Page 2097 of 2491 FirstFirst ... 1097159719972047208720952096209720982099210721472197 ... LastLast
Results 20,961 to 20,970 of 24901

Thread: Politics

There was a good Greatest Hits article by Al-Jazeera, including on one of their own reporters:
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...sion-criticism
    The CBS guy is still the undisputed champion.

Frankly I’m a bit shell shocked to find even some of the folks here to be so unsympathetic about white Christian westerners suffering…

Anyway, I can only imagine what the rest of the world really think of the white Christian west… the conspiracy theorist in me is beginning to think ‘their’ ultimate goal is to bring the white Christian western worlds to their knees.

China, India, Saudi Arabia and even Israel are the new Swiss bankers. Western world can sanction all they want, but guess what? Putin has been preparing for sanctions. They are energy and food exporters! So what if the west denies Russians iPhones? What will you eat? What will you burn as fuel? Saudis have no plans to increase production even if oil gets to $1000/barrel.

Invasion of Ukraine absolutely made no sense, but I’m fearing that this is just the beginning of a new world order. They are prepping to knock the rich white Christian men off their high horse.

Putin is a rich white man, but since the west never embraced him, so he probably figured screw the west…

If there’s really a sinister plot to bring down the west or America, 9/11, the election meddling, the global pandemic all made sense now…

Of course I’m still hoping Putin is just a mad man and Tom Cruise under IMF would just go in and assassinate Putin and end this nightmare…

WW3 is probably happening… I always thought perhaps Xi would be the one who start something, but I guess it’s probably good that it wasn’t him, or else Me and my family would be targeted for some more racism…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 1st, 2022 at 06:24 PM.

Administrator
    Okay, that's 15 yards for unsportsmanlike nonsense.

Where do you claim to see people unsympathetic to white Christian suffering?

Also, you gotta lay off the Infowars, brother.

Don’t read infowars at all.

Mario, Neanderthal and YW.

I guess I can understand why they dislike rich white Christians, I can understand that they’re pissed at racism coming from white westerners. Even you probably harbor some shame about your Christian past, right? Anyway, don’t mean to pass judgements on anyone, just making observations. You know, people here are still very closely associated to the western culture, so I can only imagine the hatred for America and the west from some of those who live in Africa, China, India, Middle East. Even Israel is probably tired of hand outs from the Christian US… every nationalist in their respective country probably wants to make his own nation great again…

Anyway, like I said, just making a wild guess trying to make sense of Putin’s nonsense.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 1st, 2022 at 07:35 PM.

Administrator
    All I saw them do was call out racism that's happening now. I agree with them that it sucks that Poland is (possibly) turning non-white people away from the border and that should change. But sympathy isn't a zero-sum game - you can have sympathy for the white Christian Ukrainians too. It does bother me that for some reason Ukraine is getting vastly more attention than places like Yemen or Kosovo or Georgia, though I think that part of it is also the sheer scale of the invasion - this is an attempt to basically take over an entire sovereign nation, and I don't know if we've seen something quite on this scale since Iraq and Kuwait. But it's entirely possible to criticize our lack of response to other conflicts and the way that the refugee crisis is being handled without discounting what's happening now. I think I've made it clear that this upsets me vastly more than a number of other people here yet I also am disgusted by some of the news reports coming out about the Polish border control and how they're treating non-white people fleeing the violence. The positive side is I've also seen plenty of reports of the citizens, both Ukrainian and Polish, who have welcomed everyone regardless of race or creed.

Also, let's not forget a lot of Ukrainians are Jewish, not Christian. Including Zelenskyy.

When you say "your [my] Christian past", I'm assuming you mean my ancestors who were Christian as I don't really have any personal Christian past to speak of. I do not harbor any shame about that, just like I wouldn't if they were Jewish or Muslim or Hindu or what have you. You continually try to ascribe to me this animosity against Christianity that I just don't have. I think a lot of bad things have been done in the name of Christianity throughout the centuries, just like they were for other religions. Being introspective and potentially critical isn't shame. I have relatives in the clergy, I don't think less of them just because I also recognize the atrocities that have been carried out throughout history in the name of Christianity.

If you haven't started reading/watching Infowars, definitely don't start now. You're going down the same conspiracy theory hole that my boss is, and nothing good comes from there.

Don’t worry, I’m have no desire for info wars. I’m just trying to explain to myself why would Putin invade Ukraine. It might be that he’s mad, but I think there’s probably a more sinister plot given the responses I see in UN.

You're a moron.

Everyone knows that already. Can you instead share your guess of why Putin has seemingly gone mad?

At least Israel and the Saudis are no longer abstaining…

Hopefully China will soon decide to help persuade Putin to stop…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 5th, 2022 at 10:21 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Why is Imperator Iosephvs Bidennius not negotiating with Governor Guaidonis of the Province of Venetiola?

Oh, right... because Juan Fucking Guaido is a media figure and not an actual politician who has done any groundwork and he is someone who wields zero power.

Oops, my bad!
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    We all know that guy from HS.

acket.