Page 17 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

That is a really strange law. I guess if there is a law saying you can refuse service based on religious beliefs that that would fall under that umbrella, but what a weird law to start with. If you believe that homosexual is a choice, does that mean you could refuse service to anyone who makes choices you don't like? "You drive a Prius, you cannot eat here." If you believe homosexual is encoded genetically, does that mean you could refuse service to anyone who genes you didn't approve of? "You're Asian, you cannot eat here." It seems that regardless of the words of such a law, one could effectively refuse service to anyone for any reason. How exciting!

A law to reinforce prejudice? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    "You drive a Prius, you cannot eat here."
    You've got my vote.

Its like Arizona and Florida are constantly competing for the title of Worst State in the Union. With Texas doing everything it can to catch up.

I think Florida has the clear lead, personally. But what I find odd is that Texas and Florida both have some real redeeming value, whereas Arizona does not. If Arizona ultimately ends up winning that battle through legislation, it could very well go for the title of Worst Place on the Planet!

I'd love to open a resaurant that has a sign that says "No Christians allowed" and see what happens.

With money to burn, we could open a restaurant in Scottsdale and put up a sign that says "No Arizonans Allowed."

I assure you, Arizona is against my religion.

It should do well.

At a Tuesday campaign event for Democratic Kentucky Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes, former president Bill Clinton said there are two courses of action politicians can take when government policy runs into problems: “Pout” because your party is not in the White House or actually fix the problem.
    Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell has taken the first course, Clinton said, calling it a “dumb way to run a country.”
    Because it's true...

I think we passed pouting a long way back. At this point they're lying in the middle of the street screaming and wailing so hard they're turning red.