Page 1919 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 9191419181918691909191719181919192019211929196920192419 ... LastLast
Results 19,181 to 19,190 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Manlychin is clearly a Republican!

Wonder why he pretends to be a democrat. Wonder if his constituents know who they voted for...

I suppose we still need to thank him for giving dems a slight majority. Other than that, what is he good for?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    And much like Mo's anti-Bernie sentiments, I've learned to avoid paying attention to those posts.
    Remember, Bernie is the one who inserted the $15/ hour minimum wage in to the COVID bill. It's failure to pass is on HIM. Never mind that he was told that it wouldn't pass if he did so, but Bernie did what he does. And now people are mad at Democrats.

So expecting living wages for American workers is asking too much?

This is not handing out welfare to lazy bums here... this is workers’ wage! Americans should expect poverty wages?

Gee, Bernie, why are you so dreamy and unrealistic? Obviously also live in Winnie the Pooh land! Obviously you can’t possibly win the White House. Wake up Bernie! You might as well just give up and quit the senate and just go home. Quit wasting everybody’s time! Democrats would kick the shit out of the republicans if it weren’t for you messing around and giving everyone false hope...

BTW, Obamacare’s failures are also on Obama, huh? He freaking inserted that in our nation too. Nobody really asked for it. People continue to want to dismantle or repeal it. People are expecting too much. Free or affordable healthcare? In our dreams perhaps?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 5th, 2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    So expecting living wages for American workers is asking too much?

This is not handing out welfare to lazy bums here... this is workers’ wage! Americans should expect poverty wages?

Gee, Bernie, why are you so dreamy and unrealistic? Obviously also live in Winnie the Pooh land! Obviously you can’t possibly win the White House. Wake up Bernie! You might as well just give up and quit the senate and just go home. Quit wasting everybody’s time! Democrats would kick the shit out of the republicans if it weren’t for you messing around and giving everyone false hope...

BTW, Obamacare’s failures are also on Obama, huh? He freaking inserted that in our nation too. Nobody really asked for it. People continue to want to dismantle or repeal it. People are expecting too much. Free or affordable healthcare? In our dreams perhaps?
    Again, every time you post, I'm reminded that you barely have a shallow understanding of how things work.

It's not a dictatorship where one just rules by decree. There rules for how laws get enacted.

The best way to get the laws enacted is to overwhelmingly win all the contests in election day. That didn't happen, so blame all the people who didn't show up for Democrats in Maine, Kentucky, Alaska, South Carolina etc, and those were just some of the high profile votes. Some of us have only ever voted straight ticket for Democrats in every election we've voted in.

In the real world what Bernie has done here is what he normally does. And he's put 6 more Democrats on the spot come election time, with all this talk that's circulating.

This incident painfully reminds me of when he couldn't explain the mechanism by which he would enact the central plank of his platform.

That was deliberately worded because, despite being told not to do it, (talking this time again) *because it wouldn't pass,* he decided to force the inclusion of $15/hr minimum wage in the covid bill, lo and behold, IT DIDN'T PASS.

Deja fucking vu!!!

You others may not like my... anti Bernie crusade, but this is not unusual for him. This is right down his alley.

At the end of the day it would be GREAT if Bernie could find a way to get his ideas enacted, rather than grandstanding and generally fucking up things for the Democrats which he is wont to do. He is a terrible legislator, 30 years in the halls of Congress and no meaningful legislation to show for it in spite of all his mighty oratory, and it'd be great if his followers acolytes paid attention to that part.
    Last edited by neanderthal; March 6th, 2021 at 05:55 AM.

You answered all of my questions with just Bernie sucks as the only answer? And boy this answer is long!

So democrats should just wait for Bernie to die and voters to vote for them and wait for all the corporate moderates to agree with living wage?

Got it! You’re so smart!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 6th, 2021 at 06:41 AM.

"Bernie alienates his natural allies. He is completely ineffective as a lobbyist because he offends just about every one." Barney Frank. July 1991.

IIRC that was Bernie first year as a senator.

What's changed? Has he learned from all his years in the Senate?
    Last edited by neanderthal; March 6th, 2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    You answered all of my questions with just Bernie sucks as the only answer? And boy this answer is long!

So democrats should just wait for Bernie to die and voters to vote for them and wait for all the corporate moderates to agree with living wage?

Got it! You’re so smart!
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Again, every time you post, I'm reminded that you barely have a shallow understanding of how things work.

It's not a dictatorship where one just rules by decree. There rules for how laws get enacted.

The best way to get the laws enacted is to overwhelmingly win all the contests in election day. That didn't happen, so blame all the people who didn't show up for Democrats in Maine, Kentucky, Alaska, South Carolina etc, and those were just some of the high profile votes. Some of us have only ever voted straight ticket for Democrats in every election we've voted in.

In the real world what Bernie has done here is what he normally does. And he's put 6 more Democrats on the spot come election time, with all this talk that's circulating.

This incident painfully reminds me of when he couldn't explain the mechanism by which he would enact the central plank of his platform.

That was deliberately worded because, despite being told not to do it, (talking this time again) *because it wouldn't pass,* he decided to force the inclusion of $15/hr minimum wage in the covid bill, lo and behold, IT DIDN'T PASS.

Deja fucking vu!!!

You others may not like my... anti Bernie crusade, but this is not unusual for him. This is right down his alley.

At the end of the day it would be GREAT if Bernie could find a way to get his ideas enacted, rather than grandstanding and generally fucking up things for the Democrats which he is wont to do. He is a terrible legislator, 30 years in the halls of Congress and no meaningful legislation to show for it in spite of all his mighty oratory, and it'd be great if his followers acolytes paid attention to that part.
    So, your reading comprehension is terrible too. I've highlighted some of the many things i've said that discussed the issue and it's merits/ demerits without aluding to Bernies suckage. Like;
    * there is a process to how laws get enacted
    * The best way is winning elections overwhelmingly
    * that didn't happen
    * it needs to happen at all elections, including midterms (inferred)

I gave an example of how, prior, he couldn't even explain the details for how his signature platform item would work and be funded. It's an example of a pattern of big talk but no follow through; not knowing the execution of HOW to get that done. Not paying attention to the details of things get done. And, oh look, it's the very first fucking thing I said
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    there is a process to how laws get enacted."
    And you're mad at me for pointing out that your hero is all talk no action. All hat no cattle. That dog don't hunt. I think you're misdirecting your ire sir. I'm not the one who's job it is to enact legislation. Perhaps take a closer look at your valoured candidate and try to look at him with an unjaundiced eye.

In the real world Mitch only didn't do all that he wanted to do with his control of the 3 branches of legislation. Only the Trump tax cut. Sure, they appointed judges and commission people (oh, yes, Bernie was the one who held up President Obama's appointments to the post office board, DID YOU EVEN READ THE LINKS?) but that's what senators do when they're not passing laws.

So yeah, it would be great if you held Saint Bernie up to the light and examined him just a little bit more thoroughly. Because no super super majority, (control of 3 branches plus filibuster proof majority) no progressive agenda as you or he want it. THAT'S REALITY. That's the world we live in.
    Last edited by neanderthal; March 6th, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

It’s frustrating watching progressives and moderates fight on the Dem side when no Republicans voted for increased minimum wage at all.

You mean progressives are upset that "moderate" democrats decided to side with Republicans. No one expects the Republicans to vote for it, and hard to focus on them when they are getting support from your party.

Administrator
    I, for one, really enjoyed seeing Billi tell someone he thought their post was long-winded and went nowhere.