Page 2221 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 1221172121212171221122192220222122222223223122712321 ... LastLast
Results 22,201 to 22,210 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid86 View Post
    The current situation really blurs the lines between "politics" and basic human decency.

A world where Elon is $44 billion poorer after his purchase tanks would be so much safer.

Separately: I'm amazed how people are so readily willing to blame the government for gas prices, but won't take a critical look at Big Oil's record windfalls. Humans are a hard breed to figure out. I saw a guy with a "Friends of Coal" T-shirt on today. Might as well be a club that campaigns for throwing car batteries into the ocean.

How many days until the midterms?
    The situation in Texas is bleak.
    All the top leaders are either proven ineffective, indicted, outright and openly racist, or a combination of all. And due to gerrymandering, they're almost all assured a win.
    Recently saw a video trying to figure out Elon’s true motive for Twitter. It’s not really about free speech nor democracy, but about picking up where Facebook libra failed to do. It’s the former PayPal mafia’s attempt to take over or by pass the central bank with cryptocurrency.

If this is accomplished, I suppose this could be way more important for humanity than colonizing mars. If this is known by the establishment, I suppose it’s more understandable why Biden admin hates him now?

As for gas prices, when we have the same Saudis, oil companies, however gas prices doubled from Trump to Biden, people cannot be upset about that? Yeah, Biden shouldn’t be held fully accountable for gas prices, but presidents are usually the scapegoats when economy goes south.

What is really scary to me is 2024. GOP wins and achieves minority rule. Or dem wins and then they double down on election fraud… typically civil wars are started by the privileged minorities who began to lose power. Jan 6 2024 sequel might be scarier than the 1st.

I wonder where pentagon stands politically.

Administrator
    Trying not to turn this into the "Elon is dumb" thread, but this one was so on the nose that it's almost hard to believe that he'd really ban the guy making fun of him. That said, he did ban that guy.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I thought i needed to do a backup of my twitter bookmarks this week. I'm going to miss the great resources for people in uni that are there.

Anyway, the academics® better start doing their posting on mastodon soon.

:shrugs:
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid86 View Post
    The current situation really blurs the lines between "politics" and basic human decency.

A world where Elon is $44 billion poorer after his purchase tanks would be so much safer.
    Unfortunately, similar to Trump, much of the Twitter purchase was done with other people's money. That's why he treats it like a toy and not an actual business.

Time will tell.

If Twitter doesn’t eventually make a profit and move society forward somehow, then for sure he has lost it.

Elon Musk probably isn’t as smart as Nikolas Tesla, but he probably has more business sense. I’m just hoping once he made it big, he won’t lose himself. At this stage of the game, it’s honestly difficult to assess.

Anyway, you don’t have to buy and support Tesla or spaceX, but if you truly believe Tesla and SpaceX has turned humanity backwards, you have to ask yourself why you believe that?

Like I’ve said earlier, I now think this is the beginning of a battle between the old PayPal mafia against the feds/central bankers’ control. At least this is the most plausible theory to me. If he really didn’t care about money, he would not have tried to backed out of the deal earlier…

Anyway, if in the end, people around the world could break free from the tyrannical reign of US dollars, I’m all for this deal. If this is really all about banning a bunch of impersonators, then surely $44billion should vaporize soon.

Ted Cruz is not worth the beer that spectator wasted.

Polarization is causing folks to not think straight.

On a more important note, unless some miracle happening, looks like dems are on track to lose power in congress.

Why was Cruz in the parade? He did nothing to help them win.

He fits in perfectly with the Astros, actually. A loser with an unearned sense of entitlement.