Page 2081 of 2185 FirstFirst ... 1081158119812031207120792080208120822083209121312181 ... LastLast
Results 20,801 to 20,810 of 21842

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Newly-inaugurated president Gabriel Boric Font has appointed Maya Fernández Allende as the Minister of the Armed Forces of Chile.

Yes, her.

Kissinger and all his goons must be chuffed.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Salvador Allende is one of the lay saints of our patria grande (great fatherland), in case you're wondering of the importance.
    acket.

Have you guys seen all the publicity about the M&M makeovers? About making them M&M characters less sexy or more up to date? It's interesting why a giant chocolate company is so concerned about the image of their chocolaty characters that they probably spent a lot of money to make the changes... not to mention we have both Stephan Colbert and Tucker Carlson mocking such changes on their shows...

However, we Americans don't really care most of the chocolates we love to eat came from slave child labors from Africa! Even the supreme court ruled 8:1 that US chocolate companies cannot be responsible for the little children forced to pick beans in Africa. Not our problem. We just eat a lot of the damn thing... and we only need to talk about how we should draw our chocolates. Hey, no hard feelings, we don't even care if our own workers have living wages or not... why the heck should we care about child slave labors in Africa, right? Maybe if CCP takes over Africa then maybe we'll care? Oh, btw, at least we freed our slaves. That counts for something, right?

Both party leaders, I guess even our supreme court, are only interested in BS political fights and not really interested in solving actual problems because the rich has grabbed all of them by the balls or pussies...

I'm still hoping Biden won't disappoint me for the next 3 years. Hey, I don't need him to actually succeed... just like Bernie Sanders appears to be a failure if you only look at accomplishments... I just want politicians who'll actually fight for the people so that at least we can be more hopeful about our future...

Let's go Biden! Forget about voter approval nor seeking reelection. Please do the right things and keep on the fight for the people who needs your help!

Administrator
    I kinda hope you get that Colbert and Carlson were coming from very different angles here. Colbert was making fun of the fact that it was a news story at all, Carlson was mad because he can no longer get hard when he looks at the green one.

But I think the most salient point here is that nobody here cared. Just like most of the country. A company did a thing. So what? Why has it even been brought up here?

Of course Colbert and tucker see different angles… anyway, the fact that a company would invest money on such thing is indicative of enough of the public probably do actually care, so their PR dept probably suggested the change? Or maybe they’re trying to push certain agendas? Or they just have too much money and time to burn?

Anyway, it’d be nice if we actually care more for the slave child labors. But who has time for them and all our essential labors?

Although our govt failed to raise min wage, I think God or market forces have cause a bit of rise in min wage anyways. I’ve see a lot more stores closing due to lack of staff. Also seeing wanted signs on store front indicating that their base pay will be a lot higher than min wage… the pandemic induced great resignation isn’t all bad I guess…

It's advertising for lollies.

If a company wants to do it, it's their friggen company.

If people can see representation of people (?) they relate to in said lollies, cool.

As usual, a whole lotta old white dudes need to take a breath (coming from a dude who is very white, and coming up on 50 way too quickly).
    Last edited by Leon; January 24th, 2022 at 08:47 PM.

Administrator
    How much money do you think they invested in a pretty minor redesign? Do you think they did it because of wokeness, or because they thought it might get them more business? Do you think a company the size of M&M Mars would do something out of anything outside of them running through various focus groups and market research and thinking that it would make them more money?

My inclination is wondering why you've brought up something that's barely newsworthy unless you're Tucker Carlson and super upset that you can't jack off to M&M commercials anymore, but I think maybe you were saying that you'd like to see the media focus more on the plight of child laborers that help us make our treats rather than on the advertising campaigns of those treat purveyors?

In that case, I think we'd all agree. If I'm right, maybe try to dance around it less. Colbert made jokes about how inane it is vs. Carlson being sad that he no longer feels his dick twinge when he sees an M&M's ad - mentioning the two of them focused attention on a non-issue and completely obfuscated what I think was your point. If I'm right about your point, almost your entire post just danced around making that actual point. A point that I think most of us would agree with.

If I'm wrong, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You got my point. However I didn’t think I was dancing around but actually pointing out why a candy company think it’s necessary to make such tweaks and why do we need so much free publicity for that? Naturally Colbert could only make fun of such absurdity, but it gave more fuel for tucker to set bigger fires at liberals…

Anyway, glad at least you got and agree with my point. I just thought our nation is pretty fucked up… wish leadership will someday grow a heart somehow… voting is just futile at the moment. When Bernie dies, I’m not sure if I’d ever want to vote anymore. Hope I will eventually find the next Bernie. I thought Andrew Yang was it, but he’s been a let down…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 24th, 2022 at 09:54 PM.

Administrator
    Looks like Tucker and Stephen did their bits on the same day, so it's hard to blame one or the other for it.

Reading it again, I get what you were leading up to. I honestly can't re-read it without thinking you're trying to draw a comparison between those two rather than the point you're going for. I think you're right, you're not dancing around it, but you're sorta meandering towards it. Maybe lead with the point, then follow it up with the rest? "This M&M distraction bugs me - I wish we'd focus on the child labor involved in making the candy we eat here instead of amplifying an ultimately pointless ad messaging change."

I dunno - I have to admit I see your posts with a jaundiced eye, but even after re-reading a few times it's a pretty circuitous route to get to the main gist.

I do appreciate you taking the time and effort to even try to get my point. You’ve already given up on Jordan Peterson, who probably doesn’t have as much trouble communicating his thoughts as I do!

I guess years of virtual friendship is still capable of overcoming some ’ jaundice eye’!

Cool. That made me feel a bit better. Thanks.