Page 1517 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 5171017141714671507151515161517151815191527156716172017 ... LastLast
Results 15,161 to 15,170 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Eh, same shit would have happened with Warren. The Clinton/Obama primary was downright nasty. Shit, 2016’s Republican primary was a fucking mess. I’m just disappointed that we’re going down the same road instead of keeping a unified message throughout.
    I don't know. I find Warren progressives to be slightly different sort that the unhinged lunatics of the Bernie sort. They're more affable, more reasonable, able to agree to disagree, quite willing to argue the merits, admit their candidate is flawed (none isn't,) can see the merits of the moderate cause, even if that is not their bent. We part amiably after discourse, hoping the best for each other and their candidate. This is true of males and females.

That's not how my interactions have been with Berners. This is true of males and females.

But, I suppose my interactions with the various supporters of the various candidate don't represent ALL of them. But my god do the Berners fit the stereotype!

---

I'm an Obama Democrat. And i'm happy to be called a Clinton Democrat (they got shit done!) Even with the rancour of the 2008 primary I think their respective supporters shook hands and marched behind the eventual nominee. And I think the Obama Democrats lined up behind Clinton in 2008.
    Last edited by neanderthal; February 27th, 2020 at 05:19 AM.

There were an unfortunate amount of Obama/Trump supporters, and I don’t fully understand how that happened. I’m guessing purple state moderates who flip back and forth every 4 to 8 years, because every President is the worst President ever

I wish I had the link that showed the letter Bernie wrote to a gun shop owner way back. Clearly he's been equivocating on the issue to appease the current mood. The consumate politician in that regard.

There were an unfortunate amount of Obama/Trump supporters, and I don’t fully understand how that happened. I’m guessing purple state moderates who flip back and forth every 4 to 8 years, because every President is the worst President ever
    I think that's what it was. Unaffiliated undecideds.

And bros. (had to get that dig in.)

Anyway, i have ti try and sleep.

Anyways, the debate was a mess last night, because that’s where we are in the primary (especially with a large field). This is only weakening the eventual nominee, no matter who it is. Hopefully Super Tuesday gives a clear path, because a contested convention is going to be a further mess (but hopefully I’m wrong).
    The whole debate process is horrible. I much prefer the town halls, where they aren't fighting for talking time.

"You have 45 seconds to explain how you can fix the country. Go!" 8 people start yelling

Warren had a *fantastic* town hall last night, for what it’s worth.

Can’t find it on YouTube though, just small clips... thanks CNN.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I read an editorial suggesting that the dip in Stocks is due to the markets' low confidence on the Trump administration being able to competently manage the Covid19 emergency. I'll see if I can find it again.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    The whole debate process is horrible. I much prefer the town halls, where they aren't fighting for talking time.

"You have 45 seconds to explain how you can fix the country. Go!" 8 people start yelling
    Agreed. These debates make the candidates look like fools in front of the world.

Administrator
    Sanders Supporter Sick of Movement Being Defined by Small Number of Toxic Members Like Him

And agreed. I'm sure at some point they found that longer format debates meant lower ratings, but the current format is just pointless.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/u...delegates.html

So if Bernie wins, we're fucked. If Bernie loses, we're fucked.

Great job unifying, Dems.
    Yeah, it basically comes down to Bernie vs obstructionists. I call them obstructionists because this group's only unified strategy is to stop Bernie. Doesn't matter how not really viable they are. Just hang in there even with few percent support... Bloomberg probably only jumped in because he saw Biden and Pete couldn't get it done...

I guess now I know why I like Andrew Yang so much. He was not in it for himself nor to be an obstructionist... If you make yourself think harder, when it's obvious that you're no longer viable, you should just get out of the way so that the democratic voters can start to coalesce together.

That brings us to this supposedly new Bernie's broker convention rule... Perhaps it is this new rule that's causing these candidates to try to hang in there. Or perhaps the establishments last hope is to try to ensure Bernie failed to win a majority of the delegates. They're all playing by the new rules.

However, should we blame Bernie for wanting the rule changed again? Think of it this way, even if the dame medicare for all bill authored by Bernie Sanders ended up not working out as expected..., does Bernie reserves the right to be unhappy about it and wants to further tweak it? Sander's only human. He can't foresee everything. Plus, I doubt DNC was bending over backwards for Sanders to come up with this new broker convention rules.

Obstruction works really well for the Republicans, but at least they still have plenty of conservative voter support on the right.

In our polarizing world today, do you guys really believe majority of the voters are moderate centrists? Do you guys really believe democrats could actually win over significant amount of republican voters upset by Trump? Stop dreaming of such dreams. Grab'em by the pussy didn't stop them. Impeachment only energized them. Dems need to dream bigger dreams than to simply dream of stopping Bernie Sanders... or stopping Donald Trump. Can you show me what the fuck can you start?

Ask not what american voters can stop, ask what americans can start to actually DO!!! (Bloomberg is at least trying to go that direction by selling the idea that he can get whatever done...)

Our nation has been too far to the right for too long. It's time to turn left a bit.

Those of you insisting on abolishing the electoral college also ought to insist DNC to completely stop allowing superdelegates to pick eventual winners. I'm pretty sure Bernie didn't beg the DNC to include that superdelecraps on the 2nd ballot. He knows nobody likes him. Particularly those superdelegates.

And for those rich liberals who love the dem establishment, you really should consider joining the Republican Party. That's what Donald Trump did.

As for Nanderthal, I really don't understand why he hates Sanders so much. Hopefully Sanders will get 4~8 years to prove himself to Neanderthal.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 27th, 2020 at 08:55 AM.