Page 1684 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 6841184158416341674168216831684168516861694173417842184 ... LastLast
Results 16,831 to 16,840 of 24770

Thread: Politics

You took the words right out of my mouth
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    China is not left in any sense of the word. They are a state owned capitalist economy using the rhetoric of populism and an iron fist to squash opposition.

The US is a capitalist owned state with two parties that use the rhetoric of populism, and the illusion of choice to keep people in line if they are rich enough, otherwise an iron fist to squash opposition
    Yes, your descriptions are definitely more accurate than mine!

But you do agree with me that it seems that you have to be an asshole to become an influential superpower? The world's current 2 major superpowers just remind me a lot of the 2 major parties at home. Taiwan or nations like NZ are also very much like the progressive party...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 21st, 2020 at 06:45 AM.

The only reason to be a super power is to be an asshole, but that doesn't mean that just because you are not a super power you can't be an asshole. Just more likely you align yourself with a larger asshole so you can benefit without taking the heat yourself.

Administrator
    I have to admit, Trump saying that he's met Ghislaine Maxwell a bunch of times and that he wishes her well was not on my bingo sheet for today.

(For those who haven't been following along, she was Jeff Epstein's constant companion who went into hiding when he was arrested. Her role was to recruit the girls that he'd eventually end up assaulting.)

Administrator
    Twitter bans 7,000 QAnon accounts and limits posting rights of 150,000 more, while also preventing QAnon topics from being searched for or showing up in the trending modules.

They'll keep finding ways around it, but it will help to limit the spread. This is a long time coming, especially the part that institutes new rules for "swarming", or having hundreds/thousands of people start harassing people baselessly accused of various transgressions. I follow Chrissy Teigan and she's constantly being harassed by people claiming that she went to Jeff Epstein's island to eat children.

Junior Potato
    Ooof.

That swarming thing could've come in handy back in, oh... 2014, when thousands of 4channers were suddenly very interested in ethics in video game journalism

US orders closure of Chinese consulate in Houston..., oh my, another cold war is probably about to start...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/polit...hnk/index.html

Question for those of you smarter than me. (that means I don't need your answer; you know who you are.)

So, Portland.
    A ... army (lets call them that. It might be a squad, it might be a unit. We. don't. know.) ... of unknown ... feds(?) is seizing people off the streets. Ostensibly "arresting" them. Beating them in plain sight. Tear gassing them. And then when they take them to their black sites and they request a lawyer, they're releasing them.

This unidentified force has NO warrants for these ... arrests/ kidnappings. And no jurisdiction either. No Miranda rights are being read. Whispers are that its ICE.

Anyway, My question is; again, thanks but I don't need your input.

Why can't the Governor of Oregon call on the National Guard to come heavily fucking armed and mass arrest these fascist fucks?

Serious question. The Governors first responsibility is to the citizens of Oregon, no? This would be protecting it's citizens and ... restoring order. (just go with it.) So why not?

Follow up question; Who would Trump send in next, to liberate his goons, and under what guise?
    Last edited by neanderthal; July 22nd, 2020 at 05:42 PM.

Plus with no identification it will let the right wing militias act as if they are the feds and free from repercussion. Honestly we need the spirit of Huey's black panthers to come back

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This twitter thread sums up a lot of things going on with Fox News/Fascism perfectly:

https://twitter.com/JYSexton/status/1285949728027533315