Page 1538 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 5381038143814881528153615371538153915401548158816382038 ... LastLast
Results 15,371 to 15,380 of 24780

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Like you said, we have a population that's 50% female (last I saw it's more like 52%), and yet there hasn't been a single female president. Even if white population is in decline, that wouldn't affect that. To me, reading being "turned off by the gender politics" seems like a refusal to even contemplate that there might be something there that we don't like about ourselves.

You are doing to me the same thing as Neanderthal.

I’m not saying sexism doesn’t exist, but if you really want to play that card, then prove to me that sanders is truly a sexist rather than lumping sanders as all other white sexist pigs.

Lastly, back in 2016, sanders urged Warren to run against Hillary. He was yielding to both of them females!!!! That sexist pig!!!

Warren chose to not run.

Should we really blame sanders for being a sexist?

Please my friends, choose to be reasonable!

Administrator
    Wait, what exactly am I doing to you? I took it that you were turned off by her bringing gender into it. You don't seem to be disagreeing with that.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I think that Matt Taibi is ultimately right, Sanders can't expect us to let him be the most powerful person in [the world] if he can't win an election against Biden.
    acket.

I feel like nuance is lost when discussing the Sanders/Warren conversation. It's very very possible he said something along the lines that he didn't believe a woman can beat Trump. Not because he thought, himself, that a woman isn't good enough, but rather because he thought the nation sexist after seeing 2016. And it's very possible Warren took that to mean that he thought women weren't up to the task. It is possible for two well meaning people to misunderstand each other. Other than being discussed for a brief moment at a debate, it wasn't all that big of a deal.

I believe that’s probably what happened but Warren/media made it into a huge deal on the debate stage! That turned supporters like me off.

If you have to force me into ignoring the nuances in order to pick whether he’s a sexist pig or she’s a liar, I’d have to pick she’s a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I think that Matt Taibi is ultimately right, Sanders can't expect us to let him be the most powerful person in [the world] if he can't win an election against Biden.
    Yes! If Sanders can’t even beat somebody like Biden, he has no hope against Trump.

Anyway, I’m still at lost with what the hell happened to the young voters Sanders supposedly energized?

At least he won CA, but with voter turnout of 20% is just unbelievable... people just don’t care much anymore I guess...

Likewise with all the support for Andrew Yang online... and with grassroots donations and then nobody voted for him in Iowa and NH....

I think I’ll just give up on politics for a while... it’s like we just can’t make any difference...

Just focus on making lots of money, then you can buy politicians...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 6th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

Do remember that authoritarian regimes* like Trump's always, always, always have voter-suppression policies in effect.

*Even in democratic-ish electoral systems.
    acket.

The International Court of Criminal Justice is launching an investigation into American War Crimes in Afghanistan?

The International Court of Criminal Justice is launching an investigation into American War Crimes in Afghanistan.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; March 6th, 2020 at 03:36 PM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wait, what exactly am I doing to you? I took it that you were turned off by her bringing gender into it. You don't seem to be disagreeing with that.
    Neanderthal probably thought I’m a racism denier when I said issues such as global warming, rising healthcare costs, widening gap between rich and poor have nothing to do with race. I thought those issues are collective human failures, not race related.

Likewise, I thought you thought that I’m a sexism denier.