Page 1829 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 8291329172917791819182718281829183018311839187919292329 ... LastLast
Results 18,281 to 18,290 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Trump is rumored to pardon Julian Assange before he leaves office.

I'd be happier if the terrible precedent set by the charges against those in the press corp who try to uncover malignant actions by agents of the State were dropped, but seeing how an extradition to an American jail is basically a death sentence for a person suffering from grave mental health problems, I'll take it.
    It looks like this is barely even a rumor. Some no-name account tweeted it out and it got picked up by the usual Q types. Even some of the Infowars-associated folks on Twitter are debunking it at this point.

Junior Potato
    Nobody likes Assange. Not even his own government. He has been abandoned.

Imagine the delicious carnage he could cause if he was set free again.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I suppose the character assassination worked.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Not really that. It’s because he is a threat, and continues to be so even while in prison.

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/tortu...histleblowers/

Junior Potato
    Note: I support his release and ability to report freely.

This is the CCP moments of the West.

And this is pre-Trump... and also Edward Snowden thought Obama would be different and better than W..., but he thought wrong.

Whistle blowing is hard to do, which ever country you're in...

It's sad that we either have Trump or this kind of 'normalcy'... is it really too much to ask for a 3rd and better option?

So the electors have officially voted for and elected Biden. Will the Trump and his supporter officially shut up now?

Spoiler:
    Nope

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Whistle blowing is hard to do, which ever country you're in...
    It's about to get way harder. From the link I posted:

The US government is seeking to retrospectively apply its own Espionage Act to non-US citizens in foreign lands, while simultaneously withholding the free speech protections of its Constitution. The upshot would be that non-US citizens, and non-US journalists, would be vulnerable to prosecution wherever they may be, whenever the United States saw fit.

Should a host country oblige, that journalist’s only hope would be the protection of their own government. And the message from the Australian government? Not a chance.
    So essentially the US government could put in an extradition request based on an alleged breach of the Espionage Act anywhere in the world, and a complicit foreign government would more than likely agree to it and send the accused to meet their fate. Among the few counties that would not acquiesce would be Iran, North Korea, Russia and China. I'd literally trust them to protect their own citizens more than I do my own government to protect me in this situation.

The US government and China have more in common than you realise.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Not really that. It’s because he is a threat, and continues to be so even while in prison.

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/tortu...histleblowers/
    Because he couldn't be tried in a proper court he was first tried in the court of public opinion, all I'm saying is the prosecution did their job to convince the jurors.
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    So the electors have officially voted for and elected Biden. Will the Trump and his supporter officially shut up now?

Spoiler:
    Nope
    Nope, because a bunch of GOP electors apparently have also voted, and *technically* they could have their votes counted instead of the electors that have been certified by the states, so that'll keep 'em going until the 6th. The only way the "alternate" electors could be counted is if both houses of the legislature vote for it, and there's no way the house will vote for that.

Also, Bill Barr is on his way out the door.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 14th, 2020 at 02:13 PM.