Page 1873 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 8731373177318231863187118721873187418751883192319732373 ... LastLast
Results 18,721 to 18,730 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    I was just reading Ars Technica's article about the Parler hack. It was...not much of a hack, but it was truly amateur level shit from Parler. It had nothing to do with the hacky trial version of Okta they were using, they had a public facing API that didn't bother checking auth at all and used entirely unobfuscated/unencrypted IDs for posts. It was literally just a matter of automating a script to do something like request https://api.parler.com/posts/1, https://api.parler.com/posts/2, etc etc until you ran out of posts.

Just not even a single thought about security or user's privacy at all, a wide open door sitting there waiting to be sauntered through.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Yeah there's a surprisingly large number of metal bands or their members on the alt-right spectrum. I always do a cursory search when I am taking stock of what bands I like, or potentially like.
    Speaking of...

Junior Potato
    Ooooh, yep. As about as detailed as I could ever imagine. It seems to be centred around the northern European black metal scene. A few bands I like are uncomfortably close to association with some infamous artists.

I watched C-span last night as they were debating and voting on a resolution to ask Pence to invoke the 25th. Seemed like a complete and utter waste of time, as Pence had already dismissed the idea. Why didn’t they just start impeachment proceedings yesterday? What a joke.

So fuck Pence, the spineless coward. To quote Triump: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done”. Wasn’t true a week ago, but definitely true today.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    yeah, congress's procedural procedures often seem like a waste of time

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Great Read! Thanks, Swerv!
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    I watched C-span last night as they were debating and voting on a resolution to ask Pence to invoke the 25th. Seemed like a complete and utter waste of time, as Pence had already dismissed the idea. Why didn’t they just start impeachment proceedings yesterday? What a joke.

So fuck Pence, the spineless coward. To quote Trump: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done”. Wasn’t true a week ago, but definitely true today.
    I dunno, I kinda buy his explanation that making a wide interpretation of the 25A would create a precedent that opens the door to unintended consequences.

He is still a Wuss, though. I believe the role of the vicepresidential figure is advisory, that it should help a head of state contrast what his inner circle tells him against what the political factions around the republic's leadership demand from the central government. If that were to be the case, he should have reigned him in years ago.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Great Read! Thanks, Swerv!
    Interesting read, but I’m not really a metal fan so...

On this forum, I only know for sure DN and YW like heavy metal, but surely they are not white supremacy fascists...

Anyway, I don’t really care how they call themselves, if you think it’s justifiable to cage people without due process, you’re in the wrong.

If you think you need to preemptively kill or hurt others in order to save yourself or your kind, you’re in the wrong.

Both fascists and antifascists can be in the wrong that way. USA also has been wrong plenty of times before Trump. Trump simply not only failed to make our nation great again, he has made us way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I dunno, I kinda buy his explanation that making a wide interpretation of the 25A would create a precedent that opens the door to unintended consequences.

He is still a Wuss, though. I believe the role of the vicepresidential figure is advisory, that it should help a head of state contrast what his inner circle tells him against what the political factions around the republic's leadership demand from the central government. If that were to be the case, he should have reigned him in years ago.
    Yeah, my sentiments as well.

From a Christian’s view point, at least based on the pussy grab incident, I didn’t think he was being a wuss. He didn’t defend Trump on that scandal at all and distanced himself. In the end, obviously he has forgiven or overlooked it... I’m assuming Trump repented? There’s no reason why a Christian should behave so ‘unforgivenly’... just as if Bill Clinton asks for forgiveness, surely most of us would give him that and wouldn’t mind he finishes his term in office.

If Pence is fully aware of all the evils Trump has done and didn’t reign him in, then yeah, I’d agree he’s a fucking wuss. However, i just don’t know that detail and it seems Trump is not that close with Pence, at least compared to his children. He was probably just a loyal pawn used to win more Christian votes. What else is Pence really good for?

If I were VP, would I do it? Yeah! I’d probably have done it or resigned, not now, but long ago. However, if he’s a genuine supporter of trump for the past 4 years, I can understand he probably doesn’t want to do it now...