Page 20 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

SCA5 is a proposed ballot measure to amend the CA constitution. Still has to pass the Assembly to even get on the ballot. Email your local representative.
    Whoomah!

I'm uncertain how to react to such a measure. Clearly it's a measure against MY people, but I can also understand UCs don't want to end up with entirely asian student body which doesn't truly reflect the state's population.

Current laws clearly don't help UC student bodies to truly reflect the state's population. My nephew currently attending UC Irvine is shocked at how many asian students there. So I'm not sure if status quo is really the right way either.

If we truly want diversity, for sure current laws need to be tweaked a bit, but I'm not sure SCA5 is really the way to go... maybe schools just need to accept % of each ethnicity group that truly reflect the population? But then even that may be discriminatory... especially for white folks. See Obama is half white, but no longer considered as white. Once white folks breed with other color, white is basically gone! Diversity is sort of like 'genocide' for white folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Considering that we can have black history month... gay pride parade, I don't see any problems with white people being proud of being white.
    I'd rather celebrate my "Polish/Scots-Irish/Alsatian" pride.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Or my Scots/English/Irish/Dutch/German/Cherokee pride?

You gotta love it.

I wonder exactly what Bible these conservative pundits are reading. I consider myself a Christian. You wouldn't know it from how I impose my values on anyone, because I don't impose my values on anyone.

The Bible I read says I should worry more about my Christian walk than their waslk. That I should use my life as a light to shine, rather than to judge. Etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Jason, you sure do apologize for the right a lot. I try to be fair too, but I think it's gone well past that.

There is definitely more of it going on from one party, when people from other countries are even calling them out on it.
    It's not apologizing or defending "the right", it's understanding and recognizing that the system itself is broken, and that both sides are wholly corrupt. One side happens to align more with my social views when it benefits them, but that's about it.

AZ: Gays suck, it's immoral, we should do something about it. But lets make sure we word it kinda sneaky like, so no one will bat an eye.

Sports: Well, we certainly can't bring our big money events to AZ now. We support equality, and anything less would damage our brand.

AZ: Oh.. uh... hahah, just kidding. We LOVE the gays! #lolfunnyjokes

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Considering that we can have black history month... gay pride parade, I don't see any problems with white people being proud of being white... as long as they didn't hurt anybody or promote hatred.
    Sorry, but no. At least not in the way of "pride". White people have systemic power. Every day is a "pride" day. Every movie, every song, every corporation, every politician, is essentially a celebration of white power. So, no.. us white people don't get to do the same sort of thing. Black pride, gay pride, etc is about trying to celebrate a culture that's been shat on by straight white people. It's about trying to promote equality. If you celebrate whiteness, you're basically celebrating racism, xenophobia, appropriation, slavery, etc.

Wanna Fight?
    Billi has no problem with slavery, remember? He said so openly.