Page 1590 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 5901090149015401580158815891590159115921600164016902090 ... LastLast
Results 15,891 to 15,900 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    So, it's been a few days already. Bernie *said* he would support the eventual Democratic nominee.

Why hasn't he endorsed Biden?

When Pete, Liz*, Amy dropped out, they immediately endorsed. What's he waiting for?

I think I know.

He's a .... (Insert invective if your choice here.)

edit: actually, Liz hasn't either, now that I think about it.
    Pretty sure the progressive candidates have been working behind the scenes with Biden to push him as far left as possible before they throw their weight behind him. It’s pretty normal behavior when there’s differences as “drastic” as this between candidates imo. And we’re still a long ways out from the general, plus there’s a whole ass pandemic happening.

Not everything is some major black flag/conspiracy, you know this Mo. Come on.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Pretty sure the progressive candidates have been working behind the scenes with Biden to push him as far left as possible before they throw their weight behind him. It’s pretty normal behavior when there’s differences as “drastic” as this between candidates imo. And we’re still a long ways out from the general, plus there’s a whole ass pandemic happening.

Not everything is some major black flag/conspiracy, you know this Mo. Come on.
    Agreed and I think it's important, because going left will only help him gain more voters if he pushes for more healthcare and improved income....there's no more PERFECT time to campaign on this due to this pandemic.

The left really doesn't seem interested in fighting our common actual enemy of progressivism: the Republicans. Maybe I'm the only one seeing that.

Anyway, here's an article stating that they're helping Trump.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/11/trumps...mpression=true

I never paid much attention until RWA pointed out to me that NYP is actually super right wing!

With the name NY on it, at least I was fooled to believe it’s a liberal publication before...

Anyway, the point is that it’s their job to stir up shit between and moderates and the progressives so that Trump can win.

Fall into their trap and continue to hate the progressives bros... trump will e laughing all the way back to the WH.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The New York Post is currently owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp....nuff said

Yeah, I think that tells me all I need to know about these talking points.

This has been "fun", but I think I'll leave it to Mo and Billi.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    The New York Post is currently owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corp....nuff said
    Did not know that.

I'l have to reassess what I read from there and the opinions of those recommending it. (I read everything that's recommended to me. I prefer to have an informed opinion.)

These algorithms usually recommend you stuff you like to read. To stay truly informed, you have to venture into territories that you might find annoying...

Like I do appreciate how you often times inform me of stuff I don’t know!

Hope I’m doing the same to you!

Truly appreciate your help Jason, I know how fucking moronic we might be appearing to you!

Anyway, moral of the story is that moderates and progressives need work better together somehow. This bickering will only benefit future trumps.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 11th, 2020 at 09:17 PM.

Go Northam go.

https://wjla.com/news/local/northam-...ng-in-virginia

He's a centrist "establishment" Democrat if you must know.

That’s excellent! I’m sure no progressives would be against such legislation.

Fixing such voter suppressive laws from the conservatives is definitely a great start. To continue to make further progress would be to passing legislations that can keep the rich from suppressing congress’s ability to truly represent the will of the people. Looking forward to the day a future moderate establishment politician getting that done! I will definitely applaud that politician as I am applauding Northam.

Moderate democrats are not my enemies. I know that. My true enemies are the ones trying to buy them to do their will.