Page 38 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048881385381038 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And that... would come as no surprise.
    acket.

True. It is fairly typical of a social sciences paper in that regard.

No, I meant it's typical of your snobby-ass web persona to ignore basic, easily available facts in order to elaborate your fallacious, pseudo scientific charades.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    No, I meant it's typical of your snobby-ass web persona to ignore basic, easily available facts in order to elaborate your fallacious, pseudo scientific charades.
    Err... I asked a simple pertinent question. I don't have time to read the whole document on my weekend thanks and I definitely won't be reading it during the week. Perhaps next time when someone asks a question, you could be so kind as to respond with an answer as opposed to some snide elitist bullshit.

My point was as follows:

This paper reports on an effort to do so, using a unique data set that includes measures of the key variables for 1,779 policy issues.
    If 1700 of those issues were non-divisive, taken for granted, no-brainer issues like, a good education system, a low crime rate, effective policing, job creation, equality, stability, security, a strong economy etc., then you could have a high degree of correlation even if both sides were polar opposites on the remnant, highly divisive issues. Does it call on us to re-think our conception of a polarised political divide in a 2-party system, or just tell us that rich and poor people are generally sane?

We can have a civil conversation, all you have to do is try.

I know.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    Mexico got it from Spain when they won independence, with violence.

Spain took it from hundreds of native tribes from what is now the NW US to the southern tip of South America, with violence in many places.

Some native tribes took what they had from other native tribes, with violence.

It's the cycle of land conquest. It's history.
    So for a bunch of mobs who own guns thinking that they can violently go against the Federal government and win... they're just kidding themselves.

They probably have a better chance thru legal means, but I kinda doubt that too.

Anyway, I find it amazing why it's necessary to debate about this so passionately. Hats off to LH and Taimar!

Well, I'm bloody glad I went away for the weekend!
    Alex has said everything I would have wanted to, only much more eloquently and with far more patience than I could have mustered.

I feel that the following is pettiness on my part, for which I apologise in advance, but I'm not having anyone think I "nut-swing" from Beck and O'Reilly.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    They're both imbeciles, you can't suddenly nut-swing from their 'sound judgement' just because you agree with their stance. All news is news. It's always selective and biased and sometimes wrong, but Fox don't have exclusivity on that by any means.
    My point wasn't that I agree with them, but rather when two of the biggest right wing nutjobs from Fox, or exFox in Beck's case, who still have jobs talking to people on television after saying some downright abhorrent shit. When even they aren't prepared to get behind your sovereign citizen standing against government tyranny movement you might be a little far past crazy.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    Err... I asked a simple pertinent question. I don't have time to read the whole document on my weekend thanks and I definitely won't be reading it during the week. Perhaps next time when someone asks a question, you could be so kind as to respond with an answer as opposed to some snide elitist bullshit.
    And yet you questioned its relevance? Let me quote you on that:

it's difficult to know if this means anything
    or even worse, went so far as to imply the invalidity of the entire Social Sciences corpus with your usual broadstroke characterizations:

True. It is fairly typical of a social sciences paper in that regard.
    and then, once again, with total indifference of our collective memory, play the victim card:

when someone asks a question, you could be so kind as to respond with an answer as opposed to some snide elitist bullshit.
    Sorry man, I can't give you "an answer" to your satisfaction. I reffuse to get in your sandbox under those terms. You are going to keep dealing with my snide elitist bullshit.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; April 21st, 2014 at 07:20 AM.
    acket.

And yet you questioned its relevance? Let me quote you on that:
    As anyone is entitled to. I was hoping for an answer providing clarity, that's all.

or even worse, went so far as to imply the invalidity of the entire Social Sciences corpus with your usual broadstroke characterizations:
    As a response to your snide remark:

And that... would come as no surprise.
    and then, once again, with total indifference of our collective memory, play the victim card:
    After this:

Sorry man, I can't give you "an answer"
    Which is fine, perhaps just say that from the start.

I reffuse to get in your sandbox under those terms. You are going to keep dealing with my snide elitist bullshit.
    I'm glad you've provided a surplus 'f' to make up for the fact that I don't give one.