and read their platforms. Or Hillary's. That plays to type. It makes it easy to regurgitate lies and mischaracterisations.

I like how he says we need to be nice to people hijacking our party. No. We don't.

It is all the bros' fault. The third party voters. The "i'll vote for trump as a joke" ... progressives. The i'll write in the name of a dead gorilla ... progressives. The "i'll propagate false information about Hillary throughout out the election complain about the establishment, do everything I can to prevent her being elected, then complain about the Democratic party's inefficacy, but never criticise President Voldemort and his minions" ... progressives. With allies like these you get your friendly weekly backstabbing while you're busy trying to undo orange Cheetolini and the trumpanzees. No, we don't need allies like these.

Oh, and stupid hypocritical christians are literally the reason I don't go to church.
    Last edited by neanderthal; February 14th, 2020 at 10:24 AM.

And fuck Trump and his supporters.

Best Coast Represent!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles Times, Feb-14
    To anyone aggrieved when barbarians run roughshod over the law, the smackdown of the prosecutors in the Stone case rings like a death knell for an independent Department of Justice. It confirmed Barr as nothing but a butler to the squalling Trump, adding to his cover-up of the true contents of the Mueller report, which, guess what, did not exonerate the president.
    Quote Originally Posted by La Opinion, Feb-4
    Damage is, finally, done. And it is a harm that goes beyond legalities, it has surpassed all limits of political behavior, this will surely have repercussions in the social sphere [...] As the Bible-tweeting Republican Senator from Florida, Marco Rubio, cynically said about the process against Trump: "Just because (Trump's) actions fullfill the standards of repossession, it doesn't mean that it is in the nation's best interest to remove the President". That is, Trump's actions merit his removal as the Constitution foresees it, but it won't be done because it doesn't suit the coward politicians who do not want to face the hosts supporting their chieftain.
    acket.

Last edited by FaultyMario; February 14th, 2020 at 10:37 AM.
    acket.

This chart makes me feel good... to see Bloomberg rated so poorly amongst other candidates...

However, I have to question how true this chart is though... because it's showing Mayor Pete not doing very well against other candidates too.

Reality is that he is currently leading the field...

So not sure if these surveys can be trusted... or perhaps elections are just rigged or hacked somehow?

Mayo Pete is pretending to lead the field in unrepresentative Midwestern states.
    acket.

Administrator
    There's still plenty of true believers, but I'm heartened by the number of QAnon folks I'm seeing that are suddenly starting to question whether it's all bullshit after the DOJ has decided against pursuing charges against Andrew McCabe. He was one of their big targets.