Page 1765 of 1877 FirstFirst ... 765126516651715175517631764176517661767177518151865 ... LastLast
Results 17,641 to 17,650 of 18765

Thread: Politics

What's amazing/ confounding is that Trump still has support.

Yeah, I just said to a friend that 42% of 330 million people is an inconceivable fucktonne of supporters who don't see through his bullshit, or do but don't care that it's bad for their country.

It's because they watch Fox News*.

*GOP propaganda station

And listen to Rush Limbaugh, like someone we know.

We do have a set of media that's literally just about creating an alternate reality. To paraphrase another joke I saw recently on Twitter:

• CBS - Trump has COVID
    • ABC - Trump has COVID
    • CNN - Trump has COVID
    • MSNBC - Trump has COVID
    • FOX - Check out these soups with delicious fall flavors!
    • Fall Flavors Soup Channel - Trump has COVID

The fly on Pence’s head was quite symbolic. Flies stick to shit, and he’s a piece of shit just like his boss.

Junior Potato
    Is the presidential race nothing but a thinly veiled pantomime now?

This whole week seems like Trump's reelection campaign hired a really shit script writer and created a made-for-TV drama

Who selects these useless moderators?

My guess is that that non-partisan commission on presidential debates or whatever it's called sets the ground rules, so the moderators have a set of rules they have to follow. I suppose the idea is that we're supposed to be able to formulate our opinions based not only on what they say, but also whether or not they can obey basic rules. I'm not sure how much I buy that as a premise, but here we are.

I thought it was just Trump, but I guess even without trump, they just can't shut up.

The rules are kinda stupid too. Regardless of the person speaking was Pence or Harris... moderator would say you have 15s to respond.

WTF. Which politician speaks only for 15s? Why can't they give more time for people to respond?

And then when the times up, moderator would interject with 'thank you, thank you, thank you' attempting to shut them up.

Not only don't they answer simple questions, but they also don't shut up and the moderator and the rules are annoying too. I just can't watch it all and got out of it.

It's not like they'll change my mind anyways...

Anyway, besides that stupid debate, we have to hand it to Trump that his stupid words can manipulate the market pretty good. Just a few tweets could swing the markets up and down... Did coronavirus get to his brain? One minute no stimulus check and the other minute urging Nancy to get the check ready NOW!

I'm willing to bet Trump probably made some insider friend very rich with these swings...