Page 1733 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 73312331633168317231731173217331734173517431783 ... LastLast
Results 17,321 to 17,330 of 18183

Thread: Politics

  1. #17321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    I dislike the "both parties are the same" weak/ bullshit logic. You all know that.

    https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/...868713984?s=19

  2. #17322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I saw something that suggested the Democrats should make a pledge that if the Senate appoints Trump's nominee, and then they go on to win control of congress/WH, they will change the court to 13 justices, essentially neutralizing all of Trumps appointees, plus 1.

    Could backfire though, as old school republicans that don't like the current GOP and may be willing to vote Left, or stay home, may change their minds.
    As far as I'm concerned, WE SHOULD NOT BE CONCERNED WITH WHAT THE REPUBLICANS WILL DO. They aren't concerned with what we want. Their record on bipartisanship is what? Someone tell me, please. Serious question.

    Two can play scorched earth, and *I'm fuckin fine with that shit.*

    We win the trifecta we need to immediately make Puerto Rico and DC states.
    Then pack the court. Make it fifteen.
    Appoint fuckin toddlers to that shit.
    Then make a constitutional amendment that requires 90% of states to ratify an increase to supreme court count in the future.
    Legalise DACA recipients.
    Make a path to citizenship
    Invest heavily in Puerto Rico's infrastructure and rebuilding
    Eliminate the electoral college.
    Enact universal healthcare.

    And while free college/ eliminating college debt is important free childcare is importanter! I say this as a child less male who has long said he doesn't want kids.

    We can do things that we want without giving a single flying fuck what the Republicans say, want, or do if we simply ensure that they can't win either house going forward. They are never interested in reaching across the aisle, so fuck em.

    DC is almost automatically two democratic Senators.
    Investing in and rebuilding PR, properly, will give us a high likelihood of two there into perpetuity. Properly means sustainable electrical grid that easily rebootable after hurricanes. Hurricanes will still happen. Life afterwards should resume with minimal disturbance.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 20th, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

  3. #17323
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    I think if Trump nominates any judges Pelosi will impeach either him or Barr, making the senate have to deal with that first. (Is that the rule? Impeachments are dealt with first? I'm too tired to look shit up.)

  4. #17324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I dislike the "both parties are the same" weak/ bullshit logic. You all know that.

    https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/...868713984?s=19
    The problem with our two parties is that rather than being conservatives, they are actually con-artists. Rather being democrats, they are actually plutocrats caring more for the rich rather than ordinary citizens.

    We no longer have a government of the people for the people. Which ever one wins, most of us will lose.

    I can agree with you plutocrats beats conartists, but plutocrats are useless for us ordinary people. Also, when those two go head to head, of course conartists will win every time because they will never play fair...

    It is really unbelievable to me that the republicans are winning the disgruntled working class votes. They are supposed to be the ones working for the rich!

    Anyway, at least we cant have another billionaire judge out of nowhere... and Trump canít nominate his own daughter... we shouldnít have changed to 50 votes to confirm a judge... expecting those conartists to not be hypocrites is just being naive...

    Plutocrats need to be craftier to beat conartists..., most importantly they need to represent the people more, pick out candidates that people truly like rather than strategizing how to get the candidate the establishment wants on the ballot...

    Status quo obviously doesnít work.

  5. #17325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity
    Spoiler:
    The problem with our two parties is that rather than being conservatives, they are actually con-artists. Rather being democrats, they are actually plutocrats caring more for the rich rather than ordinary citizens.

    We no longer have a government of the people for the people. Which ever one wins, most of us will lose.

    I can agree with you plutocrats beats conartists, but plutocrats are useless for us ordinary people. Also, when those two go head to head, of course conartists will win every time because they will never play fair...

    It is really unbelievable to me that the republicans are winning the disgruntled working class votes. They are supposed to be the ones working for the rich!

    Anyway, at least we cant have another billionaire judge out of nowhere... and Trump can’t nominate his own daughter... we shouldn’t have changed to 50 votes to confirm a judge... expecting those conartists to not be hypocrites is just being naive...

    Plutocrats need to be craftier to beat conartists..., most importantly they need to represent the people more, pick out candidates that people truly like rather than strategizing how to get the candidate the establishment wants on the ballot...

    Status quo obviously doesn’t work.
    Man. 2016 third party voter opining on how the the senate should appoint judges.

    Very little of what you say deserves merit/ consideration. Because bolded part.

