Page 1695 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 6951195159516451685169316941695169616971705174517952195 ... LastLast
Results 16,941 to 16,950 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I can’t believe he spilled the bean about a future all electric Vette!

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    I didn't think his comment was all that bad. I understood what he meant instantly.
    I understood what he was trying to get at, but it doesn't mean he communicated it in a well thought out and nuanced manner that wouldn't result in a bunch of headlines and articles about how Biden is the racist one this election.

Administrator
    Quick clip talking about voting, from Trump's attempt to delay the election to disenfranchisement of ex-felons to how the census and the electoral college affect the power of people's votes: https://spaces.hightail.com/space/yX...er%20MSNBC.mp4

Aside, I worked with Debra at MySpace and she's fucking awesome, which is half the reason I'm posting it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Wow, so many US friendly nations around the world!

Speaking of Biden and 'vettes, I caught a good episode of Jay Leno's Garage featuring Biden with his '67 and Colin Powell with a current model a while back. As interesting as the Corvettes was a discussion about how presidents and vice-presidents can't drive on public roads once elected, nor even after their terms are over. Apparently the Secret Service has the final say on who can do what and where.

That old picture of GW Bush driving Putin around in a white Ford pickup was on a ranch, and the driving Biden did on Leno's show was on a closed course like a racetrack or something. If I remember correctly, Powell was teasing Biden on the show because Powell has no such restrictions.

Yeah, I know this isn't serious politics, but this forum gets pretty heavy sometimes. Talking about cars is more fun.
    Last edited by George; August 7th, 2020 at 12:23 PM.

Yeah, I feel so sorry for all the presidents... to end up losing their freedom to drive! For that reason alone, I will never run for president... (Of course being a naturalized citizen, it's not like I'm even qualified anyways... and even if I am qualified, I'd have a hard time winning votes from folks like Neanderthal... )

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2020/8...trump-covid-19

This article has an interesting explanation for the anti-maskers...

Apparently, whatever their reasons for not wanting masks or vaccines or free healthcare..., the key to not cause them to dig their heels in further is to not assume that they're stupid. The more stupid you make them feel, the deeper they dig their heels in...

[edit] Maybe I should've post this in the pandemics thread, but I get the feeling that this is probably applicable to all political debates too.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 7th, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...mp-donor-ousts

The postal service is continuing to get worse and worse in terms of delays.

If you have an absentee or mail in ballot, do NOT wait until the last minute to send it in. Give it at least a week worth of delivery time just to he sure. I legitimately cannot guarentee it will get processed in time.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

You can also drop off absentee ballots, at least in some states.