Page 1702 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 7021202160216521692170017011702170317041712175218022202 ... LastLast
Results 17,011 to 17,020 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This reminds me of when gas prices went up a bunch so people were trying to organize a one day gas boycott - don't buy gas this Friday and we'll show 'em who's boss!

The problem was, nobody stopped *using* gas. They just filled up a day earlier or a day later, the end result didn't affect oil companies at all.

Pretty much.

It's for the illusion of action, the illusion of fighting back against "the man." It's for the powerless to feel like they're taking control of something.

It's all bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I pretty much agree with the assessment of the unraveling of America, but not so sure about the ascendancy of China/Asia though. Xi is definitely not as dumb as Trump, but he is as nasty if not more. This widening gap between the rich and poor is accelerating in both countries...

Unless Trump and Xi go away, the unraveling will only continue. Of course I also agree with the author that in America, even with removal of trump, not sure if we could turn things around. After all I firmly believe Trump is only the symptom of our decay, not the cause.

The problem was, nobody stopped *using* gas. They just filled up a day earlier or a day later, the end result didn't affect oil companies at all.
    But what if they filled up only a bit at a time...?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    A general strike for a few days won't matter to them. To hurt billionaires, you need to find a way to really hurt them. Like, strip them bare and leave their carcasses drying in the sun.
    The French had the answer two hundred and some years ago.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    But what if they filled up only a bit at a time...?
    Well, that could conceivably have hurt the exploited small business owners of gas stations. They're sort of the buffer for various problems which might otherwise affect big oil directly.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Judges, appointed by Trump, [...]
    9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines
    acket.

I saw that earlier.
    In 2016 idiots really showed their whole asses during the elections.

I really don’t think Hillary or Obama or Biden could fix our gun/social problems... whether it’s mass shooting or BLM...

Besides powerful lobbies, there’s simply not enough political will from the people either! If Sandy Hook couldn’t change minds, if coronavirus couldn’t help unite us to fight it together, I guess we just need to wait for a bigger disaster to happen in order to help American people to look beyond their stupid political differences...

"their stupid political differences ..."

You *really* have no introspection.

Why ont you chew on those few words and your actions for a few minutes.

$48 million raised by the Biden campaign in the 48 hours after announcing Kamala Harris as his veep nominee.

We coulda had a bad bitch, but fuckers were too busy paying heed to white male journalists and Russian disinformation.

Kamala has widespread appeal, (unless you're hoodwinked by the "she's a cop" nonsense, in which case say hi to Boris or Vladimir or Pytor or whatever he calls himself. I watched this one woman go out on a limb about another woman who's kid was truant and what she had to go through. Wasn't even the same county as Kamala. And Kamala was no longer DA at that time.) and this article doesn't even mention the appeal she has in the East Indian community.

She's a real one. She called one of the people I follow on Twitter, just days after suspending her campaign, because she'd heard he had a biopsy. Days. Just a "hey, you're gonna get through this" call. notcapnamerica on twitter