Page 5 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 3456715551055051005 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Fast As Possible View Post
    Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal.

I vote fiscally, so I vote for the Conservative Party of Canada, and I am a Harper supporter.
    Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal.

I can't support Harper, wish the Conservative Party would kick him out. Abuses of power IMO, brutal to scientific community, corruption, brutal to the environment... and that is just a start.

No viable alternative in the other parties, fiscal views aside.

I have always struggled with my outlook, being conservatively liberal, and fiscally social. eg, I'm really into bicurious chicks with a few piercings & tats and I am happy to treat them to a night at the strip club.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mccain...194100763.html

If there were any doubts that Republicans are in the throes of ideological fratricide that could threaten their prospects for success this fall, they were dispelled over the weekend in Arizona.
    In a move both bizarre and ill-timed, Arizona Republican Party members voted to censure Sen. John McCain – a highly-decorated Vietnam War hero, maverick conservative and 2008 Republican presidential nominee – for being too liberal for their taste.

Other than his Presidential run, McCain has often been seen as "too liberal" by many conservatives. This isn't really news... things are just getting back to normal, instead.

McCain was criticized for that even DURING his presidential run. the group saying it wasn't as large as now but it was being said.

Is it just me or does Susane Atanus look like a character from SNL or MadTV?

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    During his presidential run against Obama, McCain actually swung way right for a while, just to get the nomination. He was kind of slow to move back to his more moderate stances.

The GOP seems to be eating itself.

As if that were a bad thing.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    That's one part of the narrative that has been pushed for years, that "liberal" is a bad word and "conservative" is a good word.

I only see that specific thing from the right though....I don't often hear left wing types criticizing "conservative" as a bad word....maybe "neo-con" though.

Mostly just anti social conservatism. Fiscal conservatism, while not agreed with, is at least understood.