Page 1965 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9651465186519151955196319641965196619671975201520652465 ... LastLast
Results 19,641 to 19,650 of 24778

Thread: Politics

Tweet seems accurate. and on point for Andrew Yang.
    And that's why popularity in the polls this far out doesn't mean shit.

Name changes all the time! Before we had Kings and Queens, now we have public servants or politicians. Things did improve a little bit compared to before, right?

Anyway, I have to agree Andrew Yang really did not need to pander to the rich and powerful Jews in NYC with that supporting Israel tweet. That's something typical politicians would do. I personally have deducted some points off of him with that tweet. If you want to set yourself apart from the rest of the politicians, you really shouldn't be doing what typical politicians do.

Over analyzing his tweets is meaningless. Just as people over-analyzing Elon's tweets. Who cares? As long as you get the job done, tweets are meaningless. If you're elected only by 'popular' tweets like Trump, you probably won't be very long lasting anyway.

There's no guarantee Yang will become the next mayor, he could very well end up like Bernie... as the rest of the field consolidates, he'll end up getting out numbered...

Still, if the 'established' politicians have done a good job, voters most likely would not even consider an 'outsider' for the job.

I really don't understand why you love those 'established' out of touch candidates so much. Most of them don't even know how much their medium homes cost in their own city!?!?!? Why would anyone vote for such clueless people to represent them? Most of our 'established' public servants are living as if they're kings and queens and believe people should just eat cake if they don't have bread! And $15/hr would allow average people a fancy dinner! That's too much. We can't let them have that!

When there's bipartisan voter support to raise the min wage, yet there's a bipartisan congressional support to deny raising the min wage... that's when anti-establishment sentiments grow... and people like Yang and Trump start to pop up. Oh, and not all anti-establishment candidates are like Trump. You really don't need to attack them all as if they're all cancer. The real cancerous tumor is growing within the establishment.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2021 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Tweet seems accurate. and on point for Andrew Yang.
    And that's why popularity in the polls this far out doesn't mean shit.
    I agree with Henry Golding.

Yang also attempted to reinvent domestic violence shelters.
    Shockingly, it turns out the millionaire techbro doesn't have much of a handle on the real world. He really seems like the exact same type of guy who independently comes up with "What if we made a really big van, and it would run a route and then stop at predetermined places where people can get on or off, and we would charge them a fee for this transportation?"
    Yeah, you just came up with the idea of a bus, dipshit.
    -Formerly Stabulator

If the wheel is already functioning properly, I'd agree that there's no point reinventing the wheel. I'm assuming he didn't just want to reinvent the domestic violence shelters because that program has been working so well? It's as if everyone who can afford healthcare already has one, we don't really need Obama to reinvent healthcare and upset status quo yo! It's already expensive enough! Don't mess with it!!!

I also love how reporters like to quiz Yang using code names... "what do you think of repealing 50A?" What? You don't know what that is? All politicians need to know that! It doesn't matter if politicians are clueless about how much housing costs, but you gotta know what 50A is dude! That's how you get shit done in politics while ignoring the real needs of the people!

Seriously Josh, what is more real? To know how ordinary people live their lives(like knowing how much housing costs) or to know the ins and outs of politics and to maintain status quo... because everything is working just fine? People should be grateful how established politicians are working so hard for them? I really think it's the career politicians who are the ones out of touch with reality.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

I dunno, I'd maybe expect a guy running for mayor of NYC to be at least familiar with a pretty controversial law governing records of police behavior after the past few years of literally everything involving the police.
    I mean, I know what it is and I live 1200 miles away- but I'm probably a special case.
    -Formerly Stabulator

The guy didn't even vote during the last mayoral race I think... yeah, I think he is probably the 'special case'.

For such an outsider to be leading the mayoral race should be indicative of how lame of a job typical career politician is doing.

Hopefully Yang won't be another Trump, but anti-establishment sentiment is still high, not only in red states, but in NYC as well. Our politicians are catering more to the rich and ignoring the mass. This has been a bipartisan effort for a while now.

Dems really need to adapt and figure out a way to integrate these more progressive candidates to the party rather than double down on being proud of the 'establishment' and cast the progressives as idiots who can't get things done.

If Bernie Sander is really annoying... well then the party better find ways to narrow the gap between rich and poor somehow so that you can shut Bernie up! If you do a good job, voters won't be crazy enough to vote for an inexperienced outsider.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 21st, 2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I agree with Henry Golding.

Had to look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yang also attempted to reinvent domestic violence shelters.
    Shockingly, it turns out the millionaire techbro doesn't have much of a handle on the real world. He really seems like the exact same type of guy who independently comes up with "What if we made a really big van, and it would run a route and then stop at predetermined places where people can get on or off, and we would charge them a fee for this transportation?"
    Yeah, you just came up with the idea of a bus, dipshit.
    Weren't the uber founders trying to do that at one time? I thought someone really tried to rebrand buses like they weren't already a thing.
    But yeah, total tech bro move.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    I dunno, I'd maybe expect a guy running for mayor of NYC to be at least familiar with a pretty controversial law governing records of police behavior after the past few years of literally everything involving the police.
    I mean, I know what it is and I live 1200 miles away- but I'm probably a special case.
    Not to mention, women escaping domestic abuse at specific shelters for them IS ordinary people living their lives.