Page 1780 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 7801280168017301770177817791780178117821790183018802280 ... LastLast
Results 17,791 to 17,800 of 24776

Thread: Politics

So I was thinking today, did appointing Coney Barrett actually hurt Trump's chance at re-election?

Think about how many people voted for him solely to get conservatives on the court and overturn Roe vs. Wade. Now that's he's done that, there might be a considerable amount of potential one-issue Trump voters that now think "Mission Accomplished" and stay home or even vote Biden.

Unless they're worried about Biden packing the court. I don't see that happening, unless Kavanaugh and Coney Barrett act brazenly partisan on the bench.

I think this rushed appointment definitely made republicans look bad... as hypocrites. For sure it’ll hurt their senate majority. Maybe some single voter republicans will feel relieved so they don’t have to vote trump again? But kinda doubt that. The main benefit I see is that this move energized the left more.

That’s how Obama won. He energized more folks on the left to come out to vote, rather than converting folks on the right...

Anyway, regarding roe v wade and court packing, it really doesn’t matter. Abortion rate is dwindling regardless or who’s in the WH and how many conservative justices we have in the courts. Voters on both sides are placing way too much emphasis on this single issue.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    So I was thinking today, did appointing Coney Barrett actually hurt Trump's chance at re-election?

Think about how many people voted for him solely to get conservatives on the court and overturn Roe vs. Wade. Now that's he's done that, there might be a considerable amount of potential one-issue Trump voters that now think "Mission Accomplished" and stay home or even vote Biden.

Unless they're worried about Biden packing the court. I don't see that happening, unless Kavanaugh and Coney Barrett act brazenly partisan on the bench.
    Interesting, But I don't think so. There's still a few things of Obama's he hasn't undone.

He's an insufferable cunt. I hope by this time next year he's in a cage like all the "illegals" his goon squad did.

Again, fuck this asshole.

I read today that Bobby Orr endorsed Trump. My heart sank, briefly.

Who's Bobby Orr you ask? Fair question. Former Boston Bruins legend. More famous in Canada, obviously, and one who's regarded by many to be the single greatest hockey player to ever put on skates.

EDIT - just saw that Brett Favre also endorsed Trump. WTF??
    Last edited by sandydandy; October 30th, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Junior Potato
    Comedian Jonathan Pie, once again, hits the nail on the bloody head.

Junior Potato
    He pretty much sums up my thoughts on it too:

- Trump will win and it is inevitable

- The Democrats’ milk toast platform hasn’t helped them gain any votes apart from rusted-on centrists

- Fuck the polls

- Owning the Libs is more important than good governance

That’s very true, and kind of scary. I am very wary of the polls but I keep in mind that Joe Biden is not Hillary. She made some fatal mistakes leading up to the 2016 election and Biden really hasn’t this time around. I like to be optimistic that the decent still outnumber the indecent in America, and will get rid of this plague known as Trump on Tuesday.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    No, without some INSANE attempts to successfully block votes that works, Trump will lose, and lose badly.

It's a simple calculation IMO. Trump has a lot of die-hard supporters yes, but he hasn't really gained much if any voters from 2016. He is running with, most likely, the same numbers or LESS than he ran with before. Many Trump voters looking to "Shake things up" didn't realize how horrible he would be.

The number of people early voting is WAAAAY higher than any time in history and a lot of them are voting for Biden.

For many years, people of voting age who were relatively liberal or moderate didn't think voting mattered much....that's all changed.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    the dismantling of the USPS seems pretty "successful".
    acket.

https://t.co/aNvrwSVGeX?amp=1

It's the week before elections, and Bernie fucking Sanders is trying to throw the game. The week before the elections.

Fuck Bernie Sanders.
    Last edited by neanderthal; October 30th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.