Page 43 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553931435431043 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taimar View Post
    Your contention is that Government Propaganda turned Cliven Bundy into an anti-government anarchist?
    Statements of that sort are all part of Z07's disingenuous new persona. I've repeatedly told him that I find his attitude grievous to the bonds we have built in our community.

I have fair amounts of sincere gratitude to your posts, Alex; They show Z07/LHutton to be, in no unclear terms, an internet troll.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; April 25th, 2014 at 01:09 PM.
    acket.

So what's your position? The state had it correct in 1950?

Is it just a coincidence that more old people are bigoted?

Quote Originally Posted by LHutton View Post
    So what's your position? The state had it correct in 1950?
    Since you opened the door here, I'd like you to tell us exactly what you are referring to when you say that "the United States Government was brainwashing people into being racists in 1950."

Please demonstrate for the class.

Is it just a coincidence that more old people are bigoted?
    Though there are many deeply bigoted young people out there, no, it's not. But that doesn't equate to it having something to do with government brainwashing.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    So wait...the government was brainwashing people to be anti-government?

I mean, I know it exists today in the Tea Party and other right-wingers...supposedly trying to rally against the government by joining it, but I don't think people were being brainwashed to do that back in 50's.

Since you opened the door here, I'd like you to tell us exactly what you are referring to when you say that "the United States Government was brainwashing people into being racists in 1950."

Please demonstrate for the class.

Though there are many deeply bigoted young people out there, no, it's not. But that doesn't equate to it having something to do with government brainwashing.
    Well you can take that position, it is your right, but I believe, and in fact know that both the federal government and Her Majesty's Government were racist and homophobic douche snakes in the mid-20th century. Now, in the case of Clive Bundy, they wish to blame him for believing their crap. And there is some blame there but it multiplies and reflects back to its true owner.

Well you can take that position, it is your right, but I believe, and in fact know that both the federal government and Her Majesty's Government were racist and homophobic douche snakes in the mid-20th century. Now, in the case of Clive Bundy, they wish to blame him for believing their crap. And there is some blame there but it multiplies and reflects back to its true owner.
    Again, do you have any specifics at all here? None?

Your stipulation is therefore as follows: "Government Brainwashing - no citation -> Then something unknown happens -> Government is responsible for Cliven Bundy being a racist" - is that what you're going with?

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    So wait...the government was brainwashing people to be anti-government?

I mean, I know it exists today in the Tea Party and other right-wingers...supposedly trying to rally against the government by joining it, but I don't think people were being brainwashed to do that back in 50's.
    What is anti-government now wasn't always anti-government. The government is a chameleon.

People are always being brainwashed. If they weren't, the military would have no new recruits.

Again, do you have any specifics at all here? None?

Your stipulation is therefore as follows: "Government Brainwashing - no citation -> Then something unknown happens -> Government is responsible for Cliven Bundy being a racist" - is that what you're going with?
    To even ask for a citation is to ignore history on scale comparable to holocaust denial.

I mean really, what was MLK so hot under the collar about even???

http://samples.essaypedia.com/papers...50s-23218.html

The 1950s: these years represent the height of black segregation in the United States of America. It signifies a time when black and white Americans were detached from one another. These years symbolize a moment when interactions among the races appeared morally corrupt. Also, America desperately tries to suppress these years behind the pages of its embarrassing history. How could these incidents happen? Why did they happen? Should America blame those who were too ignorant to overcome their differences for this oppression? Or are the citizens', too blind to see raw aggression and hatred blurred their sights of morality, to blame? As a society who has overcome the dreaded days of hate, avoidance of pinning certain groups as the problem of this hidden mess in our history is essential. America suffered separation due to hate, ignorance, and the lack of confrontation. This decade in American history must always burn in the back of every American's mind. Unified America must acknowledge the faults of a country and a government so such unfortunate moments may never occur again. Unification and acknowledgment of a whole society prevent a separation from ever repeating itself.
    Last edited by LHutton; April 25th, 2014 at 02:05 PM.

What is anti-government now wasn't always anti-government. The government is a chameleon.
    I gotta admit, this is a real trip down the rabbit hole. Your explanation is essentially "all things are possible at any time for any reason I give."

Again, if you're going to make a claim of something verifiable, then make it. But if you have nothing other than vague, unfocused anger at authority, that's not really claim of anything.

People are always being brainwashed. If they weren't, the military would have no new recruits.
    Not a single member of the military I have ever met was "brainwashed" into serving. They had their reasons for serving and they were their own.

When I was 18-21, roughly the age of most military recruits, I'd have never given a second thought to serving. Not only did I not want to, the Military wouldn't have wanted me even if I had. But part of me regrets that I'll never get to fly an E-3 Sentry, as odd as that sounds.

Well you've ignored everything I've posted, so I guess the conversation ends here. I'm surprised you can't see that his opinions are too complicated for him to have formed them on his own.

Why wouldn't the military have wanted you anyway?
    Last edited by LHutton; April 25th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.