Page 1789 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 7891289168917391779178717881789179017911799183918892289 ... LastLast
Results 17,881 to 17,890 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    "I love the poorly educated" was the most honest thing he's ever said. While they (fore-mentioned poorly educated) interpreted it as "I want to help them", the rest of us knew exactly what he meant. "I love dumbfucks, and they'll vote for me and love me for telling them they're dumbfucks, because they're dumbfucks."

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Standing By: Right-Wing Militia Groups & the US Election

There has been a major realignment of militia movements in the US from anti-federal government writ large to mostly supporting one candidate, thereby generally positioning the militia movement alongside a political party. This has resulted in the further entrenchment of a connection between these groups’ identities and politics under the Trump administration, with the intention of preserving and promoting a limited and warped understanding of US history and culture.

These armed groups engage in hybrid tactics. They train for urban and rural combat while also mixing public relations, propaganda works, and ‘security operations’ via both online and physical social platforms to engage those outside of the militia sphere. There is an increasing narrative and trend that groups are organizing to ‘supplement’ the work of law enforcement or to place themselves in a narrowly defined ‘public protection’ role in parallel with police departments of a given locale.

Ahead of the election, right-wing militia activity has been dominated by reactions to recent social justice activism like the Black Lives Matter movement, public health restrictions due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, and other perceived threats to the ‘liberty’ and ‘freedoms’ of these groups.

And right-wing militia groups are often highly competitive with one another, but many have coalesced around this period of heightened political tension, and have even brought Proud Boys and QAnon-linked groups into the fold. While some groups have indicated that they are receptive to calls for deescalation and conflict avoidance, they remain vulnerable to hardline elements that may work clandestinely towards violent action aimed at dominating public space around the election.
    Non-Right-Wing Groups

Amid rising political tensions ahead of the election, groups have organized across the ideological spectrum. The vast majority of militias identified over the summer are right-wing, and their activity is widespread and growing. Left-wing militia activity is not as pronounced, and while the specter of ‘Antifa’ looms large in the public imagination, violent activities associated with this non-centralized movement have been minimal, and are often expressed in cyber actions (like doxxing), and with minimal rioting that typically does not involve threats or harm to individuals.
    ‘Antifa’

The loosely organized anti-fascist movement known as ‘Antifa’ engages in two primary activities relevant to the behavior under review in this report. Local and interstate networks of antifascists organize counter-mobilization against right-wing street organizing, including against many of the groups analyzed below. The majority of ‘Antifa’ energy is spent towards counterintelligence operations, primarily doxxing right-wing activists and organizing publicly and semi-publicly available information. Antifa-affiliated activists are also rarely armed and do not exhibit a pattern of recruitment, training, and integration into a chain-of-command, like most militia and armed groups.

Not Fucking Around Coalition

The Not Fucking Around Coalition (NFAC) is a burgeoning Black separatist movement that, in many ways, is a direct reaction to many of the groups analyzed below. The NFAC is an all-Black, armed activist movement started and led by an Atlanta DJ known as Grandmaster Jay. They have appeared in opposition to mostly-white right-wing militia movements and continue to call for retribution for Breonna Taylor’s death at the hands of the Louisville police. While they clearly draw from and instrumentalize left-wing militant aesthetics (such as the Black Panther Party of the 1970s), they do not have an explicitly leftist political program. In the past months, the leader of the NFAC has begun to call for the establishment of a separatist Black ethnostate in Texas, and has attempted to align his movement with other Black armed movements like the New Black Panther Party (not affiliated with the original Panthers and widely disavowed by the same).

The NFAC have been active across at least three states and Washington, DC since the start of the summer, including in their ‘home’ state of Georgia; Kentucky, where they have shown up in Louisville in support of Breonna Taylor; and Louisiana. The group has shown up exclusively in the context of protests. For example, in late July, about 2,500 armed and 300 unarmed NFAC members held a rally in Louisville, Kentucky in support of the BLM movement, demanding justice for Breonna Taylor. The group was met by III%ers counter-protesting, resulting in verbal sparring between the two groups, though police in heavy riot gear kept both sides apart.
    acket.

Administrator
    Sounds like AP has called Wisconsin and Michigan for Biden. I, however, am a Chargers fan and that means no lead is ever big enough.

Yes! Don’t matter about holding the lead, need to cross over to 270 1st!

Junior Potato
    Currently it’s Biden 264 vs Trump 214

Looks like there’s a real possibility that Biden could win this.

There are four states still in play with Trump leading three of them. Biden only needs 6 electoral votes to cross the line.

The states are:

Nevada (Biden lead) 6 votes
    Georgia (Trump lead) 16 votes
    North Carolina (Trump lead) 15 votes
    Pennsylvania (Trump lead) 20 votes

If Biden wins any one state, he will be president.

If Trump wins all remaining states, he will be president.

Doing the math assuming it stays as it is the end result will be:

Biden 270 (win) Trump 265 (loss)

I can’t believe it’s this tight...

W and Gore race was kinda tight back then too... but hopefully democrats will win this time...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 4th, 2020 at 03:52 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think Biden also takes Georgia and Pennsylvania

What happened to Georgia? I thought it’s red! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Doing the math assuming it stays as it is the end result will be:

Biden 270 (win) Trump 265 (loss)
    It’ll be 270 to 268 for Biden. You forgot Alaska and their 3 votes for Trump.

So Biden has 264 so far, but some places are saying 253. Not everyone is giving him Arizona’s 11 votes yet. Weird.

Ok so now Biden needs only one of Nev, Pa, Ga and SC, but could quite possibly take all four. Trump needs everything that’s left to win.