Page 1579 of 2187 FirstFirst ... 5791079147915291569157715781579158015811589162916792079 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,790 of 21863

Thread: Politics

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    No, it's literally a flag that just features a "waving" pattern for the American flag, with Trump's campaign logo emblazzened across it.

Similar to this.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Administrator
    A flag that's an image of a flag that's billowing in a way that the flag that it appears on isn't?

This enrages me way more than it should. It reminds me of my old roommate who used to say that the only tattoo he wanted was of himself only bigger.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    My choice was less tacky.
    acket.

Trump is for sure the worst ever but he really isn’t all bad...

Covid19 has exposed a serious problem and I hope partisan politics won’t lose sight of the threat from CCP at the expense of Americans.

Contrary to what critics argue, “America first” does not mean “America alone.” That Trump might be introducing needed correctives to the hyper-globalization pursued by earlier administrations is generating serious cognitive dissonance in some quarters. And the reality is that only one organization in the entire world has as its sole responsibility the American people’s safety. That institution is the U.S. government. Whether led by Republicans or Democrats—or by Donald Trump or anyone else—it should always put the American people first.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-china/609493/

Just to be clear that I have no issues with China or Chinese in general, but CCP is really dangerous.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 5th, 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Another thought provoking piece from the Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...tarted/609463/

As democrats yearn for normalcy by rejecting Bernie’s revolution, it seems nature, or the CCP, has actually forced us into another one...

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    that trump flag is probably breaking U.S. flag code as well, lol
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Female Masturbatory Aid
    As an aside, northbound I95, just as you get into GA leaving FL, about 200-300 yards from the highway is a property with three gigantic flagpoles/flags. Center (tallest) is a battle flag that is probably as big as a garage, flanked on either side by a slightly smaller US flag.

Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    that trump flag is probably breaking U.S. flag code as well, lol
    It’s always ironic that those who seem to care the most about the flag code are also the sort that will gladly buy flag shorts, or flag towels, and sit their asses all over said freedom symbol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Trump is for sure the worst ever but he really isn’t all bad...
    You really haven’t been paying attention then. On this alone, the fact that he gutted the pandemic response team, and delayed serious response to the current pandemic is costing American lives right now. If you think that “isn’t all that bad” then I really want to know what you think would be “bad”.

Nobody is all bad, except perhaps Satan!

Anyway, I'm not trying to defend Trump at all, just that we shouldn't totally disregard everything that he's done. Please read the Atlantic article I linked if you want to examine some of the things that past admins have done wrong by not putting america first in pursuit of globalism.

If Trump's 'America first' means America the isolationist do it alone, then of course that's not the right approach and I'm not a fan of that. However, at the moment, we have out sourced a LOT of critical things from 5G network to critical medications in the name of capitalism/globalism. Do we really want China to be able to secretly spy on americans' daily lives and hold americans' health hostage?

Even if this disaster is indeed an accident and China meant the world no harm... most of our medical supplies actually were manufactured in Wuhan, China! We have paved the way to screw ourselves over even before Trump came along. Of course Trump's handling before and after this crisis is definitely fucked up too, but Trump reversing globalism may be the right thing to do. But of course at this point it's probably too little too late anyway. Hopefully we learn our lessons and stop relying on foreign nations on our critical supplies and infrastructures too much. Particularly relying on a nation with an authoritarian regime.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 6th, 2020 at 10:10 AM.