Page 41 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonder View Post
    BLM founded 1946. Even his claim to have been there before the BLM was founded is bullshit.
    ... unless of course he was there in the 1800s but didn't pay the Leavitts for 50 or 60 years.

Maybe the Leavitts were family somehow?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Militia backed Rancher shows his true colors

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," Bundy said, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids – and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch – they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" Bundy continued. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."- Cliven Bundy, the recent GOP and Fox News Darling

oh... I'm shocked...

no. really. I am.

What was the context for that statement? I'm just curious what subject he was running his mouth on that lead to that gem.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I'm going to suppose it had something to do with gay marriage. Or not enough creationism in Cosmos.
    acket.

The backpedaling on the right is hilarious.

Shocking statement but it doesn't relate to the original stand. It just shows that you shouldn't listen to grandpa too much.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-breaks-p...155128834.html

During the 2008 campaign, Barack Obama could not have been clearer about what he thought of the mass killings of Armenians at the hands of Ottoman Turks in 1915.

"My firmly held conviction (is) that the Armenian Genocide is not an allegation, a personal opinion, or a point of view, but rather a widely documented fact supported by an overwhelming body of historical evidence," he said in a statement. "The facts are undeniable," Obama wrote. "As President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide."

Once in office, though? Not so much. Not at all, in fact.

President Obama on Thursday called the slaughter “one of the worst atrocities of the 20th century.” But for the sixth straight year, he did not use the word “genocide” — a move that Armenians would have cheered but would also have risked profoundly angering Turkey, a crucial NATO ally.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    That's been on wikipedia since like 2009. Your point being?

Head of State forced to put privately-held convictions aside and act stately in public events.

It does sound like headline of the year. not.
    acket.

By virtue of the fact it shouldn't be, it is. You know?