  6. #17326
    Female Masturbatory Aid
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    JAX
    Posts
    2,116
    Mo, add to your list:

    Get rid of:
    Lobbying
    Citizens United
    3-ear-long campaign "seasons" (put a 6-8 week limit on that shit with a "salary" cap ($20M?) and NO corporate/PAC donation. Self-funded and/or domestic/grassroots only. Audit the living fuck out of it. If one penny came from somewhere prohibited, that person's campaign is over, and they are told to fuck off. The fact that campaigns last years and involve billions is fucking ridiculous. Democracy should be who gets the most votes, not who raises the most campaign money. It should also not be decided by 5-6 states (your Electoral college statement).

    Then along the lines of changes to the presidency:

    Tax return submission is MANDATORY.
    Divest, with verifiable proof.
    Anti-nepotism, because fuck that.


    Any of the three new criteria not met, you're DQ'd and instructed to fuck yourself.


    If nothing else, the current occupant showed everybody what a complete shitshow of corruption and self-serving the apparatus is as a whole. I think he could have done that, and still actually accomplished some positives beyond that, but that's not in his make-up. He's got a decades-long track record of being a shady grifter douchebag conman. We just gave him the keys to the biggest bank account on the planet.

  7. #17327
    Ask me about my bottom br
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ox.mx
    Posts
    5,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    The problem with our two parties is that rather than being conservatives, they are actually con-artists. Rather being democrats, they are actually plutocrats caring more for the rich rather than ordinary citizens.
    I'm going to disagree, I would say that one problem with legislative procedure in the U.S. is that the type of ethical behavior seen from someone like Sam Rayburn was never codified into regulations for the position they occupied, and thus, when people like him died or retired, those practices were lost. A society can only stand on the shoulders of giants for a limited time.
    acket.

  8. #17328
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Man. 2016 third party voter opining on how the the senate should appoint judges.

    Very little of what you say deserves merit/ consideration. Because bolded part.
    DNC is fighting hard against the Green Party to make sure people canít vote Green like 2016.

    Johnson won way more votes that Jill Stein. DNC needs to figure out how to beat the republicans rather than Green Party.

    Lastly, shouldíve just let there only be 8 judges in the Supreme Court rather than lower the bar and now itís backfiring...

    Anyway, can only hope and pray, Trump and republicans wonít succeed and be beaten badly come November.

  9. #17329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,605
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I'm going to disagree, I would say that one problem with legislative procedure in the U.S. is that the type of ethical behavior seen from someone like Sam Rayburn was never codified into regulations for the position they occupied, and thus, when people like him died or retired, those practices were lost. A society can only stand on the shoulders of giants for a limited time.
    I agree with what you said but Iím not sure what exactly you are disagreeing with what youíve quoted from me.

    Our constitution was setup quite well in order to allow bunch of dwarfs to mess around for a while, but our system isnít indestructible if we dont attempt any kind of reform soon.

    Only hope is for Biden to pleasantly surprise us when heís in office... but if we double down on the same path as Obama/Hillary, Iím sure things wonít go well for our future. Not that Iím implying O and H are bad people, just they prefer the rich and often failed the poor.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 20th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

  10. #17330
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Mo, add to your list:

    Get rid of:
    Lobbying
    Citizens United
    3-ear-long campaign "seasons" (put a 6-8 week limit on that shit with a "salary" cap ($20M?) and NO corporate/PAC donation. Self-funded and/or domestic/grassroots only. Audit the living fuck out of it. If one penny came from somewhere prohibited, that person's campaign is over, and they are told to fuck off. The fact that campaigns last years and involve billions is fucking ridiculous. Democracy should be who gets the most votes, not who raises the most campaign money. It should also not be decided by 5-6 states (your Electoral college statement).

    Then along the lines of changes to the presidency:

    10 years Tax return submission is MANDATORY.
    Divest, with verifiable proof.
    Anti-nepotism, because fuck that.


    Any of the three new criteria not met, you're DQ'd and instructed to fuck yourself.


    If nothing else, the current occupant showed everybody what a complete shitshow of corruption and self-serving the apparatus is as a whole. I think he could have done that, and still actually accomplished some positives beyond that, but that's not in his make-up. He's got a decades-long track record of being a shady grifter douchebag conman. We just gave him the keys to the biggest bank account on the planet.
    I'm here for allothat!

    Mine was just the beginning of a much longer list, not even a list of things they needed to do on day 1. Those were just the things they need to do immediately to ratfuck the GOP into perpetuity. And i'm here for it!!! Fuck em. With a rusty running chainsaw.

    Citizens Utd is a big one.
    Re-enacting the Voting Rights act.
    And the fairness doctrine.
    Make election day a holiday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •