Page 1722 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 7221222162216721712172017211722172317241732177218222222 ... LastLast
Results 17,211 to 17,220 of 24776

Thread: Politics

#Dumbkirk may have just swayed me into being ok with using hashtags.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    For your first question: make voting compulsory.

For your second question: you can't ever solve that one, which is why you do the first one.
    If it doesn’t matter which candidate you pick, they will only look after the rich and ignore the poor... then what difference does it make whether voting is compulsory or not?

Perhaps we could give voters the option none of the above... and if that option has the most votes, just leave that office vacant or promote the next in line as if assassinated?

I’m just sick and tired of lesser of the two evils who always believe the rich are too big to fail and the poor can be ignored...

And yet last time around you voted in a way that was harmful to the disenfranchised.
    Really loving seeing Kamala out there generating excitement, telling people to go and vote early.

That's exactly what I will be doing. I am going to vote on the second day of early voting. I'm going to be encouraging everybody to go vote early, and not to mail in their votes as we know what shenanigans they are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Perhaps we could give voters the option none of the above... and if that option has the most votes, just leave that office vacant or promote the next in line as if assassinated?
    For the record, despite what is said we don't actually have compulsory voting in Australia. All you are compelled to do is show up at a polling both and get your name ticked off. After that most people go and fill in their ballot (why wouldn't you?), but you're also perfectly entitled to leave it blank or draw a penis on it, put that in the box and leave.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If it doesn’t matter which candidate you pick, they will only look after the rich and ignore the poor... then what difference does it make whether voting is compulsory or not?

I’m just sick and tired of lesser of the two evils who always believe the rich are too big to fail and the poor can be ignored...
    The dynamics of voting are too far beyond my expertise to be able to explain it, but the gist is that the more that poor people vote, the more likely it is that someone will stand up to represent them as a demographic, and if they take votes away from the ‘big two’ then it’s also more likely that they will want to win them back through policy adjustments.

Of course, that all may be out the window since we live in the age of wilful misinformation and electoral campaigning-by-press (thanks Murdoch) so I dunno. I ain’t no psephologist.

But you’ve seen how the Overton Window has been shifted gradually to the right over the last 20 years. That shift has huge momentum. There is no way right now to swing it back to the left other than to slow its progress by encouraging everyone to vote. The next step is to slowly but surely turn the crank handle the other way and never give up.

Yeah, conservatives voters are typically more conscientious, so they probably paid more attention to voting... also, conscientious type also do tend to end up making more money... and that's how they also got more influences in politics?

Anyway, I don't believe in robbing the rich to feed the poor, but our societies now seemed more like robbing the poor to feed the rich. This pandemic only further speed up the demise of the poor and making the rich even richer...

I really don't see how voting helps..., but for sure not voting won't help either.

Without some sort of reform, I just don't see things improving. Hopefully Biden will surprise me.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    For the record, despite what is said we don't actually have compulsory voting in Australia. All you are compelled to do is show up at a polling both and get your name ticked off. After that most people go and fill in their ballot (why wouldn't you?), but you're also perfectly entitled to leave it blank or draw a penis on it, put that in the box and leave.
    How many votes does Penis get?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    QAnon is a Nazi Cult, Rebranded

QAnon’s conspiracy theory is a rebranded version of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

QAnon purveys the fantasy that a secret Satan-worshiping cabal is taking over the world. Its members kidnap white children, keep them in secret prisons run by pedophiles, slaughter, and eat them to gain power from the essence in their blood. The cabal held the American Presidency under the Clintons and Obama, nearly took power again in 2016, and lurks in a “Deep State” financed by Jews, including George Soros, and in Jews who control the media. They want to disarm citizens and defund the police. They promote abortion, transgender rights, and homosexuality. They want open borders so brown illegal aliens can invade America and mongrelize the white race.

QAnon true believers think Donald Trump will rescue America from this Satanic cabal. At the time of “The Storm,” supporters of the cabal will be rounded up and executed.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    How many votes does Penis get?
    Usually some dick ends up winning the election

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    That sounds all very scary but you can't compare Trump with Nazis that's just crazy talk it'll never happen it's not true nope no way Joze