Page 26 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836761265261026 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Indeed.

Personally, I think the idea of "let the manufacturer do the selling" is the pervasive mentality in west coast dealers. Maybe that's why there haven't been any Tesla-related uproars. I guess "these fuckers gotta buy!" is still the MO back east.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Even when the manufacturers issue a recall, good luck trying to get the dealer to fix it! I had a rear latch problem with my scion tC....it was made of plastic and is prone to breaking....Scion/Toyota corporate finally issued a replacement bulletin, but the dealer still wouldn't honor it.
    Really? How is that possible, or even legal? Replacements should be at no cost to the dealer, why would they refuse? Unless there's a parts shortage or perhaps the technicians aren't trained to do the fix yet? Anyway, that just seems mind boggling to me, but then again I haven't owned a Toyota for a while...

Regarding Tesla in NJ, it's not like it's a huge market and it's not like Tesla got a lot of cars in its inventory that they need to get rid of them... it'd be New Jersey's loss if they decided to block Tesla sales.

New Jersey is the 11th most populous state with the second highest median income in the US.

I reckon that makes it fairly important to Tesla.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Really? How is that possible, or even legal? Replacements should be at no cost to the dealer, why would they refuse? Unless there's a parts shortage or perhaps the technicians aren't trained to do the fix yet? Anyway, that just seems mind boggling to me, but then again I haven't owned a Toyota for a while...
    This thread explains it pretty well:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222594

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    New Jersey is the 11th most populous state with the second highest median income in the US.

I reckon that makes it fairly important to Tesla.
    And establishing an owner base is probably key to justifying/financing the ever-expanding supercharger network... and NJ is probably important in that effort.

Facts are Billi's weakness.

Whaddayagonnado?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not to mention that it is a discriminatory practice damaging to both individual and corporation.
    acket.

Last summer I was surprised to learn that there was a recall on my 1999 Accord - fourteen years later! The local Honda dealer replaced the part at no charge and even gave me a ride to work and back.

And I worked one brief summer in high school at a new car dealership. I remember one of the service advisors saying they liked warranty work because customers didn't complain about the cost and they always got paid by the manufacturer.

But, that was a long time ago.

Rare interview with Jim Appleton: