Page 25 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735751255251025 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

The problem with Ryan, Walker, and his ilk, is that their actions speak louder than words.

Their words pretend to be compassionate and caring. Their actions prove otherwise.

And I really admire how Billi pretends he hasn't seen their actions in other arenas. The self censored vision/ hearing/ reading is amusing.

I don't know Ryan well. I only know of him during his VP run. I wasn't going to vote for Mitt and Ryan joining the campaign didn't change my mind. I wasn't particularly impressed with the guy based on the little that I know...

Now, if you're going to judge the guy's actions, go ahead and show his despicable actions. No need to show clips of his words and then try to twist them. By showing his poor actions, wouldn't that be more effective? Fact is that neither the clip nor the article showed anything about the guy saying kids should go hungry. It'd be better and more effective attack to show him trying to take away free lunch for poor kids, right?

Yes, I'm all for letting actions speaking louder than words. Conservatives already are playing plenty of word games. No need to sink to their same level. They need to DO something to get this nation moving forward.

It really amazes me how the Republican talking heads seem to try and paint Democrats as the ones unwilling to move forward and change... while they have been the ones fighting against inequality and equal rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Palin
    Talking about the president's handling of Iran's nuclear capability, Palin said, "Mr. President, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke."
    Palin criticized the president on issues ranging from Obamacare to the response to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, to the IRS scandal. She also accused Democrats of "demeaning women" with their policies.
    "Hey Democrats! It's your leaders who are demeaning women," Palin said. "Liberals seem to think the women of America are cheap dates."
    "I do believe that the eyes of America are open. Unfortunately though, some would want you to hit the snooze button and roll back over. Like 'Hush America, go back to sleep little lambs,'" Palin said.
    "I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his healthcare scam," Palin said. "I do not like these dirty crooks or how they lie and cook the books. I do not like when Congress stills. I do not like their crony deals. I do not like the spying man. I do not like 'Oh yes we can.' I do not like this spending spree. We're smart we know there's nothing free. I do not like reporters' smug replies when I complain about their lies. I do not like this kind of hope. And we won't take it, nope, nope, nope. Hat tip the Internet."
    It's sad that people listen to this drivel. And even worse that most of the ones that do listen, believe it.

So, Democrats are demeaning women by trying to get them equal pay and Republicans are helping them by voting against it? And by reducing their control over birth control and abortions?

And, voting against the ACA over and over, trying to take us back to insurance companies running everything is progress in their opinion?

The Benghazi non-scandal and IRS non-scandal are really getting annoying. It's like they can't accept that there is no controversy, so they keep regurgitating the same stuff over and over hoping people start to believe it.

I'd like to say that I'm confused by this approach. But, really I'm not. It seems to be their standard MO.

I really would like to not align so much with the Democrats. I would prefer to be somewhere in the middle. But, the Republicans seem to be so out of control crazy lately it is difficult to believe anything they say.

Be fair: The insurance companies still run everything.
    -Formerly Stabulator

true

Of course, they only stand for specific principles when they benefit them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla
    Unfortunately, Monday we received news that Governor Christie's administration has gone back on its word to delay a proposed anti-Tesla regulation so that the matter could be handled through a fair process in the Legislature. The Administration has decided to go outside the legislative process by expediting a rule proposal that would completely change the law in New Jersey. This new rule, if adopted, would curtail Tesla's sales operations and jeopardize our existing retail licenses in the state. ... This is an affront to the very concept of a free market.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    from: http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/11/news...html?hpt=hp_t2

Christie has the support of Jim Appleton, who is president of the New Jersey Coalition of Automotive Retailers, also known as NJ Car. Appleton said that Tesla never should have been approved to sell cars directly in New Jersey in the first place.

"Tesla is a wonderful product but unfortunately the company has chosen an unwise and in New Jersey unlawful distribution method," he said.

Appleton explained that dealers protect consumers because "an auto manufacturer is congenitally incapable of fully and faithfully honoring warranty and safety recall obligations."
    What a load of utter B.S.

I'm not sure I entirely disagree with that statement - I mean, there are plenty examples of manufacturers evading recalls and warranties, but to suggest that dealers are the cure to the problem is laughable. I don't recall NJ Car speaking out about the Prius unintended acceleration situation, or the more recent Cobalt ignition switch issue... where the fuck was Appleton for those consumers? Yeah, dealer associations are leverage against manufacturers, but certainly not for the consumer's well-being.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Even when the manufacturers issue a recall, good luck trying to get the dealer to fix it! I had a rear latch problem with my scion tC....it was made of plastic and is prone to breaking....Scion/Toyota corporate finally issued a replacement bulletin, but the dealer still wouldn't honor it.

"Unwise [...] distribution method"...heh.

Thinking on our discussion in the OR about Toybaru dealers and their no-shits-given approach to selling the GT86 twins, one could pretty easily argue that manufacturer-direct retail is a better way to sell cars, from the manufacturer's perspective. Particularly for a car that is being constantly refined and revised, like the Tesla.
    Whoomah!