Page 1955 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 9551455185519051945195319541955195619571965200520552455 ... LastLast
Results 19,541 to 19,550 of 24878

Thread: Politics

In a previous post, I did say that intervention ought to be last resort... if it becomes clear that there's a genocide or something clearly immoral.

Did Jews ever threaten to wipe out Palestinians off of the earth? Or threaten to kill all Arabs? I thought it's usually the other way around? That's why we intervened to help Jews when they were at risk..., but now we over-helped them. They have became more powerful...

Just look at American history at our 'interventions' around the world. Even during WWII when we defeated that Nazis and the Japanese, that war seemed justifiable, but was it really that righteous of us to drop atomic bombs on innocent people? I'm not so sure... not to mention our other failed BS forever interventions around the world. Clearly majority of those were not very good answers. Not for the people we're trying to help nor was it good for the american people.

I'd like to hear greater answers if you have any. What would you do if you were commander-in-chief?

With regard to stopping American killing american indians... who's going to stop that? Canadians? Mexicans? Russians? Chinese? If you wish to intervene and stop that, I certainly won't stop you. Don't pin that on me. In order to play God, you have to have some power to play. Even when you do have the power, often times you'd end up making it worse. That's my point.

Actual wars will never yield good answers, let alone great ones. Actually, I do like the Cold War, that was good for the US economy and we had no casualties, but that was still pretty risky and scary at the time... shit could've gone wrong and we'll all end up dead...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 12th, 2021 at 07:23 AM.

I will always fall back on Uncle Ben when it comes to things like this, "With great power there must also come great responsibility". Israel has outsized economic, governmental, and military power when it comes to this “conflict”. Hamas aren’t exactly “good guys” by any stretch, but Israel needs to be the one acting responsibly. If a kid comes up to you and kicks you in the shin because you took their candy, your reaction shouldn’t be to chop their legs off. You cold have avoided being kicked if you treated the kid better in the first place.
    Last edited by Jason; May 12th, 2021 at 07:38 AM.

Billi, what I was saying is that putting things like wars and conflicts "in god's hands" is a really convenient and complete cop-out so that you don't have to feel responsible to the condition of the world outside your house.
    Also, I'd like to note that there were plenty of casualties in the cold war, even if you don't count the Korean and Vietnam wars as part of it. They just didn't put "and today there were another 100 deaths in the Cold War" on the news. Instead of stand up battles between superpowers, we worked mostly through proxies and military/intelligence service "advisors".
    -Formerly Stabulator

Uncle Ben is wise, but he's dead because Peter Parker followed my advice to let God and do nothing, right? My advice is definitely not the most ideal..., but Peter Parker really didn't have good intentions when he let God... We probably shouldn't be secretly happy about somebody experiencing bad things and do absolutely nothing nor should we pretend to see and hear no evil. That's not what I wasn't proposing. We could certainly sanction such a nation or thru other means? I'm just promoting this as if it's star trek's prime directive. Try our best to not intervene(thru war), because usually we'll just mess it up even more. However, when shit is really really bad? I suppose we gotta do what we gotta do if all other options failed.

Anyway, I just don't believe the US government is half as decent as the typical Spider Man. Our government is more like a villain, whenever it intervened, it is probably doing so to protect its own interests. The world does not need that kind of police. Until the day American people are happy with our own police, then perhaps we can consider becoming world police. Until then, we should mind our own business more... unless somebody defenseless is really hurting and begging us to help...

I hope you understand my intend better? I didn't mean it as a cop out, I just think we're lousy cops... so we ought to stay away and not make situations worse. We don't need to be bringing guns to the table as the only solution to problems.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 12th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Billi, what I was saying is that putting things like wars and conflicts "in god's hands" is a really convenient and complete cop-out so that you don't have to feel responsible to the condition of the world outside your house.
    Also, I'd like to note that there were plenty of casualties in the cold war, even if you don't count the Korean and Vietnam wars as part of it. They just didn't put "and today there were another 100 deaths in the Cold War" on the news. Instead of stand up battles between superpowers, we worked mostly through proxies and military/intelligence service "advisors".
    He *really* thinks "thoughts and prayers" is a viable means of solving some of these conflicts and issues. Not being sarcastic; he does. It explains a lot.

Oh, they love it. The crazies I have met who straight out talk about worshipping false idols and say that history proves Christianity is best because it took over the Roman Empire, blah blah blah. Everything is twisted to suit their narrative. So easy. Things go well? "Proof that God loves me/it!" Things not going well? "This is a test from God!" Don't get me started on how that lot claim to be the only Christians around and Roman Catholics don't deserve to be called that. When everyone else is just laughing as they consider the lot of them Christians.

Whether by force or not, Christians do dominate the world. I am including Catholics. That’s the reality whether you like it or not. Jews and their Torah continued on even after major empires have long disappeared. What can we do?

Just look at the founder though, WWJD? He conquered the world not by force but by sacrificing himself on the cross because he loves us.

Lastly, Jesus is not republican, nor democrat. Jesus is not even American nor is he white. He is buddies with whoever wish to be his buddy. If we ever achieve world peace, it’ll be because of him. Without him, the Europeans are probably still barbarians.

Anyway, you guys still don’t get it? Besides laughing at Billi, what would you guys do to solve this problem?

Don’t just belittle others, blame other while you also have no idea what you would do.

Plenty of folks laughed at Jesus who died on the cross. Even if Jesus is pure fiction… plenty of folks have laughed at Christians, or people who are naive enough to believe whatever… but what better alternatives are you offering those who needs to lean on something to go on?

If all you have is meaningless existence, then you can enjoy that yourself. I won’t laugh at you. Just enjoy while you can. I just don’t think you’re in a good position to laugh at others.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 12th, 2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    He *really* thinks "thoughts and prayers" is a viable means of solving some of these conflicts and issues. Not being sarcastic; he does. It explains a lot.
    I thought you’re some sort of believer too? Guess not. Thoughts and prayers are obviously completely useless because republicans are doing it to shift responsibilities?

Anyway, personally yes, when I don’t know what to do, I pray and ask God for direction. Pretty silly thing for people to do, huh?

You know me. I’m silly Billi!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    It could be argued that most conflicts and wars are/were caused by religion, or religious influence.

So, fuck them.

I'd say wars or whatever physical conflicts are caused by our run away emotions. We rarely rationally and logically conclude that we need to wage war on somebody or to invade somebody. We are emotional beings.

Now I do agree religions can provoke lots of emotions.

When emotions run wild, shit can happen.

Instead of blaming religions for our own misdeeds, humanity really ought to blame ourselves for our own screw ups.

Unfortunately, even since the beginning, humanity tried to avoid responsibility. Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent... We are supposedly their sorry offsprings. Thank goodness that God still loves us and never abandoned us...

Anyway, regardless of your belief, we just need to learn to pick up our own responsibilities. Blaming others' pretty useless. Palestinians need to be responsible for their own actions. Likewise the Jews. We don't need to be intervening over there all the time. There are no lack of wars... nor lacking peace talks. If you guys have other better solutions, please share. If not, feel free to pick on and blame Billi and religion see if that'll help make our world a better place?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 12th, 2021 at 02:23 PM.