Page 2125 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 1125162520252075211521232124212521262127213521752225 ... LastLast
Results 21,241 to 21,250 of 24770

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Dems can be good at operating the outrage machines as well
    They can be, but they've got nothing on the right when it comes to just being the overarching strategy. There are multiple cable news networks that spend 24/7 ginning up that outrage. The election was stolen, covid is a hoax, whites are being replaced, child sex trafficking is rampant and the democrats are the ones doing it, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    They've got them, but the meeedja tells people otherwise.
    Take the recent failure for senate to codify abortion rights. Not sure why it needs to wait 50 years, but anyway, we still couldn’t get it done today with a senate majority. I guess we can blame Bernie and Billi for that because if such deplorable people don’t exist, they’d not be able to harm the dem party so much.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but just saying that dems like Neanderthal really should learn to harness energy from Bernie rather than constantly seeing him as the enemy.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 13th, 2022 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They can be, but they've got nothing on the right when it comes to just being the overarching strategy. There are multiple cable news networks that spend 24/7 ginning up that outrage. The election was stolen, covid is a hoax, whites are being replaced, child sex trafficking is rampant and the democrats are the ones doing it, etc etc etc.
    Anyway, point is these rage machines won’t save you if you don’t do a good job. Trump lost because he fucked up!

Biden really inherited a mess, but if Brandon doesn’t make things go better, and if we failed to lock him up, we just might make America trumpian again!!!

Take the recent failure for senate to codify abortion rights. Not sure why it needs to wait 50 years, but anyway, we still couldn’t get it done today with a senate majority. I guess we can blame Bernie and Billi for that because if such deplorable people don’t exist, they’d not be able to harm the dem party so much.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic, but just saying that dems like Neanderthal really should learn to harness energy from Bernie rather than constantly seeing him as the enemy.
    The filibuster exists, and having 60 votes in the Senate, a majority in the House, and a Dem POTUS at the same time is a very tall order. Think it's only happened once for like a year or two since Roe v Wade was decided.

Agree that it's a tall order. However, the reality is that we don't even need filibuster or supermajority to be in the way of getting the job done. We have Bernie Manchin derailing us every step of the way!

Dems need to be more unified and be more representative of the average folks. Not just the lobbyists and various 'minorities'. We need a majority to win votes!

Isn't it mind boggling that we had a billionaire republican running to represent the average americans? Shouldn't that be democrat's job?!?!? I just think democrats have lost its way. Obama has been the classic example. He started out running against Hillary(and the establishment) just like Bernie, but he ended his 8 years as if he is Hillary. It's just unfortunate that Bernie Sanders is a white old male and not very charismatic...

I'm also beginning to doubt Biden... I wonder if he knew about the upcoming conflict with Russia... that's why he was able to pull out of Afghanistan? The home I bought early 2021 south of Seattle was owned by some high ranking army guy who got promoted/transferred to some UN/NATO gig in Poland. Maybe it's all coincidence, but considering how accurate the intelligence Biden had about Russia before the war...

Anyway, forever wars need to stop and government needs to focus more on the well being of its people. Anti-establishment sentiments didn't come about for no reason.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 13th, 2022 at 08:55 AM.

Administrator
    Anyway, point is these rage machines won’t save you if you don’t do a good job. Trump lost because he fucked up!
    Disagree. There are plenty of Republican senators still thriving off things like ginning up "death panels" in the face of a public healthcare option. They literally got people to vote against their own best interests by scaring them with outrage, ignoring that there are death panels right now made up of corporate executives that you don't even have the opportunity to vote out if you don't like their decisions.

Trump's one example where he didn't manage to hang onto the office (I won't say he hasn't managed to hang onto power, he still has a terrifying amount of sway over the party), but there are tons of examples of people still happily serving in public office who haven't done shit other than get people outraged about the "others."

Well, in predominantly red or blue states, it’s much easier to hang on to power while doing nothing. Voters likely won’t switch party no matter what.

In purple districts or for POTUS, if you do a poor job, voters will usually blame you by voting the other party. Rage machines will likely work as a challenger when those in power did a poor job. However, I kinda doubt one can maintain power by getting your constituents mad all the time.

Btw, besides minimizing lobbying influences, we also need to gerrymander every district in America to the color purple so that politicians can no longer cater just to one side…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 13th, 2022 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Thanks mainly to the media, emotional voting, and the interests of those in power, votes in certain places are indeed won and lost by way of pithy catchphrases.
    Votes and wars. Most of you guys know about this already, I'm sure: Wikipedia: "Remember the Maine! To hell with Spain!"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Is the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh getting any coverage in MSM?

I think she also held American citizenship.
    It's getting a *whole* lot of attention now that there's video of the Israeli police kicking the shit out of the pallbearers carrying her coffin.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's getting a *whole* lot of attention now that there's video of the Israeli police kicking the shit out of the pallbearers carrying her coffin.
    That shit was medieval.

Edit: I had not seen the coffin itself, she was a christian.
    acket.