Page 2481 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 1481198123812431247124792480248124822483 ... LastLast
Results 24,801 to 24,810 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I don't envy the judge in Trump's criminal trial at all. Trump will do everything he possibly can to push the judge, but he knows the judge won't put him in jail (even though he should) for breaking the gag orders because it would send the entire GOP insanity machine into overdrive and make threats against everyone much worse.

Imagine having that issue, ignoring everything else...whether to jail one of the two leading presidential candidates 7 months before election day.
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; April 23rd, 2024 at 05:18 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Wasn't the judge chosen because of his experience, i seem to recall something about his professional profile when they started to drag the judge's adult child into this mess.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Did anyone else see the student in that protest using an empty water cooler jug firstly as a drum, then as an implement of self defence against a row of cops with riot shields and batons? He is my hero.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Wasn't the judge chosen because of his experience, i seem to recall something about his professional profile when they started to drag the judge's adult child into this mess.
    I believe (and may very well be wrong) that judges are generally just picked based on scheduling and who's available when. It is true, that he's a very experienced and well regarded judge, so he's probably better suited than most when it comes to dealing with Trump.

Trump in jail would answer part of my prayer. Biden retiring gracefully will be a full answer of my prayer.

Trump’s side is definitely the crazier and more emotional side. If they lost the election, I’m scared that Trump will come back bigger and harder in another 4 years.

Whereas if Biden lost, there’s always Kamala Harris next time? Folks like Bernie or AOC or Katie Porter just have no real significant place in the dem party…

It’s also amazing to me that congressional leaders are in such lock steps when it comes to foreign aids. We can’t agree on women’s rights in this day and age, but we can agree on giving Ukraine more bullets and missiles to prolong a pointless war that we(NATO) have caused…

And average Americans mostly care about how to gag Trump or free Trump… college students want to stop the ‘genocide’, but too bad Palestinians are not on our list of recipients for foreign aids…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 24th, 2024 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wait, pointing out that tons of people who have been killed in Gaza literally cannot be held responsible for what's happened to them because they haven't been able to vote in an election since 2006 is being "quite fast and single sided?"

What does that even mean?

Judging by your second paragraph, did you misunderstand what I was trying to say?
    Misunderstanding is always a possibility, maybe even more than that.

From my point of view the issue is how fast you flipped the side.
    It's justification or not is in body counts, but there is obviously also your own or "own" versus others.
    Nothing to do with voting, but much to do with the reality of their political status quo.

My issue is too many sacrificed family members.
    Worst when a little girl with her preschool backpack is sent to die, walking towards an Israeli checkpoint.
    So my body counting style is not objective, start of the thing is not helping either.

Body counts can never be objective.

Let's forget Israel for a minute.

How many died in Pearl Harbor? How many died in Hiroshima when we drop not one but 2 atomic bombs?

How many were killed in WTC? How many did we kill in Iraq and Afghanistan over the years?

Do we protest against USA about genocides?

Maybe YW will.

Anyway, not saying I totally agree with what US did, but when we are at war, obviously it'll be difficult to try to talk reasons with the parties involved. It's best we avoid wars from starting in the 1st place.

Ukraine should've asked for automatic NATO membership when it signed the non-nuke proliferation treaty... or it should've never given up its nukes.

Hamas should've known to never mess with Israel like that... just like Japanese really should not have attacked Pearl Harbor. Don't start something you cannot win!

Of course Hamas was probably not trying to win a war, but to make Israel and US look bad. For that, they have accomplished that mission objective.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Two national anti-fascist holidays were celebrated yesterday, April 25th: Italy's Festa della Liberazione and Portugal's Dia da Liberdade.

Some U.S. Universities also joined in on the Antifa celebrations...

And to that, I raise my glass!
    acket.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    Misunderstanding is always a possibility, maybe even more than that.

From my point of view the issue is how fast you flipped the side.
    It's justification or not is in body counts, but there is obviously also your own or "own" versus others.
    Nothing to do with voting, but much to do with the reality of their political status quo.

My issue is too many sacrificed family members.
    Worst when a little girl with her preschool backpack is sent to die, walking towards an Israeli checkpoint.
    So my body counting style is not objective, start of the thing is not helping either.
    I am very much hoping there's a misunderstanding here.

I think that when you say "how fast you flipped the side", I hope you mean as a nation, not me specifically. If you mean me specifically, this conversation is over.

If you mean as a nation, that's a fair complaint, but the accusation goes to what I meant. Hamas committed war crimes. What they did on October 7th is inexcusable. Israel had committed a number of crimes against the Palestinian people, but what Hamas did is not an appropriate response. Israel using what Hamas did as an excuse to obliterate the population of Gaza is also inexcusable and are also war crimes. They are relying on the "Hamas is the elected government of the Palestinian people, so it's all fair" which is just as much bullshit as what you are saying. Just like it's bullshit to conflate all Israelis with Netanyahu's murderous campaign of slaughter.

My point was even the idea that "they're Palestinian and they can all be lumped under their government" is bullshit even if you believe in that level of idiocy because a MASSIVE portion of the Palestinian population hasn't even had the opportunity to vote for their own government. Even if someone is dumb enough to conflate the entire population to their singular government, it still doesn't apply.

I think that we probably align more than you think, but I took it as a direct insult that you claimed I've suddenly changed my tune. I'm more than willing to think that there's a misunderstanding here, but hopefully I've made my viewpoint clear.

When both Hamas and Netanyahu are doing stupid, crazy, evil things... when they're engaged in a war, it'll be difficult to clearly see any viewpoints.

My only wish is that, whether it's Ukraine or Middle East, US should take up leadership to stop the fighting rather than continue to 'aid' by adding more fuel to prolong the fire.

If there's fire that is truly worthy of our fight, we should pull up our sleeves and fight the fire along with our friends.

Otherwise facilitate some sort of peace talk or something.

US definitely still carries sufficient weight in the international community to stop these wars if that's what we really want to achieve. However, US govt tend to want these forever wars to go on for various reasons.