Page 1641 of 1821 FirstFirst ... 641114115411591163116391640164116421643165116911741 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,410 of 18207

Thread: Politics

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    It's interesting to me that George Floyd's murder may have been the push needed to really push people to protest and to vote, and getting both Trump AND GOP out of office in massive numbers. People have really woken up to systematic problems now and those in charge are going to have a much more difficult time trying to do things "under the radar"

Trumps bible stunt where police teargassed and assaulted reporters was a major mistake in a culmination of mistakes he's made this year (well, for 3+ years but you get the idea).

Still, let's say there's an election and Trump loses....those 2 1/2 months until inauguration are going to be a wild shit-show from him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to burn down the White House at this point
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, Swervo, even if the cut is next to nothing compared to $3billion, but I still don't think it'll actually solve the problem most people want solved! Which is police brutality against minorities.

That's not the gist that I've gathered on why people want defunding. The main gists I've gotten are a) stop spending so much on paramilitary gear - the LAPD right now seem to have more gear on them than the Nation Guard do, and b) we have a finite budget and $150 million could go a long way for other things, like helping with homelessness, or transportation, or...

...or lessening reasons for people to commit crimes, therefore needing less police?
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Junior Potato
    EXAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACTLY!!!!!!!!

You put that a lot better than I did.

but how will the for-profit prisons make money???

One of the most heinous things in American society
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    ...or lessening reasons for people to commit crimes, therefore needing less police?
    Yes. A more just police will result in less riots. Adding or subtracting money from the police wonít help police become more just. This isnít about money. A more militarized police wonít make the police any more or less racist. Itís the people thatís giving us problems!

Do you really believe cutting police budget is the one thing youíd do to lower crime rate in your city if you were mayor?

but how will the for-profit prisons make money???

One of the most heinous things in American society
    Prisons, for or non-profit, will be closed if there isnít a biased justice system feeding them excessive people to lock up.

Our judicial system needs reforms as well. Even our Supreme Court can make stupid decisions...

Again, I donít think itís the constitution thatís causing our problems, but the bad actors in position of power.

Of course the people electing some of those bad actors can be problematic as well.

We cannot defund education and we cannot allow poverty to exist in a democracy I guess...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 4th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br
    Does this surprise anyone?

I knew Jacques was a douchebag before, but this cements it
    There was a pic of a BAR recently posted on the pics thread... And you know what? Craig Pollock always gave me the willies. There was something creepy about that dude.
    acket.

It's interesting to me that George Floyd's murder may have been the push needed to really push people to protest and to vote, and getting both Trump AND GOP out of office in massive numbers. People have really woken up to systematic problems now and those in charge are going to have a much more difficult time trying to do things "under the radar"

Trumps bible stunt where police teargassed and assaulted reporters was a major mistake in a culmination of mistakes he's made this year (well, for 3+ years but you get the idea).

Still, let's say there's an election and Trump loses....those 2 1/2 months until inauguration are going to be a wild shit-show from him. I wouldn't put it past him to try to burn down the White House at this point
    Trump definitely needs to go.

However, do you guys really believe Biden will do better than Obama and make black lives matter in America? I hope so, but Iím keeping my expectations low.

Most Democrats are like Kamala and the LA mayor... they either donít know or just donít want true reforms thatíd would really fix the system.

Who will be our next Abe Lincoln to preserve our union?