Page 24 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

He's so out of touch with reality...

I'm not a republican nor do I consider myself a conservative nor am I a supporter or Ryan..., but can you lefties see how Ryan's words are being twisted?

He did not say poor kids want to go hungry, he said American people want MORE than just free lunch.

I certainly agree with what he said... I see nothing wrong with his statement; however, the best government can do is to provide poor kids with free lunch. I don't understand how Ryan's gonna legislate love into the poor kids life.

I guess one way government could do it is to provide these services more covertly... so that it's not obvious to peers who's getting free lunches and who's not.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 7th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    He's trying to argue that we shouldn't provide lunches for poor children. Maybe you missed that part?

He's waging an all out war against the poor in this country and has been for years. Anything that helps the poor is in his sights.

Well, I didn't specifically hear or see that 'part' in the youtube clip nor was it included in the article. If I missed it, it was because it was left out.

If Ryan is really proposing a program that offers empty stomach and full of souls, I'd like to hear what he's proposing.

If he's only offering empty stomach and nothing else, then I'm sure nobody would support that... other than the rich people who don't want to pay more taxes.

Point is, political climate is polarizing enough already, no need to take a clip and then try to distort it out of proportion. I'm pretty sure Ryan in that clip did not say poor kids should go hungry nor did he say people don't want a full stomach. (Even if that's what he really meant to say! Or perhaps that's in the full original clip? If so, then it should've been included.)

People who dislike Ryan already disliked him. No need to try to make the same folks dislike him more and cause further polarization.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 7th, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Well, I didn't specifically hear or see that 'part' in the youtube clip nor was it included in the article. If I missed it, it was because it was left out.
    If you missed it, then you didn't watch it at all. It's the very first line he says in the clip "What they're offering is a full stomach and an empty soul."

If Ryan is really proposing a program that offers empty stomach and full of souls, I'd like to hear what he's proposing.
    That's the point. He doesn't offer a proposition. He simply thinks they don't want hand-outs. He doesn't realize that the reason that people NEED to take these hand-outs is because they can't afford a bag lunch. His solution seems to be to stop handouts and Love will all of a sudden create a brown bag lunch.

"What they're offering is a full stomach and an empty soul" doesn't really equal to "poor kids should starve" or "people don't want a full stomach", right? That may be what he's implying, but for sure that's not what he said.

My point is that there's no need to further add fuel to a fire and cause further polarization between the 2 groups.

If Ryan has a better plan, let's hear it. If Ryan's only proposing empty stomach and nothing else, then it'd be self evident that he's only interested in protecting the rich and his speech is just full of shit.

I really have no problems with what he said, just wondering about how he might implement it better if he thinks the left got it wrong. Of course if he's only interesting in blocking the left with all the great talks but no plan of action, then of course he won't get any votes from me.

Whether that little boy's story is true or not, you have to agree it really should not just be about feeding the stomach and ignoring the soul, right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 7th, 2014 at 01:02 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Maybe Paul Ryan thinks he has a good point, except he has a terrible way of stating the point, to the extreme that it seems like he wants to deprive kids of lunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The US owns Kosovo now? Sweet.
    They let a part of a country determine its own future and supported that will militarily. The majority of the people of Crimea want to be part of Russia and some of the older ones were born in Crimea when it was part of Russia.

Wanna Fight?
    you have to agree it really should not just be about feeding the stomach and ignoring the soul, right?
    Actually, YOU have to agree that without food, anyone would starve and die. Simple proven fact.

Now please explain, with proof, why you fucking idiots are addressing an imaginary concept (soul).

Kids are hungry. Feed them. Keep your 'messages' to yourself.
    Last edited by Rob; March 8th, 2014 at 03:19 AM.