Page 1875 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 8751375177518251865187318741875187618771885192519752375 ... LastLast
Results 18,741 to 18,750 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Defunding those specific police on the list should help the cause of BLM greatly.

Anyway, both German and Mexican leaders, neither one of them is a friend of trump but spoke against how the big tech companies shut trump down...

What do you guys think of that?

Personally I have no sympathy for Trump, but I have to agree this kind of whole sale ban is probably not necessary and it may also inadvertently push the trumpian extremists even further to the extreme...

Administrator
    We all worried that it was going to do that to Milo Yiannapoulos too. Yes, I understand, you're also asking "who?"

I get the fear, but *not* doing it lead to the President of the United States inciting an insurrection against his own government. I don't think not acting was an option.

Junior Potato
    These are my arguments in support of the move by various companies to restrict Trump:

1. Free speech only limits the government from prosecuting you for what you say; It does not apply to private institutions
    2. Free speech is not free of consequences
    3. Social media platforms each have a T.O.S. which users agree to while signing up for the service
    4. Social media platforms also have an obligation to ensure that certain types of speech (I.E. incitement to violence) are not allowed to be broadcast

However:

1. We should be weary of allowing singular large organisations to determine what messages are allowed to be seen
    2. We should also be weary of the laws that dictate what they can and cannot broadcast on our behalf
    3. And we should be weary of the governments that create these laws

Note that 'weariness' doesn't mean I am against the law in question - preventing the incitement to violence is something that I definitely do support for obvious reasons. What it does mean is that we can hold governments to account if we think they have overstepped the line by limiting the free sharing of ideas.

Here's something I am definitely against:

1. The slippery slope argument

That is all.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I would like to remind you all that the trump administration has not contacted the families of six hundred and eleven children who are held separate from their parents since they were detained trying to cross into the United States. For eighteen of those minors, public servants have no contacts of their parents.

Let that sink in.

A needlessly cruel policy is run by incompetent sadists.

A government program with no other objective than to cause emotional pain has ruined the lives of ay least 18 children.

That is the legacy of president trump.
    acket.

i couldn't give two shits about his Facebook, about his Twitter.

Fuck him, the worthless piece of shit.
    acket.

According to italian constitution to ben an italian you must be antifascist.
    According to our constitution fascism is a crime, nor an idea or an opinion.
    Ergo, you cannot do propaganda and/or create fascism parties or groups by law in here.
    You can only think fascist ideas on your own, and that's it.
    (That's the theory, practice is different, unfortunately).

So... no, for what concernes me, there's no freedom of speech allowed for fascists.
    Popper theory and all that: total intolerance of democracy towards intolerant (fascist) ideas and personalities.

Fuck Trump.

Junior Potato
    What Italy is known for:

Roman Empire
    Pasta
    V12 sports cars

Thankfully it is not known for fascism. That’s waaaay down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Fuck Trump.
    I just did a "fuck Trump" search in this thread for the hell of it. 3 pages of results, in which neanderthal and drew have 90% of it covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    What Italy is known for:

Mo' better?
    acket.