Page 1633 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 6331133153315831623163116321633163416351643168317332133 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,330 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Ok, how can demonstration of US police brutality go global? Hard to believe this American ‘virus’ can end up spreading globally... interesting...

https://apple.news/AcnsA49NeS6mKFZTTxattxQ

It was in NZ today. So, yes.

HAY GUYZ CHECK THIS OUT

From Aug 2019: https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1192

Cotton Warns Chinese Communists Against Intervening in Hong Kong Protests
    August 6, 2019
    Contact Caroline Tabler or James Arnold (202) 224-2353

Washington, D.C. - Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) released the following statement on the Chinese Communist Party's threats of force against protestors in Hong Kong:

"Three decades after the Tiananmen Square Massacre, the Chinese Communist Party appears poised for a violent crack-down on civilian protestors in Hong Kong. I hope this does not happen. But should Beijing impose martial law in Hong Kong or otherwise violate the 1984 Joint Declaration, the United States will be compelled to reassess our relationship with China in fundamental ways. Our government should be prepared to:

Halt trade negotiations with Beijing
    Sanction senior Chinese Communist Party officials
    Revoke the U.S. visas of Party leaders and their families
    Curtail student visas for Chinese nationals
    Demand the expulsion of Chinese officials from leadership positions in international organizations
    Revise the Hong Kong Policy Act

The Tiananmen Square Massacre highlighted the Chinese Communist Party's brutality and treachery, which they have employed for thirty years to steal our jobs and threaten our security. If Beijing cracks down on Hong Kong, the United States ought not make the same mistake again."
    From 1 June 2020 (CNN):

GOP senator urges Trump to deploy active-duty military following protests
    From CNN's Sam Fossum and Michael Callahan

Sen. Tom Cotton, a Republican from Arkansas, said today that President Trump should apply the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military to US cities in the wake of nation-wide protests following the death of George Floyd.

"The president should use the Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military forces to these cities to support local law enforcement and ensure this violence ends tonight," Cotton wrote on Twitter.
    What this is about: The Insurrection Act is the federal law which gives the President the power to deploy military personnel on US soil.

On Friday, the US military ordered several police units to be ready for potential deployment to Minnesota. Military police units at three US bases — Fort Riley in Kansas, Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York — have received "prepare to deploy" orders should the governor request federal assistance.

Administrator
    Yeah, he's got a long history of dumbshittery.

I know the CVS across the street from my work got looted. I doubt much happened to my work, but a friend who lives within a block of both of those ended up staying with us last night, he's off back to his place in one of those mixed-use buildings to see how it held up.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Heard of the Anonymous OP on the Epstein case?

This came up on twitter today

Motorsport names of interest in the Little Black Book:

- Alejandro Agag
    - Flavio Briatore (name in bold)
    - Bernie Ecclestone
    - Jacques Villeneuve
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

"I'm not interested in your revolution if it takes me away from your anus".
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It was in NZ today. So, yes.
    I hope it was a peaceful protest?

Are the protesters hoping the NZ government will relay their message to US government? Or perhaps just a show of solidarity on social media? Or perhaps NZ police can mistreat black people there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I know the CVS across the street from my work got looted. I doubt much happened to my work, but a friend who lives within a block of both of those ended up staying with us last night, he's off back to his place in one of those mixed-use buildings to see how it held up.
    Yeah, there are lots of these mix use, commercial below and residential up top, buildings propping up in LA area lately... come to think of it, these may be kinda dangerous during riots if the stores below got burned...

My "middle class" residential neighborhood currently is still okay... I'm guess this time protesters/looters specifically target richer neighborhoods because rich white folks are usually more complacent about black lives and they also have better merchandise to loot...

Has America been as fucked up since the civil war period?

This is DJ Trump's opportunity to shine like Lincoln...

You know the movie back to the future was way off with flying cars, but they sure were prophetic with president Biff.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post

"I'm not interested in your revolution if it takes me away from your anus".
    Can you not actually show picture of looters looting shit?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Heard of the Anonymous OP on the Epstein case?

This came up on twitter today
    Does this surprise anyone?

I knew Jacques was a douchebag before, but this cements it