Page 242 of 1824 FirstFirst ... 1421922322402412422432442522923427421242 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 18238

Thread: Politics

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    State's money isn't taxpayer money? I was talking about government in general. Besides federal govt, we also have state/local govt. Whatever the government... wherever the tax money comes from, even if from a private charitable org..., do you believe we should finance other people's stupid choices without restrictions/conditions at all? All in the name of being pro-choice? That is the best thing to do for everyone?

Of course I'm also not proposing we ban abortions or withhold funding under all circumstances. People make mistakes. Especially the poor. They need help to get back on their feet. However, if someone is clearly irresponsible... after 3 unwanted pregnancies... is it really that inhumane to tie her tubes up? Now, if it's always the same male partner that's knocking her up, maybe we can tie up the guy's dick first! Point is we need to reduce the # of unwanted pregnancies, right? If you have better solutions, surely we can try those things too.
    Remove the "red tape" for adoptions of kids born in the U.S. instead of forcing families that want kids to go to Asia or Africa to adopt

I always thought people who went thru the trouble to adopt kids from China or Africa were doing it to help kids over there... not only because of government red tape? Anyway, still, I thought most women with unwanted pregnancies don't really want to carry the baby to full term because it'd sideline their school work or career or it could just be that they don't want anyone to find out that they're pregnant. I really doubt women choosing abortion are not really doing it because of the insurmountable red tapes regarding giving up their babies. Surely they're not thinking that far down the line. They just want to get rid of it NOW! So I don't think removal of adoption red tape won't really help those women.

I'm not joining the abortion debate, but I think unwanted babies - gosh, that's horrible to even consider, but it's a fact sometimes, I guess - can be dropped off at government-run (as opposed to volunteer) fire stations with no questions asked. The one near my house has a logo of a baby being cradled in two arms on one of the exterior walls, as if to say, "we'll care for your baby if you're in trouble."

Got 'eeem!

(it's sad when so many posts in the Politics thread could just as well go in the meme/fails thread)

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    (it's sad when so many posts in the Politics thread could just as well go in the meme/fails thread)
    I've been thinking that for a while. It's almost a daily occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If you can pay for your own abortions, then it won't count against the limit of 3, how's that? Is that better?

I just don't think tax payers should be on the hook for people who are consistently irresponsible. Pro-choice shouldn't be about allowing people to keep on making obviously stupid choices.
    You DO pay for your own abortion. That's how it works...

You decrease abortions by increasing sex ed and the availability of contraceptives.

And keeping fucking religion out of it.

"Sex is only for marriage..." bullshit.

Sex is a normal, biological need. Human beings are animals. Cows don't get married before engaging in sex.

Don't waste your time... Common sense and Billi don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Sex is a normal, biological need. Human beings are animals. Cows don't get married before engaging in sex.

Checkmate, lieburals.