Page 1815 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 815131517151765180518131814181518161817 ... LastLast
Results 18,141 to 18,150 of 18183

Thread: Politics

I actually enjoy watching conspiracy stuff from time to time. Alien/UFO, paranormal, pyramids, etc...even some of the more recent douchy stuff like flat earth is worth a chuckle or two. I usually keep it in the realm of entertainment, (in my mind).

Some of the nasty right-wing conspiracies, that are presented as fact, are far more insidious in nature. Especially because they have real world implications and are able to seriously fuck up peoples minds. The fact that a large number of people actually believe that shit - and live their lives by it - is very disturbing. I was better able to understand Roofer’s mindset when watching that shit documentary, and reject it outright. These people really are living on a different planet.

Yep. Mind over matter. They think they're right; therefore, they must be right!

I love a good conspiracy too. However, even when it comes to matter of religion, I am prepared to accept the possibility that perhaps Jesus Christ is bogus. It is mind boggling why some folks are prepare to accept something as absolute truth without any evidence and have zero doubts! (I still have some doubts about Jesus)

Anyway, it's all emotionally driven. They don't like certain things; therefore, whatever comes their way that agrees with them, they'll just happily eat it up.

If the same bible or same constitution can be interpreted differently by different folks, I suppose it's only natural that different people can also see the same world differently.

Who's right who's wrong? I guess there's no easy answer. Perhaps roofer is right and all the lefties are wrong!

Someone on Nextdoor out here posted something asking about the "superspreader event on Dunleer" (turns out some family in a swanky part of town threw a huge party for their kid's 18th birthday during a pandemic), and the comments thread got taken over by like three people who kept going on about how covid is just an illuminati plot to cull the world's population and other nonsense.

I miss when crazy people had to stand out on a street corner and yell at imaginary elves instead of rant on the internet.

Junior Potato
    It's too bad that these sort of utter, utter, utter cunts can invite themselves into a civil discussion and rip it apart and destroy the peace and sense of community that it would have had otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I miss when crazy people had to stand out on a street corner and yell at imaginary elves instead of rant on the internet.
    I miss when the source of nutty tabloid stories were funny papers in grocery store checkout aisles. Not the Twitter account of the President of the United States.

Ask me about my bottom br
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I actually enjoy watching conspiracy stuff from time to time. Alien/UFO, paranormal, pyramids, etc...even some of the more recent douchy stuff like flat earth is worth a chuckle or two. I usually keep it in the realm of entertainment, (in my mind).
    The wife and I stopped watching Homeland after four seasons precisely because it was douchey stuff that ignored established facts and timelines to justify the American power narrative.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br
    We all laughed when Maduro said he had received a visit from Chávez's ghost in the form of a little bird.

Think about that.

Who's laughing now? I'll tell you who:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama, Nick Maduro, Hugh Chávez. That's who's laghing now!

And that lady, she's probably the Emir of Antifa.
    acket.

Maybe I’m missing it, but I scrolled through AOC’s timeline and see a bunch of stuff aimed at Republicans... Is it the student debt relief push? Because that’s been a push by basically everyone on the left for a while.

Yeah, exactly what was AOC whining about?

Only protest I know against the Biden team was asshole climate activists demanding Biden to not appoint people with connections to fossil fuel industry.

Anyway, it’d be nice it you could explain to us that the thing AOC was protesting about was totally stupid rather than just sighing about her complaining.