Page 2162 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1162166220622112215221602161216221632164217222122262 ... LastLast
Results 21,611 to 21,620 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Junior Potato
    I mean, the shades of “But I wanna go to McDonald’s!” are intense

Administrator
    Today was both intense and hilarious on that front. Like, if he wasn't getting so close to absolutely destroying America, this would be incredibly funny.

Time to re-post this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesusland_map lollllllllllllllllllllllll

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    What exactly do you count as a bill? Because it looks AOC has sponsored 31 bills. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Granted it may not be as many as others. But, it's not exactly zero. It looks like 11 of them have become law. So I don't know why people are saying she does nothing. Maybe I am reading it wrong. https://www.congress.gov/search?q=%7...BD-NY%5D%22%7D

"In the U.S. Congress, a sponsor is a senator or representative - or even a delegate from a U.S. territory - who introduces a bill or an amendment to a bill. Occasionally, a committee is identified as the sponsor of a bill, but this is rare."
    What I mean by that is; she wrote the bill, got cosponsors, the bill was taken up by the sub committee, and passed, the bill was then taken up in the house, and passed, then taken up in the senate, and passed, then signed into law by the president.

On that page you linked, I don't see a single bill that passed except for one that passed by a voice vote. However I don't see where it passed the senate, or became law. I see a bunch of amendments, most of which "failed in the yeas or nays" and a bunch of others that were submitted but failed.

Here is the link on the same site for Lauren Underwood's achievements. https://www.congress.gov/member/laur...erwood/U000040 I believe they've both been in the congress since 2019.

Here is the page for AOC, showing the bills she has written or cosponsored that became law.
    24 of them. Many of which are renaming post offices. None of which she appears to have actually wrote.

I prefer using govtrack.

Govtrack page for AOC.

Govtrack page for Lauren Underwood.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity about my methodology.

Many people go through the Congress and don't pass any bills. That's the sad truth. But to be so overtly out there and vocal and not ... actually achieving anything?!?!?!? (the metric i'm using is passing bills. I'm criticising the all talk, no action faction.) Shades of Bernie. To quote someone (HRC?) "no one likes him." Being a congressperson that gets bills passed means getting along with your fellow congress critters, well enough to have their ear when you want to suggest something or write law (bills.) Because those compatriots need to cosponsor, then vote for, said bills.

Bernie. Abrasive. Mouthy. Achieved a lot of nothing.
    AOC. Abrasive. Mouthy. Going a long way to achieving a lot of nothing.

To quote Al Franken "In the Senate I think I liked Ted Cruz the most, and I hate him."

Whatever metric you use, dems have done way too little and way too late.

GOP is fucking ridiculous that’s a given, but dems really have little or no response except to recite poems and do the hide your head in the sand yoga poses…

Oh yeah, let’s not forget to blame Bernie, AOC and Billi for doing nothing. Dems are just so amazingly productive.

Bernie and AOC should be assets rather than enemies of the liberals. Blaming the GOP and progressives won’t help you win elections. If you really don’t want to work with abrasive progressives, then get the job done! Then surely we’ll all shut the fuck up and vote for you!

Now at the moment, we all have to vote for dems because it’s no longer about lesser evil, but actually fighting evil. Hope you’re happier now?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2022 at 10:19 PM.

I saw clips of that woman testifying yesterday and it’s some crazy shit. The word “devastating” is being thrown around by various media outlets to describe Trump. Still…I don’t think anything will happen to him. Someone somewhere somehow will get paid off and Trump will escape justice yet again just like the impeachments, and he will be your next President in 2024. The system is so corrupt that you can’t trust it.

I hope I’m wrong.

I fear you might not be wrong...

I pray that this hearing or whatever other future legal proceedings will finally bring down Trump in a legal lawful manner without any hint of partisan politics. I hope they get Clarence Thomas's wife too and then hopefully he can also resign his post in shame being married to this 'criminal' wife.

I'm going to assume you guys won't have any problem with such prayer, right?

America cannot keep on going in THAT direction...

Oh I hope God will answer this prayer...

Of course I also pray that dems will begin to pay more attention to the will of the people than the will of corporations. Let the Republicans worry about the welfare of the corporations. One party to take care of the corporations should be enough. We don't need both parties looking out for them.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 29th, 2022 at 10:42 AM.

rich and white, ain't jack shit happening

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-ag...125704694.html

"Secret Service agents are willing to testify that former President Donald Trump did not try to lunge at them or take control of the vehicle to direct the car to the Capitol as agents were driving on January 6, 2021, CBS News and NBC News reported."

At least it's not reported by FOX.

Is this hearing actually more like Netflix's "drive to survive"? Very dramatic, but not actually what really happened?

Politicians are playing both sides as fools and want us to hate each other so that we'll keep on voting them as less of the 2 evils.

They're fucking both evil.

I only agree to vote left now because the left is currently severely out of balance... not because of any love I have for them.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 29th, 2022 at 11:33 AM.